Spang550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Performance Package
Hey everyone,

I don’t think this question fits anywhere other than general. My apologies if this should be elsewhere.

I currently own a semi problematic Mustang GT PP1 10 Speed. It pushed me over the edge to deciding I wanted to get a Mach 1 Premium 10 Speed in the hopes it’s a better example. It’ll also just be a better car by every metric especially in terms of dynamics and sharpness (drove one in the past). However, the issue I have is these things aren’t common and I have specific features. I also don’t want white or black (and even though I’d take it fighter jet gray is my least favorite of the colors I’d take). For some reason those are the three most common colors. Also I’d rather have the regular premium seats ans opposed to recaros (not a deal breaker if the car has other great aspects) Also going to be somewhat picky on vehicle history and bugs I notice in a test drive. Other than looking on the usual websites do you guys have any tips for someone like me who is seeking a not super common car with specific features? Thanks!
Sponsored

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
It is a waiting game. Not many for sale. Even less when you are specific about the transmission you are wanting.

You and I have a lot of similarities in our search.

I’m looking for:

-Mach 1 with Handling Pack
-Will consider any color but not Black
-Manual Trans
-Leather Interior, can be Recaros or the Regular Seats
-1 owner, Ideally a 2023 so I have maximum amount of warranty remaining
-Low Miles , 15k or less
-Clean History with No Damage or signs of Problematic/ Recurring Service Issues.

I also want to see the car in person, I don’t rely on photos to assess condition, so need to keep it within CA.

Key is…don’t rush and keep your eyes open on the Forum, Facebook marketplace, AutoTrader, Cargurus.

Good luck in your search.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Go to cargurus.com, open the filter up to “nationwide” and then do the filter for the Mach 1. There’s tons of nice M1’s out there….

Don’t limit yourself to just your area when searching, you’d be surprised at prices across the country - and in some instances you can find a decent car and have it shipped sometimes less than finding one local…

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
It is a waiting game. Not many for sale. Even less when you are specific about the transmission you are wanting.

I’m looking for:

-Manual Trans
-1 owner
, Ideally a 2023 so I have maximum amount of warranty remaining
-Low Miles , 15k or less
-Clean History with No Damage or signs of Problematic/ Recurring Service Issues.

I also want to see the car in person, I don’t rely on photos to assess condition, so need to keep it within CA.

Key is…don’t rush and keep your eyes open on the Forum, Facebook marketplace, AutoTrader, Cargurus.

OP
OP
Spang550

Spang550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)

I’m looking for:

-Manual Trans
-1 owner, Ideally a 2023 so I have maximum amount of warranty remaining
-Low Miles , 15k or less

Yeah that’s what I am seeing too. I do need to check the forum as well. We are similar save transmission and handling pack. If it’s cheap enough I’d go for it but the price of rubber on that car is gonna be nuts for a daily for me. XD So long as it’s a good example and I can secure some form of warranty I have a slight preference for the 21. Not that it’s noticeable but I’d rather have that extra 10 hp out of the box in principle. Best of luck on your search. If I see anything matching your specs I’ll DM you!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Spang550

Spang550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
Go to cargurus.com, open the filter up to “nationwide” and then do the filter for the Mach 1. There’s tons of nice M1’s out there….

Don’t limit yourself to just your area when searching, you’d be surprised at prices across the country - and in some instances you can find a decent car and have it shipped sometimes less than finding one local…
I’ll try it but I am a little hesitant to do that. Part of the reason I am upgrading is that my car (which I effectively bought new and have kept on maintenance with and treated well) has some “lemon zest” but not full lemon about it. I need to drive a car to know I want it before I buy. I want to know if it clunks into gear (like my car) or if it hums at 3500 rpm (like my car) or has the tick (not a deal breaker since it’s essentially a non issue, but all things being equal I’d rather not) etc. If I can get a thorough PPi or there’s a robust return policy then maybe.

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
Over here you can still get many brand new Mach1 and S550 GT from the dealers.
But regarding S650 we are at least 6 month behind, so maybe this is why?

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
For some perspective , i don’t ever see a time when I would ever want to part with my VB M1. I have never seen another for sale anywhere.

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
I am also not 100% firm on the handling pack - would be nice to have, but not a deal breaker if the car is a good example and the right price.

A few weeks ago my local dealer Rancho Santa Margarita Ford had a used 2023 Mach Handling Pack car in Mischevious Purple with 2 owners and only 780 miles on the odometer. It was everything I wanted -Manual trans, Leather Recaros….. But alas it had a ‘Minor Damage’ on the carfax and I just couldn’t bring myself to look past that. The car was on the lot at $55k. I didn’t play the numbers game with the dealer to see if they would cut me a deal on it, but I know from previous dealings with them that they are not willing to come down much.

I was a little disappointed the Mischievous Purple was very close to black unless under direct sunlight, so it definitely wasn’t my favorite color, but I liked the uniqueness so was willing to consider it.

That being said, the paperwork on the car matters to me, so I walked. I did go into the dealer and have a good look around the car, but didn’t go for a test drive. That is my only regret, as I haven’t driven one before and it would have been a good opportunity to do so.

Oh well…there’s always the next one :-)

Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Try looking nationwide, there are a few new ones still out there. I found mine in Corpus Christie TX and I'm in Cleveland but it was exactly what I wanted. I got lucky and the dealer in TX that had it was an autonation dealer and so is my local ford dealer so no dealer trade was needed, they just let me have it. That was June of last year, but they are still out there.

BTW, if you liked grabber blue, then I have the exact car you're looking for

2023 Mach 1 premium A10, regular heated/cooled leather seats, optional PP2 style wheels and red calipers.

20230610_170633.jpg

And no, it's not for sale and is technically illegal in cali now as I added long tube headers.

OP
OP
Spang550

Spang550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
Been a while since I've used the forum. Let me try to post a pic of the car I viewed in Mischievous Purple:

430143934_426906143194203_486655881600078754_n.jpg
429639807_872287241337917_8620067560555203930_n.jpg
That is a nice spec. Too bad it was damaged.

OP
OP
Spang550

Spang550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
Try looking nationwide, there are a few new ones still out there. I found mine in Corpus Christie TX and I'm in Cleveland but it was exactly what I wanted. I got lucky and the dealer in TX that had it was an autonation dealer and so is my local ford dealer so no dealer trade was needed, they just let me have it. That was June of last year, but they are still out there.

BTW, if you liked grabber blue, then I have the exact car you're looking for

2023 Mach 1 premium A10, regular heated/cooled leather seats, optional PP2 style wheels and red calipers.

20230610_170633.jpg

And no, it's not for sale and is technically illegal in cali now as I added long tube headers.
While I’ll need to be able to do PPIs before I ship something I suppose I am becoming more open to nation wide.

I do like grabber! I hope you enjoy living my dream! ;)

ihasnostang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Saturn ion, 2019 201A, EB PP1, Ruby Red
carwash?

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
I'm in zero rush. The sports market is cold as ice right now, and dealerships are feeling the pinch. The days of asking new car money for used cars is over, and things will only continue to get better as the year progresses.
Sponsored