Rukkus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gym premium
Hey all

Looking for some advice - recently had my 15 gt tuned on the dyno .
Rough stage 1
Bbk catless headers
mt-82
Stock clutch
40,000 km (Canada eh)

Torque numbers seems low . It’s my daily so I didn’t want to push it but I am putting down n/a torque numbers. Car drives great and hauls higher in the rpm range but I wanted someone with experience to take a look . Thoughts
1CEC0FF9-51C0-48FB-B30D-645E3576D037.png
Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Which gear was it run in?

Edit: according to the graph top MPH was only 104 which makes it look like 3rd gear which will definitely affect torque numbers.

OP
OP

Rukkus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gym premium
Which gear was it run in?

Edit: according to the graph top MPH was only 104 which makes it look like 3rd gear which will definitely affect torque numbers.
It was 4th . 3rd was spinning .

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
It was 4th . 3rd was spinning .
Still too low. 5th is 1:1 in the 2nd Gen MT82.

EDIT: Just another observation. 8000 RPM...you sure you want to be running it that high? Have you changed OPG's and crank sprocket gears?

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Def looks like a fourth gear pull rather than a fifth. This would explain the low torque number. The RPM he took it to clearly indicates that you have an aftermarket tune on the car and not running the Roush tune correct? That said and not knowing tuner it is possible that they have a speed limit on the fifth gear pull since most cars making passes on the MT-82 in 1-4. I never found myself reaching for fifth or know anyone needing to reach for fifth on the MT82 in spite of the shorter gearing overall compared to Tremecs.

I foolishly ran a full out roush package on a 13 and their tune limited the speed in fifth. At a dyno day I had the guy make a fifth pull until he hit the speed limiter and then make a 4th gear pull through to rev limit. The torque reading was substantially lower. So your numbers aren't that far off IMHO and personal experience.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Rukkus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gym premium
Still too low. 5th is 1:1 in the 2nd Gen MT82.

EDIT: Just another observation. 8000 RPM...you sure you want to be running it that high? Have you changed OPG's and crank sprocket gears?
I was letting off @ 7500- the momentum of the dyno rolls it up. At least that's what the tuner sitting next to me said. I was watching for the redline (mine has the warning lights on the dash) and I would clutch in as soon as I saw it.

Funny you say that though because I had followed up with tuner regarding this myself- i had asked if he altered the redline at all. He claims he didn't.

OPG and sprocket gears are OEM

OP
OP

Rukkus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gym premium
Def looks like a fourth gear pull rather than a fifth. This would explain the low torque number. The RPM he took it to clearly indicates that you have an aftermarket tune on the car and not running the Roush tune correct? That said and not knowing tuner it is possible that they have a speed limit on the fifth gear pull since most cars making passes on the MT-82 in 1-4. I never found myself reaching for fifth or know anyone needing to reach for fifth on the MT82 in spite of the shorter gearing overall compared to Tremecs.

I foolishly ran a full out roush package on a 13 and their tune limited the speed in fifth. At a dyno day I had the guy make a fifth pull until he hit the speed limiter and then make a 4th gear pull through to rev limit. The torque reading was substantially lower. So your numbers aren't that far off IMHO and personal experience.

Good to know. I can only compare other dyno charts i've seen, and they all seem to have better torque numbers. The car itself it very smooth and pulls harder and harder until I let off - I posted the dyno chart hoping someone would have similar numbers with the same set up. I am not disappointed in the car at all. Just curious !

ChromaticGrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
I'd be curious in the 5th gear numbers.

Ronin5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTP Stage 1
My 16 w/ Stage 1 ran 488T/ 520hp. I'm at 5280ft however. I can get the spec sheet out but yours does seem low. Mine was on a "Mustang" dyno as well which I thought was a neat coincidence.
Sponsored