MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Is there any safe choice for an aggressive spoiler then? The spoiler company seemed like a good choice, but 2 out of 2 people had a bad experience. I've read a ton of bad reviews for BMC. The only other spoiler that looks safe is the Drake Shelby style spoiler. FR3Z-6344210-B2 https://www.cjponyparts.com/drake-m...e8jJ4BpvgoC7UcZSTZ4kAIC0lN75FPB4aAkBxEALw_wcB Anyone use this one? Does it work on a vert?
Says it fits "fastbacks", so I suspect that's a no. Any design that sits all the way across the rear deck, can't really be for both (I could see a few designs with just a few small contact points maybe working).

A few folks here have the BMC (there's a specifical thread about it) and all had good luck except for one guy, his was actually damaged (vs. like a bad fitment), and then it took a LONG time to get resolved.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
CDC Outlaw. Pictures are my coupe but available for Convertible.

upload_2020-5-4_13-53-42.png

upload_2020-5-4_13-54-13.png

upload_2020-5-4_13-55-55.png

Mhanna5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
Says it fits "fastbacks", so I suspect that's a no. Any design that sits all the way across the rear deck, can't really be for both (I could see a few designs with just a few small contact points maybe working).

A few folks here have the BMC (there's a specifical thread about it) and all had good luck except for one guy, his was actually damaged (vs. like a bad fitment), and then it took a LONG time to get resolved.

I agree with what you're saying, but I see they put that spoiler on the GT-H convertible. https://www.slashgear.com/2019-shelby-gt-squeezes-700-horsepower-from-mustang-v8-17541608/

I read that thread about the BMC spoilers and that guy who had to return his due to a shipping issue, but since that time, it seems they get terrible reviews on FB and such. I try to weed out some of the reviews that may be "whiny or nit picky" but they have a lot of common themes like lack of communication. Maybe I'll take a chance.

signal12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR 50 YEAR Ecoboost Convertable 6MT
I agree with what you're saying, but I see they put that spoiler on the GT-H convertible. https://www.slashgear.com/2019-shelby-gt-squeezes-700-horsepower-from-mustang-v8-17541608/

I read that thread about the BMC spoilers and that guy who had to return his due to a shipping issue, but since that time, it seems they get terrible reviews on FB and such. I try to weed out some of the reviews that may be "whiny or nit picky" but they have a lot of common themes like lack of communication. Maybe I'll take a chance.
I'll say this for the eBay version. Their customer service was really good. Mine had some small defects , that the body shop can fix easy, and they refunded me $50 no problem. Mine was unpainted CBS they said they remove the blemishes before they paint if it's a painted one . I haven't fit it yet but seems to follow the lines and was definitely more curved than the Speedform one. I'll post pictures after paint and install . Still deciding on black or body color .

Mhanna5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
I'll say this for the eBay version. Their customer service was really good. Mine had some small defects , that the body shop can fix easy, and they refunded me $50 no problem. Mine was unpainted CBS they said they remove the blemishes before they paint if it's a painted one . I haven't fit it yet but seems to follow the lines and was definitely more curved than the Speedform one. I'll post pictures after paint and install . Still deciding on black or body color .
The body shop is going to fix the edges and other issues? I'll be curious if fits the body lines better than the Speedform. Thanks for the update.

Sponsored

signal12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
The body shop is going to fix the edges and other issues? I'll be curious if fits the body lines better than the Speedform. Thanks for the update.
Oh , I had to send the Speedform back. Ends would not touch the trunk. This one has more flex in it which helps also. Honestly, after smoothing it the rough edges, it's not too bad. But we'll see.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P

Heck, Shelby might have two versions, as much as they charge.

I hear you about not getting good product support, the guy I mentioned ordered after me, so my only feedback was a few folks here who had a good experience. When I contacted BMC up front, they were even pretty honest about being concerned over color matching Orange Fury, so I went with gloss black (which looks killer).

There's so much sketchy business in the car parts industry, especially with companies sourcing stuff from overseas where there's really no way for them to scrutinized production quality, they're basically just resellers.

If you do go with the BMC, and don't have any issues with shipping, the product itself, including the paint, is really top notch.

Beerrun80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Agree with their customer service. I requested my return through eBay and the company contacted me for the part number. Turned out they did send the coupe spoiler and will send the correct one along with mailing label to send back the wrong one.

signal12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
I'm glad to hear it! Let us see if when you're done!

Saleen03247

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Convertible, 2003 Saleen S-281 Coupe

Sponsored

signal12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)

Mhanna5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
I love that spoiler, but I don't think it covers the factory holes. I'd get that in a heartbeat if it did. Looks awesome!

rancid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible