Sponsored

Advanced trac fault??

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
So I’m not sure if there’s something wrong with my car, or if Ford has programmed this as some kind of safety feature....
With advanced trac disabled (holding the button for 5-10 seconds) everything seems fine until I blow a donut. The car will go around once, then lose all power going to idle. Message on the screen shows “advanced trac fault” (or something similar) and defaults from my mode to normal. Traction and advanced track warning lights turn on for about a minute or 2, then I can switch it back off.
Anyone else experienced this? If it’s “normal” I don’t like it.
Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
So I’m not sure if there’s something wrong with my car, or if Ford has programmed this as some kind of safety feature....
With advanced trac disabled (holding the button for 5-10 seconds) everything seems fine until I blow a donut. The car will go around once, then lose all power going to idle. Message on the screen shows “advanced trac fault” (or something similar) and defaults from my mode to normal. Traction and advanced track warning lights turn on for about a minute or 2, then I can switch it back off.
Anyone else experienced this? If it’s “normal” I don’t like it.
Lots of people did, especially autocrossers. I don't think anyone has a clear idea of what exactly causes it, but if you want to avoid it, pull the plug under the hood.

OP
OP
The Rooster

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
thanks.
I wonder if the Steeda tune does anything about this glitch....?

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
thanks.
I wonder if the Steeda tune does anything about this glitch....?
Pretty sure it does not. And it most likely isn't a bug but a feature...

If you can't find a plug - let me know and I will take a pic - there is one in one of the threads here but my quick search did not find it.

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Even turning the advancetrac off with the switches, it isn't fully off. Only way to completely disable is to pull the plug.

thasuperdude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, auto-xing I had this happen. The car doesn't like/understand when all 4 wheels are sliding. It freaks out and kills your slide. You can reset it by turning the car off and back on.

The internet broke the Mustang with all the haters and their video evidence of reckless carnage. Ford's now making sure we stay inline...

OP
OP
The Rooster

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
So if I find this plug and unplug it I guess im going to have to live with a warning light on the dash...
It would be nice if there was something available thru the aftermarket that would allow for a switch to remotely disable this wonderful feature. should be pretty easy to accomplish.

BTW note to ford: This is actually the opposite of a safety feature since losing all power while in a slide will likely cause a complete loss of control.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
So if I find this plug and unplug it I guess im going to have to live with a warning light on the dash...
It would be nice if there was something available thru the aftermarket that would allow for a switch to remotely disable this wonderful feature. should be pretty easy to accomplish.

BTW note to ford: This is actually the opposite of a safety feature since losing all power while in a slide will likely cause a complete loss of control.
You're not losing all power - Advancetrac and traction control comes back on and intervenes.

With all the respect - if you're slide that often while on public roads, you may want to rethink your driving.

OP
OP
The Rooster

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
no need to get in a fuss about my driving habits.... cmon.. its close to 500hp begging to be unleashed, sometimes the horses need to run. I dont go drifting in school zones or on highway ramps... nor do I do it all the time. But... if I want to do a damn donut or hang it out sideways, and I go through the effort of holding the button long enough to disarm the nanny, the nanny should stay disarmed.
Sponsored