Sponsored

Bullitt fuel guage fault

V2bng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
Antibody have a faulty fuel guage? My Bullitt goes up and down mostly down in a space of a free minutes. Booked in for a garage check.
Sponsored

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
Have them to check the tank breather (or whenever you call it in english) tube, it can affect the refueling (the pump will stop believing the tank is full) and eventually the fuel sensor.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I suspect you might have an issue with the transfer pump. Our cars have 'saddle' tanks, so the fuel from the right side (I believe) has to be transferred to the left, and I've seen many of those transfer pump failures lately, leaving owners stranded with no fuel, with similar gauge issues as yours. Make sure to reset one of your trip-meters after each refuel, so you don't rely solely on the gas gauge. I've been running my tank below half since I bought the car, and it's still working fine, so I assume my transfer pump must be good. Several of those folks who reported a failure always refueled with about half tank, so maybe that had something to do with that (never worked). Who knows. At any rate, good luck, and let us know what it was.

OP
OP
V2bng

V2bng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
Got back from dealership yesterday, they're ordering a new sender unit from the states and will fit that in, apparently two other gt's have had similar issues at this garage.

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I think our cars have TWO of those, right? But it's a better problem than the transfer pump, since at least you'd be able to use all the fuel in the tank. Hopefully fixable from the top of the rear seat, so tank doesn't have to come down, which I think requires removal of sub-frame, suspension, and differential, but not sure about that. Good luck, and keep us posted.

OP
OP
V2bng

V2bng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
Will do, gotta drive it in with a low fuel level to have job done, that's gonna be fun.

OP
OP
V2bng

V2bng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
New sender fitted, problem still exists, so the ford USA guys have advised a new instrument cluster, that's coming from Germany in a few days. Mmm...

OP
OP
V2bng

V2bng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
Finally fixed after New digital instrument cluster fitted.
Sponsored