Aftermarket window chrome trim

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
No, those are even, but in that last pic they're reflecting the sun which makes them look like they're standing out.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Chrome Stainless

Rec'd my pkg...excellent wrap job, no damage whatsoever. 1st I gotta say

HOLY CRAP THEY ARE GORGEOUS !! easy to install, yes 2 people. Some areas are hard to fudge the piece to the correct location but im happy with the final results!
IMG_0378.JPG
IMG_0396(1).JPG
IMG_0395(1).JPG
IMG_0393.JPG
IMG_0388.JPG
IMG_0385.JPG

oofietoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost
I just had a set installed on my 50 years appearance mustang. Got mine directly from ford. Installed by ford dealer. Cost about 2500.00. I have all the black pieces if anyone wants to change their chrome.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
I just had a set installed on my 50 years appearance mustang. Got mine directly from ford. Installed by ford dealer. Cost about 2500.00. I have all the black pieces if anyone wants to change their chrome.

Yikes, hope you're Happy with it! I'm over the top with this set! The quality is excellent and quite honestly you cant really tell the difference! I save $2,334.00 !! That's a lot of chunk change brutha ! Post up some pics!
IMG_0402.JPG

Sponsored

oofietoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost
I am a OEM kinda guy. Biggest reason I went with OEM was the way it fit at the top of the quarter window.
012 (600x800).jpg

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
I am a OEM kinda guy. Biggest reason I went with OEM was the way it fit at the top of the quarter window.
Hey, as long as you’re happy!! Looks good. :cheers:

chowman90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Looks good Ric! Hey, why you selling your belly pan?

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
this is also factory from Ford!! An Escape.... looks like they missed some chrome!! lol all new cars look like this. i do like the Mustang stock chrome.. but sorry, not for all that money. it really does look good on your car though.
IMG_0260.JPG

buenoshun

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Istvan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
This Chinese window trim is a stick-on type.
I'm afraid that it might fly off while I'm driving on the freeway, and hit another car through the windshield like a spear.
Especially if the car was sitting on the sun in a parking lot for hours before driving on the freeway, and the glue softened.
Otherwise I would go for it probably.
My Mustang is oxford white, but my old mazda is also white and has chrome window trims.

Sponsored

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
I'm afraid that it might fly off while I'm driving on the freeway, and hit another car through the windshield like a spear.
Especially if the car was sitting on the sun in a parking lot for hours before driving on the freeway, and the glue softened.
My Mustang is oxford white, but my old mazda is also white and has chrome window trims.
You gotta be kidding me!!! Do you know what 3M tape is!! It will not come off unless you are going in excess of 200mph!! lmao!!! It ain’t going anywhere Dude!! It is worth every cent!! Ford stock trimcan be done for $2500 !! Sure, go that route!!!

buenoshun

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Istvan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
You gotta be kidding me!!! Do you know what 3M tape is!! It will not come off unless you are going in excess of 200mph!! lmao!!! It ain’t going anywhere Dude!! It is worth every cent!! Ford stock trimcan be done for $2500 !! Sure, go that route!!!
I know it looks really nice, I was considering it too. I might still use it, if there is a proof for its strength and reliability. I would not get the $2500 one, so the Chinese one if it is guaranteed safe, or nothing.

I'm an engineer. We dont use glue for any structural things, only mechanical fasteners made of metal.
As I said, if the car sits in a sunny parking lot in a southern state, the glue can get heated to 170F, then most of it's strength may be lost. Even certain plastics get soft that you can re-form them by hand (using gloves). In hot condition, it can slowly detach from the surface. At this softened or detached state, a little 80mph wind on the freeway could rip it off. Unless the 3M tape is rated to retain lets say 90% of its strength up to 170F. Which type of 3M tape is on it? A high-temp variant? Does it have short term (seconds) temperature tolerance, or long term (hours, repeated daily) temperature tolerance?

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company...0676+8710815+8711017+8712905+3294857497&rt=r3

NoReins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work in Progress
It is all about the prep. the main reason why side scoops, quarter window cover and rear louvers fly off is because people do not clean the surface properly (this includes any type of cleaner material). 3M Tape will not bond to a surface cleaner like Windex or some quick detail wax.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Love the way it looks on magnetic, especially with silver wheels. It was the first thing I did to my car.

img_20171125_113756-jpg.jpg

img_20171110_162912-jpg.jpg

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
@buenoshun, my kit came with adhesive promoter as well as 3M tape. After cleaning, prepping, and applying the promoter, my trim stuck like you wouldn't believe. I don't think I could get it off without a hammer and chisel.
Sponsored