Lunixor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Giovanni
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
This is an update to my previous thread:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/mustang-stuck-at-rail-yard-for-over-a-month.173074/

I ordered my 2022 Mustang GT last year, it was built on January 13th and got delivered to the local rail yard/holding lot on February 10th. Since then, it has been repeatedly delayed by Ford. Neither the dealership nor Ford had any answers as to why, citing only a "quality hold".

I attempted to escalate the situation to the regional Ford rep, I called Ford customer service many times, and even reached out to Ford on Twitter. No one could provide answers or an ETA for delivery. In the meantime, many other Mustang GTs were being built and delivered to customers while my order idle.

Two weeks ago, after exhausting all other options I decided to mail a written letter to the CEO of Ford Canada, Beverly Goodman. Earlier this week I had an Executive Liaison call me from the CEO's office apologizing about the situation. She said that they had now expedited my car for immediate delivery to the dealership and that the defective part would also be shipped for replacement.

2 days later the car is now finally at the dealership. It got flat towed and delivered on a transporter all by itself. Supposedly, there is a defective "valve oil seal" (or something similar) that needs to be replaced which was causing the hold up.

I wish Ford would have communicated this situation better over the last several months. It's a bit ridiculous that it had to get escalated to the CEO in order for the car to get delivered. In any case, I'm happy it's here and hopefully the part arrives within the next few days and I can finally drive it.

IMG_3350.jpg
IMG_1686.JPG
IMG_1687.JPG
Sponsored

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Beautiful car, congrats. Tell the dealer not to drill any bumper holes 😄

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Finally! Car got extra service all by itself! :like:
Nice color too. You fought for it!

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
that thing is purdy. that spoiler has really grown on me.

Sponsored

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Glad the wait is finally over, congrats on receiving a beautiful ride

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
What sucks is the paint went through months of abuse sitting out there along with the natural items in the engine and undercarriage. I would pass on it and order a new one.

OP
OP
Lunixor

Lunixor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Giovanni
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
What sucks is the paint went through months of abuse sitting out there along with the natural items in the engine and undercarriage. I would pass on it and order a new one.
The condition of the paint and the car appears to be fine. It’s going to be professionally detailed and ceramic coated so I’m not concerned. I’m not about to wait another 6+ months for a new car hahaha.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Save any correspondence you have from or with Beverly Goodman. That will be a nice piece of history years from now. Nice car btw.

Jay87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
The spoiler on these cars is what sold me...

Sponsored

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Sweet ride, love the color too! Congrats!

Tacticly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/mustang-stuck-at-rail-yard-for-over-a-month.173074/

I ordered my 2022 Mustang GT last year, it was built on January 13th and got delivered to the local rail yard/holding lot on February 10th. Since then, it has been repeatedly delayed by Ford. Neither the dealership nor Ford had any answers as to why, citing only a "quality hold".

I attempted to escalate the situation to the regional Ford rep, I called Ford customer service many times, and even reached out to Ford on Twitter. No one could provide answers or an ETA for delivery. In the meantime, many other Mustang GTs were being built and delivered to customers while my order idle.

Two weeks ago, after exhausting all other options I decided to mail a written letter to the CEO of Ford Canada, Beverly Goodman. Earlier this week I had an Executive Liaison call me from the CEO's office apologizing about the situation. She said that they had now expedited my car for immediate delivery to the dealership and that the defective part would also be shipped for replacement.

2 days later the car is now finally at the dealership. It got flat towed and delivered on a transporter all by itself. Supposedly, there is a defective "valve oil seal" (or something similar) that needs to be replaced which was causing the hold up.

I wish Ford would have communicated this situation better over the last several months. It's a bit ridiculous that it had to get escalated to the CEO in order for the car to get delivered. In any case, I'm happy it's here and hopefully the part arrives within the next few days and I can finally drive it.

IMG_3350.jpg
IMG_1686.JPG
IMG_1687.JPG
my mach one was ordered October 12 2021 completed production five weeks ago it still is not at the dealer when the dealer does get it I’m gonna make them wait a few weeks till I even consider picking it up and if they try to pull that BS with price protection with me I’m gonna call Ford Motor Company direct you know how bad it is for the paint on newly manufactured vehicle to sit for months at a time especially in a railyard with rail dust from metal flake are you kidding me

Tacticly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4

IMG_3350.jpg
IMG_1686.JPG
IMG_1687.JPG
Wow ford doesn’t even put plastic protection on the panels I like other manufacturers

Rob911

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 or 2022 Mustang
Wow... after messaging with you regarding our shared ordering woes... I saw your pics in this thread and realized that we have the same car.... color and pp1, lol
20220720_185718.jpg

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Why would the flat tow a Mustang? Rear wheels are supposed to be off the ground when towing these. I just yesterday heard of a car that sat over 3 months in a rail yard because the battery was dead. Glad they resolved the issue for you.
Sponsored