After market wheel with PP1 specs ?

pghgeorge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
19 Bullitt 34 Ford
Are there any after market 19 in wheels with PP1 widths and offsets ?
I have had no luck in finding that Unicorn.
Thanks
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I think the Enkei PF01 used to be one, but I don't think they make them anymore.

Why stick with PP1 widths and offsets? (just curious)

OP
OP
pghgeorge

pghgeorge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
19 Bullitt 34 Ford
I think the Enkei PF01 used to be one, but I don't think they make them anymore.

Why stick with PP1 widths and offsets? (just curious)
I appreciate the Curiosity.

PP1 + Magnaride + Ps4s - Great
PP1 + Magnaride + AS3+ - ok

I want to use the Ps4s that I have on new wheels.
Not a fan of the aesthetics of Ford PP1 wheels.
But I respect the specs of the PP1 set up.

The Enkei PF01 I believe are 18 in max.

I am Curious to hear your thoughts.

Thanks

Last edited:

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Ok the good news is you can put your stock PP1 sized 255/40 and 275/40 tires on a large variety of 19x9.5 or even 19x10” aftermarket wheels and they’ll fit fine. Yes the 255 fronts will safely fit on up to a 10” wheel.

so that opens the door to a wide variety of good quality lighter and stronger flow formed (aka spun forged) 19x10 ET35 or ET40 wheels from the likes of SVE, MRR, Project6gr, Apex, etc etc.

getting into a square set of 10” wide wheels means you can run a 285/35on your next set of tires down the road and freely rotate them between all four corners, sacrificing basically nothing.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Motegi mr151-cs5 on at Tirerack. Grab 4 of the rears.
there are lots of good wheels in 19x9.5 and will happily take 255-275 width tires.

My size and offset chart might be of some use.
I bought some 19x10 in bronze FLOW ONE RACE SPEC F2 from Tirerack when they were on clearance. Now all they have left are the 11's it seems. DiscountTire.com used to carry FlowOne but I guess no longer.

If you have some time. Go look thru listings like this.

Attachments

Last edited:

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Why 4 rears?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Didn't see the width difference. Duh! I thought it was back spacing.

OP
OP
pghgeorge

pghgeorge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
19 Bullitt 34 Ford
Ok the good news is you can put your stock PP1 sized 255/40 and 275/40 tires on a large variety of 19x9.5 or even 19x10” aftermarket wheels and they’ll fit fine. Yes the 255 fronts will safely fit on up to a 10” wheel.

so that opens the door to a wide variety of good quality lighter and stronger flow formed (aka spun forged) 19x10 ET35 or ET40 wheels from the likes of SVE, MRR, Project6gr, Apex, etc etc.

getting into a square set of 10” wide wheels means you can run a 285/35on your next set of tires down the road and freely rotate them between all four corners, sacrificing basically nothing.
Thanks for the input and my education.

How much change in offset can be made from the original spec.
Front ET 45 Rear ET 52.5 ?

What affect will changes in offset have if any on -
Handling
Brembo and suspension clearance ?

Thanks again

OP
OP
pghgeorge

pghgeorge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
19 Bullitt 34 Ford
Motegi mr151-cs5 on at Tirerack. Grab 4 of the rears.
there are lots of good wheels in 19x9.5 and will happily take 255-275 width tires.

My size and offset chart might be of some use.
I bought some 19x10 in bronze FLOW ONE RACE SPEC F2 from Tirerack when they were on clearance. Now all they have left are the 11's it seems. DiscountTire.com used to carry FlowOne but I guess no longer.

If you have some time. Go look thru listings like this.
[/QUOTE

BBwheels is a Great resource website.
All the info on 1 website- helps to make an informed decision.
It is the best I have seen.

Thank you

Sponsored
OP
OP
pghgeorge

pghgeorge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
19 Bullitt 34 Ford
I appreciate the info.
BBwheels is a Great resource website.
All the info on 1 website- helps to make an informed decision.
It is the best I have seen.

Thank you

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase

Handling

Thanks again
Most aftermarket wheels have a lower positive offset (e.g. +35 instead of +45). It seems counterintuitive, but a lower number means the wheel sits further outside toward the fender, so suspension clearance should be better. Brembo clearance should generally be better, too, but it also depends on the shape of the wheel itself. Handling differences from offset differences alone should be negligible.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Depends on the width of the wheel/tire but if sticking with the same PP1 sizes you can easily go to +35 rear and +25 front. Going wider would need more offset so they don't poke outside the fender.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Offset is an odd number. Its how far from the center of the

Handling

Thanks again
The offset that you can or should run depend on the width of the tire/wheel being used (and if its front or rear).

For a square setup, a 10" wheel with a 285 or less tire can run an ET40 or ET35 and fit on both ends of the car. If you go wider, offsets that fit get more restrictive as there is less room to work with when fitting wider wheels under the fenders. The brembos aren't difficult to clear with any 19" barrel wheel designed for a Mustang unless you're trying to go for a JDM look and want a sunken wheel face. Make sure your chosen wheel is sold to fit on Mustangs and you should be fine. Some 18" wheels even fit over the brembos, but those are less common to find.

The Ford factory offsets (and widths) leave the wheel 'sunken' in about an inch from the fenders, which is bad for looks, but good for protecting the fenders from rocks. The conservative ford 9" front wheel also gives plenty of inside clearance to the strut for things like snow chains, which most of us don't need and will never use.

Handling and steering feel changes marginally, and its such a small difference its not really worth commenting on.

On paper the wheel hubs might wear out sooner with lower offset numbers (due to more leverage on the hub from placing the wheel farther out), but in practice the front hub longevity isn't an actual problem on our cars, and ford uses similar offsets on it's sportier offerings with wider factory wheels.

There really aren't any downsides to a good square 10" ET35 or ET40 wheel setup, and the flexibility to run wider tires and the improved aesthetics of a properly flush 10" wheel set are pretty amazing.

OP
OP
pghgeorge

pghgeorge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
19 Bullitt 34 Ford
Offset is an odd number. Its how far from the center of the

The offset that you can or should run depend on the width of the tire/wheel being used (and if its front or rear).

For a square setup, a 10" wheel with a 285 or less tire can run an ET40 or ET35 and fit on both ends of the car. If you go wider, offsets that fit get more restrictive as there is less room to work with when fitting wider wheels under the fenders. The brembos aren't difficult to clear with any 19" barrel wheel designed for a Mustang unless you're trying to go for a JDM look and want a sunken wheel face. Make sure your chosen wheel is sold to fit on Mustangs and you should be fine. Some 18" wheels even fit over the brembos, but those are less common to find.

The Ford factory offsets (and widths) leave the wheel 'sunken' in about an inch from the fenders, which is bad for looks, but good for protecting the fenders from rocks. The conservative ford 9" front wheel also gives plenty of inside clearance to the strut for things like snow chains, which most of us don't need and will never use.

Handling and steering feel changes marginally, and its such a small difference its not really worth commenting on.

On paper the wheel hubs might wear out sooner with lower offset numbers (due to more leverage on the hub from placing the wheel farther out), but in practice the front hub longevity isn't an actual problem on our cars, and ford uses similar offsets on it's sportier offerings with wider factory wheels.

There really aren't any downsides to a good square 10" ET35 or ET40 wheel setup, and the flexibility to run wider tires and the improved aesthetics of a properly flush 10" wheel set are pretty amazing.
Thanks for all the Help !
Sponsored