Sponsored

Advice on new suspension

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Hey everyone, it has been a while since I needed some advice on the Mustang, it has been running great and haven't needed a major mod in a while so I haven't been here in some time. But I need some advice on shocks and struts. My 2015 GT is lowered 1.2" Front/.5" Rear on BMR performance springs and it has been for like 6 years now on stock performance pack shocks and struts so I think it’s time for new ones but am not sure what to get.

I want a comfy ride that’s still sporty since it IS a sports car, but not racy because my "rattle your spine for performance" days are over I think. My city has a lot of bumps and pot holes so I’m trying for more on the comfy side if it exists, but the car still may see some track days occasionally so it can't be super soft. Also don’t want adjustability, needs to be set and forget. What would you recommend, does anything fit the bill I am asking for?

I would like to keep the springs I have because the rear ones were kind of a pain to get in, but I am willing to change if it gives a better ride. I want to keep the same level of drop though.

I saw these today which peaked my interest https://www.steeda.com/steeda-555-8423-s550-front-rear-shocks-struts
Sponsored

Last edited:

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Talk to a knowledgeable Steeda rep. Those shocks are a good start. Be sure they know the car is lowered.

CVCashmere

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I would like to keep the springs I have because the rear ones were kind of a pain to get in
The rear springs are insanely easy compared to the front springs. I think you only have to take out like 3 bolts. If you need help I can try and find the tutorial I used. There is an easy way, and the hard (ford) way of taking apart the whole rear suspension. I did an even easier way than the online tutorials and the rears took me no time at all.
Sponsored