Sponsored

Adding quad tips to the Stock premium Valance.

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
Thanks! I'll be purchasing a different rear valance for to fit the quad tips cause I like the diffuser fins and don't have any on my base model. MY hard part will be cutting the rear bumper to fit the new rear valance ala this guy

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74060&page=2

Btw what rear valance is that you have?
Sponsored

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
Actually, does anyone even know if these DIY quad tips line up with a quad tip bumper?

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
Anyone know if this would work with roush axle back exhaust?
Keep in mind the Roush quads do not exit in the same location as the tips the OP used. The outer tips of the Roush exhaust line up with the single opening of the stock valance. Therefore, you'd have to cut the opening further toward the inside. That's one reason I went with the Roush valance specifically for the quads. I'm not saying it can't be done, but just an fyi for everyone.

Nice job OP!

Texas Mike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Guard Metallic 50th Ann AP
Keep in mind the Roush quads do not exit in the same location as the tips the OP used. The outer tips of the Roush exhaust line up with the single opening of the stock valance. Therefore, you'd have to cut the opening further toward the inside. That's one reason I went with the Roush valance specifically for the quads. I'm not saying it can't be done, but just an fyi for everyone.

Nice job OP!
This is true! I now have to make the decision of either buying the roush valance, cutting mine or selling my roush quad exhaust and get something else. I wouldn't be able to trouble you for the measurement of the roush valance cut out would I? For those looking to the do the same - here is a pic of how the line up to a traditional axle back. (FR by Borla Touring)
IMG_2365.jpg
IMG_2366.jpg

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
This is true! I now have to make the decision of either buying the roush valance, cutting mine or selling my roush quad exhaust and get something else. I wouldn't be able to trouble you for the measurement of the roush valance cut out would I? For those looking to the do the same - here is a pic of how the line up to a traditional axle back. (FR by Borla Touring)
IMG_2365.jpg
IMG_2366.jpg
My car is currently in storage. I'll try to remember to take a measurement the next time I go by to crank her up. Probably middle of the week.

Sponsored

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Going forward, somebody should mock up a good template and share it with the rest of us! I'd do it, but I'm scare of messing it up, haha.

Texas Mike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Guard Metallic 50th Ann AP
My car is currently in storage. I'll try to remember to take a measurement the next time I go by to crank her up. Probably middle of the week.
Thank you kindly - nice ride btw!

Going forward, somebody should mock up a good template and share it with the rest of us! I'd do it, but I'm scare of messing it up, haha.
LOL right?

Here is my quick photoshop of what it could look like assuming you keep the tips and placement as they come
mustang quad.png

Nightblue3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium PP
Any recommendation on tips for MBRP race ecoboost fitting tips? pref black

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk