Sponsored

Adaptive Cruise Control

deeps29

Bizarre Edition!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
That is really neat! I'm a tech junkie so I was just excited as you were in that video..lol...thanks for sharing. My questions are, though:

1. Will ACC work all the way to a stop like that? Someone above mentioned it was only 12mph and above in US?

2. How well will this work with a manual transmission? I'm surprised it will actually be offered with a manual, but I'm glad it is!
Volvo's ACC is top notch system and it is in-house system. So is Daimler's.
Ford's ACC is supplied by third party and it does NOT have full stop and go function. Ford's ACC (supplied by Delphi I believe) will work about 20 mph. Full stop and go ACC are costlier than $1200.

No idea how it works with manual transmission.
Sponsored

C00KIE M0NSTER

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
..And the collision mitigation may save you. Have you ever looked away for a split second in stop and go traffic and almost hit someone? Car is always watching and won't let it happen. Low speed of course...
[ame]

Better keep those eyes on the road.

alterbrett

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2015 Ford Mustang GT
I like that the lower grill with ACC is the same as the 50th anniversary. I've strongly considered get a 50 year style grill installed on my GT. I would of purchased the 50 year appearance package but I wanted the 20" wheels. This will potentially allow me to have the best of both worlds.

Helios1234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mondeo/Porsche Cayman S
Absolutely loved ACC on my 2009 Mondeo. We managed a fairly lengthy trip without having to use the gas pedal and relying solely on the ACC to adjust speed. It makes standard cruise control somewhat pointless. I'm surprised so few other cars in the same class have that feature... It's the same system used in the Volvo system I bet.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
I just want the rain sensing wipers. Gonna be the most expensive option on the entire car.
Eric, I have these on my F-150 Platinum. As stated they are OK at best for me. There are times I just can't find the proper sensitivity to make them do the job like I want. But that being said when I get them right, they are nice. I don't know why Ford hooked them to the cruise package in the '15, but they have done worse with their packages.

Sponsored

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
Pakman I think You have solved a mystery that no one has been able to answer. We have already seen the front sensors for the Adaptive Cruise Control on Several Cars. It Explains the Different Lower Grills seen on both GT's and Eco-Boost cars. All Mustangs with the Adaptive Cruise Control will get the Lower Grill like the one we've seen on the 50th Anniversary with the Horizontal Bar and Blanked Off Outer Ends (much like the Impala Grill you posted)
Okay, so time to throw a possible wrench in this theory. In looking at a new photo from this thread (photo below), from the updated Build & Price feature, the different, more closed off lower grill seems to be specific to the 50th Anniversary Appearance Package (plus LE of course) and the V6 only. Since ACC is a completely separate option from the 50th AP, I think the mystery of what impact the ACC has on the front aesthetics (if any) still stands.

And those that cancelled the ACC option on your order because of this aesthetic difference, previously assumed to be related to the ACC, may have done so prematurely.

So anyway, just throwing some new evidence into the mix. Not saying this is definitive proof of anything, but it certainly seems to point to this lower grill simply being a trim related difference, and not necessarily related to the ACC in any way.
outside.jpg

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Eric, I have these on my F-150 Platinum. As stated they are OK at best for me. There are times I just can't find the proper sensitivity to make them do the job like I want. But that being said when I get them right, they are nice. I don't know why Ford hooked them to the cruise package in the '15, but they have done worse with their packages.
I have had rain sensing wipers for over 10 years. Even if the system isn't perfect it's always much better than just having a manual interval imo. When I drive a car without a rain sensor nowadays in the rain it annoys the hell out of me :)

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
I have had rain sensing wipers for over 10 years. Even if the system isn't perfect it's always much better than just having a manual interval imo. When I drive a car without a rain sensor nowadays in the rain it annoys the hell out of me :)
Same here! I can't stand the "wiper farts" that always happens when you crank the speed on a normal wiper car and the rain lets up or you pass the traffic.. :D

Pakman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT350
Okay, so time to throw a possible wrench in this theory. In looking at a new photo from this thread (photo below), from the updated Build & Price feature, the different, more closed off lower grill seems to be specific to the 50th Anniversary Appearance Package (plus LE of course) and the V6 only. Since ACC is a completely separate option from the 50th AP, I think the mystery of what impact the ACC has on the front aesthetics (if any) still stands.

And those that cancelled the ACC option on your order because of this aesthetic difference, previously assumed to be related to the ACC, may have done so prematurely.

So anyway, just throwing some new evidence into the mix. Not saying this is definitive proof of anything, but it certainly seems to point to this lower grill simply being a trim related difference, and not necessarily related to the ACC in any way.
I noticed that too. But judging by how Ford places the radar on their other vehicles I still don't see how it won't alter the exterior appearance. If Ford is able to simply tuck it behind the grill out of sight, I'd imagine they would have done so on other models. The Fusion that KylemanS550 and I saw at our dealership had a very visible black sensor on the outer portion of the lower drivers side grill corner. They didn't even bother placing another black tab on the other corner to make the design symmetrical.

I think most of us hypothesize that the most likely grill combination Ford will use is the one with two flat black panels on the lower grill as it would accommodate the radar sensor panel. I suppose more of us should email or tweet @FordMustang to have them try to clarify this. @FordMustang never replied to my question and @FordService (very quick to respond) was unsure.

Snakedriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
The ACC may be worth ordering, depending on how it changes the front grill.

Sponsored

joekitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Corvette (mustang coyote throttle pedal)
made an account to point something out

the front radar sensors for adaptive cruise control are ALMOST ALWAYS glossy black plastic, its basically impossible to avoid this since you need a special radar transparent cover for the sensor.

the early forms of this technology looked like little plastic offcenter domes usually located in the lower grill, they looked awful (the image of the accord on page 4 shows this)

newer forms are hidden behind glossy black plastic sheets or something (like the image of the chevy impala on page 4), Cadillac got clever by hiding it behind the cadillac emblem, which they changed to a glossy black plastic center emblem with the cadillac decal painted onto it. it looks nice

None of the above mustang grill pictures have a radar sensor in the grill, i guarantee that.

ford could make the best of this situation by making the pony emblem into the sensor, since its already in the center of the grill

also, adaptive cruise control; DONT KNOCK IT TILL YOU TRY IT, it turns stop and go traffic into something almost relaxing rather than stressful. and as someone else said if it stops you from having even ONE accident, its paid for itself

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4

Lol, that's what I have been saying for the longest time lol everyone is so dang heartset on their blinded ideas. Glad you are one of the guys noticing :-)

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
And the LE doesn't even get ACC.

However, I thought the grill difference being related to ACC was already debunked in the other thread, but perhaps some people didn't believe it was true.

I like the one with fangs, so I'm happy. Although either one are fine with me, I'm really just not that picky.

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
And the LE doesn't even get ACC.

However, I thought the grill difference being related to ACC was already debunked in the other thread, but perhaps some people didn't believe it was true.

I like the one with fangs, so I'm happy. Although either one are fine with me, I'm really just not that picky.
That's what happens when people get so jaded in their beliefs and try to make it sound like they are right and know what they are talking about to get their followers, it's ridiculous. I've been saying it and saying it... each model is going to have its own design cues to differentiate them apart... much the same as the stang with performance package and the wheels. To a certain degree I find it amusing but there comes a time when someone has to step in and set it straight or at least try to. Even then with all supportive evidence and fact they still continue to try to debunk it

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
Actually, the ACC on North American Fords including the Mustang automatically deactivates at 12 mph. It's not intended for use in urban driving.
That is also true with standard cruise control since the system are tied together I was surprised to even set it at 30. My audi is set at 35 & up
Sponsored