Adjusting camber in the rear?

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Is the circled (red) bolt the correct bolt to adjust the camber in the rear? To make a long story short, I was in a fender bender and the upper control arm got broken on the rear passenger side (hydroplaned into a curb trying to miss another car and the force of impact broke it). Once they replaced the components, my camber is almost at 0° while the passenger side is around -1° (or at least that's what I seem to remember it being at). The driver's side looks like it has the standard camber from factory while the passenger side appears to need to be adjusted and the difference is very discernible.

Now, here's why I'm asking my question. I don't want to fiddle with it myself, but I've tried having it aligned at two different dealerships and they tell me that there isn't a factory adjustment point for the camber on the rear and that "it's set from the factory". I know that's not the case, but I'm trying to find a competent shop to do a proper alignment and want to point out that it can indeed be adjusted. I've been told on Facebook that you could loosen a bolt and adjust it, but I want to clarify that I'm looking at the correct bolt/location.

Your input and/or help is appreciated!
chamber.jpg
Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Your camber link adjust camber. It's the cast iron link that's on top. And yes you do have "some camber adjustment ". They alignment guys are wrong. The lower arm you have in red is for toe.

OP
OP
Juben

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Your camber link adjust camber. It's the cast iron link that's on top. And yes you do have "some camber adjustment ". They alignment guys are wrong. The lower arm you have in red is for toe.
Does the cast iron link on top have a "notched" slider or something similar? I faintly remember someone speaking of notches when adjusting the camber, but again, couldn't remember what or where they were talking about.

Just to clarify, is this the correct bolt (circled in green)?
Screenshot_2016-10-09-02-14-38~2.jpg

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Yes the green circle is the correct bolt. You have a good amount of camber adjustment on the rear with factory components.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Does the cast iron link on top have a "notched" slider or something similar? I faintly remember someone speaking of notches when adjusting the camber, but again, couldn't remember what or where they were talking about.

Just to clarify, is this the correct bolt (circled in green)?
Yes. The cradle has a slot at that bolt that once you loosen it the camber can be adjusted.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Juben

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Awesome! Thanks for the help, guys!

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
How hard is it to adjust to a measured point? The way my mechanic explained it is it's a crap shoot. You have to just guess how far to move it, put "it" back together and measure. If it isn't right, you have to do it all again. It sounded like whatever he had to do wasn't quick or easy.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
How hard is it to adjust to a measured point? The way my mechanic explained it is it's a crap shoot. You have to just guess how far to move it, put "it" back together and measure. If it isn't right, you have to do it all again. It sounded like whatever he had to do wasn't quick or easy.
Once you loosen the camber link bolt, you can adjust the camber. You do not have to take the bolt out. Loosen it Just enough to make your adjustments. It's not that big of a deal as he's making it. Granted it doesn't have a eccentric bolt like the toe link but it's still not hard.

Sponsored

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I have found that 95% of shops I have asked to adjust rear camber have told me that there is no adjustment.

HappySquirrel

W85 Whale Oil Tune
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB PP CO, 97 Pathfinder 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
I have found that 95% of shops I have asked to adjust rear camber have told me that there is no adjustment.
And even if you explain it to them, they probably won't make any adjustments unless it's out of spec and/or lopsided. I took mine to an alignment shop I trust after doing springs and told them about the rear camber adjustment, but they didn't adjust it because both wheels were symmetric and in spec (-2.0° each). Maybe I should have slipped them an extra $20 bill and asked them to pull them in a bit farther regardless.

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
And even if you explain it to them, they probably won't make any adjustments unless it's out of spec and/or lopsided. I took mine to an alignment shop I trust after doing springs and told them about the rear camber adjustment, but they didn't adjust it because both wheels were symmetric and in spec (-2.0° each). Maybe I should have slipped them an extra $20 bill and asked them to pull them in a bit farther regardless.
If you can sneak into th service area, Cash get's a lot done :)

qtrracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium PP Recaros; 86 GT 'Vert Pro-touring
The experience I had on my 01 Cobra was the so-called 4-wheel alignment was a joke. The car was lowered 1.5" and not once was there evidence they did adjustments to the rear. Frankly, most aren't all that great on the front beyond spec adjustment. At $60 - $90 each is why I bought the strings and CC gauge. Turns out it is really easy once you've gone through the process. And if you mark "street" and "track" on the adjusters, a quick change can occur (toe is affected by camber - so you can get a bit of toe-out with more aggressive camber without measuring each time).
Sponsored