Sponsored

Aftermarket Wheel Recommendations

dralan01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
First time poster. Recently bought a 2020 GT350 in shadow black. Love the car.

I am considering getting some silver or lighter color wheels to replace the stock black ones. Looked over the aftermarket wheel thread but nothing hit me as a must-have and figured I would ask the community what they thought.

What I like:
I love the Vossen VFS-5 wheels.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/the-gt350-r-aftermarket-wheel-thread.58823/page-9.

Price point and look are exactly what I want but I am concerned about 20s and thats all they offer them in. I'd prefer to stick with the stock 19s in size so as to not sacrifice ride quality. I read through another thread and the consensus seemed to be stick with 19s for quality-of-driving experience over 20s.

My general requirements:
- available in 19s
- similar in style to the VFS-5 wheels
- under $750 per wheel

Anyone have a recommendation on 19s that would loosely meet these criteria? I would look in other forums but the size on our cars makes me think its better to start with whats available for the GT350.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Doskiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
I have emailed Vossen numerous times over the last couple of years and they have no intention of making the VFS-5 in 19.s. Too bad for me as I think that they are awesome as well. All I can say about your hunt is do your homework and learn as much as you can before you purchase. Quality rotary forged 19's availability are stingy in the lower price range ........ sounds like flow forged might be your game. The issue that I found that 19's were no problem ....... it was the width that was needed that hampered my decision on what to go with. I was super disappointed on my last purchase so take your time, do your research and be carefull .......... ;-)

phinhead34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 / 2009 GT500
Look at Signature Wheels. They have great looking wheels in many different flavors.

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
I have emailed Vossen numerous times over the last couple of years and they have no intention of making the VFS-5 in 19.s. Too bad for me as I think that they are awesome as well. All I can say about your hunt is do your homework and learn as much as you can before you purchase. Quality rotary forged 19's availability are stingy in the lower price range ........ sounds like flow forged might be your game. The issue that I found that 19's were no problem ....... it was the width that was needed that hampered my decision on what to go with. I was super disappointed on my last purchase so take your time, do your research and be carefull .......... ;-)
This is good advice. Just one thing, don't confuse rotary forging and flow forged for even spun forged, they are all the same basic process of forming the barrel over a drum and formed by a roller under pressure. Depending on the brand there are fully forged wheels for the same approximate cost as a flow formed wheel and it will generally be stronger and lighter. There are some great dealers that are on this forum that could help you in your search. Paul at PK Auto Design is one. I've bought from him twice and had very good buying experience (no affiliation).

MNGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350 base comp orange
Another recommendation for Signature. Great custom wheels, high quality purchasing experience, and as light as they come (this side of carbon fiber)

Sponsored

OP
OP

dralan01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Thanks for the advice and recommendations.

I am not too familiar with the different types of forging processes so appreciate the info on that. How much should that play into your buying decision?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
How much should that play into your buying decision?
I wouldn't get all too excited over it. You can get Flow-formed wheels for as low as 80 each (closeout) to 150-200 each and up to about 350 each. Cast wheels will work fine too and basically hover around the 120-240 price point. If you want real forged wheels prices tend to be 500 and up. Depends how much money you want to throw at it and whether you like the pattern/color etc.

bendensez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brendan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350

Sponsored

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Browse our Signature Wheel build album and let me know what you think. We can discuss costs if you see something you like. Price point might be a tad above your limit, but it will be worth it for what you get.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qBHDLwf5bI6kFYRK2

Doskiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
20 inch Vossens are pretty good. No concerns since I have had these.
DSC_0588-4.jpg
I had Vossen's on my 2016 Ecoboost ......... They make a great wheel ......... ;-)