Adding driving lights - The concept

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey '23 GT Mustang , 1976 SS Torana
I seriously dont think new cars need driving lights , my Calais has factory HID lights and they are blinding from driving past large road signs just from the reflection . I wouldn't bother
Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Hi David, I did not go ahead with the idea of the driving lights. instead I upgraded the headlight globes to 35w, as I don't do much long distance driving these days.
this is something i need to do for next winter as the stocker RHD / EU 25w units are terrible. Did you convert to a D1S or D3S? I've seen a Aus based eBay seller with Ballast units for the 35w D1s, i'd buy bulbs here so i know what I'm getting.

OP
OP
MaxQ

MaxQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White 5.0 GT
this is something i need to do for next winter as the stocker RHD / EU 25w units are terrible. Did you convert to a D1S or D3S? I've seen a Aus based eBay seller with Ballast units for the 35w D1s, i'd buy bulbs here so i know what I'm getting.
I got the D3S with the ballast and cable from a auto electrician local shop the guy modifies the base of the light to fit in the our light housing. (involves notching out a slot in the flange)
I removed the front bumper to take out the light assembly to install the DS3,s and ballast.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
I got the D3S with the ballast and cable from a auto electrician local shop the guy modifies the base of the light to fit in the our light housing. (involves notching out a slot in the flange)
I removed the front bumper to take out the light assembly to install the DS3,s and ballast.
many thanks for the info, I'd seen the modification requirement for the bulbs and some bulbs easier to mod than others due to plastic v metal bases. I never actually thought of going to an auto electrician.. dunno why but makes perfect sense. Cheers
Sponsored