Sponsored

Adjustable Sway Bar Settings

Kramerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Hi All,

I'm looking to get some feedback from those of you who are tracking your cars and have installed aftermarket adjustable sway bars. I just ordered a set of springs, sway bars and end links from BMR and I'm wondering what setting for the sway bars most of you are running. Have you found a particular combination front/back you prefer? I appreciate the feedback.
Sponsored

Tractor Junk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R, 16 GT350 FPRS #3, 2014 Boss 302S
I use the Ford Racing sway bars with BMR linear rate springs. Front is full soft (which is still firmer than stock) and rear is medium. The car is very neutral in medium/ high speed turns, and snappy with a rear bias in medium/ low speed turns.

Make sure to be very picky about having zero preload in the bars.

OP
OP
Kramerica

Kramerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I use the Ford Racing sway bars with BMR linear rate springs. Front is full soft (which is still firmer than stock) and rear is medium. The car is very neutral in medium/ high speed turns, and snappy with a rear bias in medium/ low speed turns.

Make sure to be very picky about having zero preload in the bars.
Perfect, this is just the kind of input I was looking for. From what I could piece together from other posts/forums most run soft up front. I've seen quite a variance for the rear - soft to hard. You're the first to detail the driving characteristics based on where you have it set - which obviously is helpful.

So, I figure I'll start out using a similar set up like you mentioned and adjust if necessary based on what I'm feeling.

Any tips on installing these without preload? I haven't decided if I'm going to install all of this myself or not. The rear springs seem like they're going to be a PITA.
Sponsored