Sponsored

Affordable Track Day Helmet & Cheap Color Match Idea (LFG / Mag)

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
I bought a Racequip Pro15 helmet in "steel" a while back as a spare for when I have passengers at track days and thought I'd share some comments and pics.

This color is really close to LFG and, even though not metallic, complements my Magnetic car really well. I had some matte black vinyl laying around, as well as some red 1/8" pinstripe tape. Those things, combined with a snowy Midwestern evening, and the end result is a nicely personalized helmet.

The Pro15 is chock full of features, has a Snell 2015 rating, and is really a nice helmet (not withstanding the price of just over two hundred bucks). Sizing runs a bit big, as I'm able to wear this in a medium (although it's a bit more snug than I would prefer) even though I usually wear a large (or equivalent numeric size).

The logo on the forehead area is under the clearcoat, so I added a "GT350 Track Attack" sticker from the Utah school to cover what was still visible from under the stripes. The matte black stripes are 1" wide and the gap is around 3/8" or so.

This is just a file photo of what it looked like to begin....

Before_zpsp6az1mnj.jpg

And here it is with the stripes and decal - only thing I'd do differently if doing it over again would be to put the two 1" stripes a bit closer together.....

20181125_191124_zps5wtlylkj.jpg
Sponsored

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
Great job customizing.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
Looks really nice. Good job!

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Damn! Looks amazing!

Do you have 4/5/6 pt. for your passengers? Or are you still using the OEM belts? I ended up picking a second Hans device for passengers since I was a bit worried about guests riding without in the 6 pt harness.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
You should offer to make a bunch for the Track Attack gift shop haha.