One more thing to add to the shit list

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone else that have had this

Its It's the decklid, it has nudged against the rubber seal. As you can see the paint has been stripped. Same on both sides.

The dealer had a look at it yesterday "...this will be hard to get approved from Ford as warranty work" was the first thing they told me WTF. Also they said there is nothing we can do....it will be like that again.
20190904_113836.jpg
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
The trunk lid needs to be adjusted and the Service Center should do that for you. As far as the rubbed areas, Ford may tell the Service Center just to use touch up paint and blend the section.

I don’t think they would do a repaint since it’s on the underside of the decklid - they might, hard to say due to the location.

OP
OP
Mazman

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
It has been adjusted and is sitting good from an alignment PoV.

However the lid has already been spot painted as well as the rear fender as as the lid had nudged the fender at some point ....

The trunk lid needs to be adjusted and the Service Center should do that for you. As far as the rubbed areas, Ford may tell the Service Center just to use touch up paint and blend the section.

I don’t think they would do a repaint since it’s on the underside of the decklid - they might, hard to say due to the location.

sam97mt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS
I wonder why Mustangs are so badly made?

I got mine at roughly the same time as you but have now sold it, they don't seem made to last somehow.
Part of the nostalgia. Gives you that retro feel for how they were made back in the 60's. It's not a defect. It's a feature.

Edit: If it makes you guys feel better. It's not limited to the mustang. My Flex has horrible panel gaps and panel alignment too. Looks like they updated the sheet metal template but the stamping machines are still from 50 years ago.

Meanwhile, my 13 fusion was flawless.

Last edited:

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Or as my dealer says about things that are poorly designed or made (like headlights beams bouncing around on rough roads) 'it's a feature not a fault'

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
It has been adjusted and is sitting good from an alignment PoV.
The trunk lid and/or the rubber seal has to be moving around in order for the rubber seal to wear paint off. When the trunk is closed tiight it shouldn't be able to rattle around. Maybe the hinges are loose and allowing the trunk lid to move/vibrate while driving. Or the area where the wear is happening isn't pressing down hard enough on the rubber seal, and the seal is moving/vibrating while driving around.

OP
OP
Mazman

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure buddy!
I guess I first need to wait on the reply from Ford then we have to take it from there.
Fortunately it is on the inside of the trunk and not exposed to the elements

The trunk lid and/or the rubber seal has to be moving around in order for the rubber seal to wear paint off. When the trunk is closed tiight it shouldn't be able to rattle around. Maybe the hinges are loose and allowing the trunk lid to move/vibrate while driving. Or the area where the wear is happening isn't pressing down hard enough on the rubber seal, and the seal is moving/vibrating while driving around.

OP
OP
Mazman

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
ohh so you have sold yours mate :(

There is room from improvement to say the least...

I wonder why Mustangs are so badly made?

I got mine at roughly the same time as you but have now sold it, they don't seem made to last somehow.
Sponsored