AFD ProFlex E85 Commander Journey w/ GT350

rag11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
no point speculating until you check in the codes. Mine threw a lean code on bank 2 with the unit plugged in, it eventually threw lean on bank 1 as well after unplugging the unit. Seems like it's adding some fuel on bank 1 and none on bank 2
Coded P0174 Lean on bank 2......same as you right?
Sponsored

FLATPLANE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pkg. 18 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 16 Lexus IS350 FSport
Vehicle Showcase
Please keep me posted guys I just bought the kit last week for my car. It arrived today Hoping its not a bad batch. Waiting to install it til I hear it works.

rag11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Please keep me posted guys I just bought the kit last week for my car. It arrived today Hoping its not a bad batch. Waiting to install it til I hear it works.
AFD is sending me a new one as well. Likely a small bad batch. Even if you filled up with e85 once without any proflex installed, itd be unlikely you would cause any long term damage from doing it once. You wont know if yours is working or not til you try is all.

Sponsored

FLATPLANE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pkg. 18 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 16 Lexus IS350 FSport
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, but if you guys get the new box installed and it does not solve this issue, then what? Not sure if I should even waste my time. I'll send it back and use the 800 for more track time:clap:

rag11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Yes, but if you guys get the new box installed and it does not solve this issue, then what? Not sure if I should even waste my time. I'll send it back and use the 800 for more track time:clap:
Ah okay i see what you're saying.

rag11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Talked to AFD today. They attribute the issues to a limited manufacturing process defect that likely overheated the chip on a batch of GT350 commanders. They already QA'd the process, made changes and will be sending another out. Sounds like the replacement version has worked for other customers and they seem very willing to make sure we get taken care of. I'll add to the other member's posts and let you all know after it arrives and I've driven around a couple days on a new commander with a full tank of e85.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Talked to AFD today. They attribute the issues to a limited manufacturing process defect that likely overheated the chip on a batch of GT350 commanders. They already QA'd the process, made changes and will be sending another out. Sounds like the replacement version has worked for other customers and they seem very willing to make sure we get taken care of. I'll add to the other member's posts and let you all know after it arrives and I've driven around a couple days on a new commander with a full tank of e85.
Y'know, for the sake of a little risk management, you might want to run a 1/2 tank of E85 first and see where the fuel trims go. If they stay "normal" around 1.0, then all is well and you can go to a full E85 tank and forget these teething problems ever happened...

OP
OP

mmakam2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
STILL WAITING on my replacement. I asked USPS to redeliver today because i missed it yesterday (sig confirmation), but of course they never came. Left my signed ticket and everything.

I got E38 in the tank, gonna try the unit with that first, check the trims.

Sponsored
OP
OP

mmakam2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Eh, this is on USPS not really AFD, though it is annoying not to get a tracking number.

OP
OP

mmakam2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
wooo! Just picked up my brain from the post office. My car is off getting ceramic coating so I get it back at 5pm. I should have an update tonight on how it goes with the new unit.

OP
OP

mmakam2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
so far so good guys, E50 in the tank, trims are about +7% but they are still settling down as the car is learning. Only put a mile on it.

Will keep yall posted on how it runs tonight, going to do some hits and top it off ethanol.

No backfiring btw.

OP
OP

mmakam2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
not sure guys trims are 30%+ under load and the bank variance is back.

Has not thrown a code yet though.
Sponsored