Sponsored

Add mine to the list *Twice*

ElCid08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
So. I’m on my 2nd 2018 GT. Put 11’000 miles on the first one. Oxford White, 400A, 3.55 gears, 10R80. The trans had severe issues with lurching. One day it decided to completely go out. Dealer ended up replacing the valve body. Was in the shop for just shy of 2 weeks. Something still didn’t feel right with the car and I ended up having my dealer find me a 401A car out of NC and I traded mine for it. Got a better financing rate, and a more highly optioned car. Still went with Oxford White, 3.55’s, but 401A. 4000 miles in and it throws a CEL and gets misfires on all cylinders. It’s now been with the dealer for exactly 30 days. Dealer has NO idea what’s happening. They have called in a ‘field engineer’ from Ford. I already have a case number from Ford as of last week. Had them submit the buyback request to RAV last week and it was denied due to time allowed(30 days per SC lemon law). With today being the 30 day mark, and still no field engineer visit, I’ll have the regional manager resubmit the buyback request on Tuesday. I’ve put over 1000 miles on the dealers Edge loaner at this point. I won’t be getting another white Mustang after this. Haha. Happy Memorial Day everyone.
Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
So. I’m on my 2nd 2018 GT. Put 11’000 miles on the first one. Oxford White, 400A, 3.55 gears, 10R80. The trans had severe issues with lurching. One day it decided to completely go out. Dealer ended up replacing the valve body. Was in the shop for just shy of 2 weeks. Something still didn’t feel right with the car and I ended up having my dealer find me a 401A car out of NC and I traded mine for it. Got a better financing rate, and a more highly optioned car. Still went with Oxford White, 3.55’s, but 401A. 4000 miles in and it throws a CEL and gets misfires on all cylinders. It’s now been with the dealer for exactly 30 days. Dealer has NO idea what’s happening. They have called in a ‘field engineer’ from Ford. I already have a case number from Ford as of last week. Had them submit the buyback request to RAV last week and it was denied due to time allowed(30 days per SC lemon law). With today being the 30 day mark, and still no field engineer visit, I’ll have the regional manager resubmit the buyback request on Tuesday. I’ve put over 1000 miles on the dealers Edge loaner at this point. I won’t be getting another white Mustang after this. Haha. Happy Memorial Day everyone.

I’m a Mustang guy but if you get out of this go buy a Camaro SS like the others. This is bad Karma dude... One major issue every 5,000 miles on a new car? Run!

OP
OP
ElCid08

ElCid08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Problem is, I really dislike the Camaro’s looks. Both 18’s have been white, same wheels, same everything (minus one was a 400A and this one is a 401A). If it gets approved for a buyback, I really want to stick with a Mustang. But I’ll get a drastic color change since all I’ve had is shitty luck with Oxford. Kona, or Ruby red perhaps

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Problem is, I really dislike the Camaro’s looks. Both 18’s have been white, same wheels, same everything (minus one was a 400A and this one is a 401A). If it gets approved for a buyback, I really want to stick with a Mustang. But I’ll get a drastic color change since all I’ve had is shitty luck with Oxford. Kona, or Ruby red perhaps

I don’t think it’s the colour.

The valve body is a known problem that should have been fixed in the 2019s. The engine problems are another. Many call it a lottery. If your a lucky guy you may get a tight engine where stuff actually matches up and you’re good to go. You and this car don’t have luck. Get a used 2017 or look elsewhere (why do I feel that I said this before... Oh yes - I have...).