Sponsored

Interior lights

EvilPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang
Hi guys, I bought some Diode Dynamics interior lights from CJs and tried to install it on my own cause it look pretty easy. It was working fine till I install the last one in which is the trunk light then I can't turn anything on after that, tried to put all the original globes back in but still doesn't work. Sent my car to dealership they told me one of the special fuse blown off. Anyone know why?? Is it because of different voltage or any other reasons? Some one told me I should disconnect the battery before do the job, but all the videos out there doesn't mention about it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

FMGTV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
use to own - "2017 Mustang GT V8 Ruby Red Manual"
Yeh...pretty easy to blow fuse when fitting trunk or interior globes...always either remove fuse or disconnect battery before replacing those globes ...I am an Auto Electrician...(so I know what I'm talking about)

OP
OP
EvilPony

EvilPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang
Cheers bud. Cos no one mention about it so I didn't know. Now I know what to do lol

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hi guys, I bought some Diode Dynamics interior lights from CJs and tried to install it on my own cause it look pretty easy. It was working fine till I install the last one in which is the trunk light then I can't turn anything on after that, tried to put all the original globes back in but still doesn't work. Sent my car to dealership they told me one of the special fuse blown off. Anyone know why?? Is it because of different voltage or any other reasons? Some one told me I should disconnect the battery before do the job, but all the videos out there doesn't mention about it.
Yeah i guess a bit late now but I disconnected my battery. I don't think its the voltage or anything it just when the circuit is live and u push in a new bulb it probably flickers a bit and the fuse doesn't like it

FMGTV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
use to own - "2017 Mustang GT V8 Ruby Red Manual"
Nah...not really....what it is that there is very little clearance b'tween the contact surfaces in the small interior and trunk lights and it is very easy to short them out (when fitting globes) and blow the fuse....(speaking from yrs of experience) :lol::lol:

Sponsored

MaxQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White 5.0 GT
you are not the first to blow fuses changing globes.

I brought a selection of micro2 fuses from these guys when I install my dashcam.

http://www.swe-check.com.au/pages/product_list_product/1/4/248/990

Cheers

OaG_sGm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 6-speed Manual AUS
I bought the $320 set from Mustang motorsports. Replaced every single non LED bulb in the 16 GT (except for the rear fog light, it was not included in the package).

Took me half a day to do it for the first time.

krishv88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MK
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I too blew my fuse twice while installing the interior lights. What you would have done is, with the battery still connected, you might have installed the lights into the socket by applying more pressure than required. This would have shorted and blown the fuse.

To fix the issue, I bought some micro fuse from eBay and replaced the blown fuse. You can find the fuse box located on the right-hand side of the accelerator pedal. In the box, the blown one will be the fuse numbered as "1". Simply replace it with the new fuse and the problem will be solved. Before installing the new fuse, install all the lights you want to so that you can prevent the new fuse from blowing.
Sponsored