Sponsored

Adding more MyColor LED's

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Has anyone tapped in to the MyColor circuit to add more lights to the interior whilst still keeping MyColor functionality?
In particular i want to add a small LED in the overhead console to add a very subtle light to the centre console / dash area, but want it to change colour with the rest of the lighting.
I was think about buying an LED from the footwell, with the harness and then somehow splicing it in to the lighting harness somehow.

Just wondering if anyone has done anything similar?
Sponsored

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium
Hmmm, I was wondering the same thing the other day, except I was thinking of getting 4 of the footwell led's and adding them underneath the front and rear edges of the front seats (basically lighting up closer to the front seat and in the dark area between the front and rear seats)

OP
OP
DB83

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
ooooh..i like the rear footwell idea too!

hro0250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Ecoboost Premium
I've added 2 additional footwell lights under the seats to illuminate the back seat foot well and they work perfectly with the rest of the mycolor lights. I tapped into the wires for the cup holder lights and ran them down under the seats. Worked perfectly for over a year now.

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1, A10, Mag, B&O, A/E, S&S
Anyone have a source for a compatible multi-color LED?

Sponsored

OP
OP
DB83

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I've added 2 additional footwell lights under the seats to illuminate the back seat foot well and they work perfectly with the rest of the mycolor lights. I tapped into the wires for the cup holder lights and ran them down under the seats. Worked perfectly for over a year now.
Awesome, which harness number did you end up ordering for the new LED's?

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
Sorry, Did not mean to hijack this tread. I am trying to add my color to my base mustang. I really want the cupholders but the foot well lights would be plus.
There was a post of this in the diy section with pictures but the pictures are no longer hosted. I know I need this CL8Z-13E700-AA but does anyone have any idea how this needs to be wired and what I need to tap into?
Thanks

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
Last time I took a look at it, I believe it was just 3 PWM +12v for the RGB components and a common negative feeding the footwell lights. You should be able to just use an RGB LED with a common negative and apply load resistors. Do your own testing of course as I may be wrong.

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
Last time I took a look at it, I believe it was just 3 PWM +12v for the RGB components and a common negative feeding the footwell lights. You should be able to just use an RGB LED with a common negative and apply load resistors. Do your own testing of course as I may be wrong.
Hi, I just got the part purchased. I am on the lookout for the lighted cup holders next. Do you happen to have a wiring diagram for this so that I can attempt this in the spring once the weather is warmer?
thanks

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
Hi, I just got the part purchased. I am on the lookout for the lighted cup holders next. Do you happen to have a wiring diagram for this so that I can attempt this in the spring once the weather is warmer?
thanks
Don't have any wiring diagrams, I was just testing with my meter to figure out how to tap in additional LEDs.

Sponsored

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
I have just added the footwell LEDs to illuminate the storage compartment in the door cards
That looks cool! Do you have the Ford part number for the OEM footwell lights?

-Armoured-

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolfgang
Vehicle(s)
Mazda RX7
Where did you folks order these from? I cant find any in my location (Australia) on ebay and my dealer says he can't get them in :(
Sponsored