13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
Music to my ears ........... same sweet sound track/sport ..... I like it

Speaking about Ford warranty , chew on this ...... specifically, X/H pipe & cold air box.

Look up Roush, and do a find dealer. You will quickly find many if not most Ford dealers listed.

That said how then could a Ford dealer, cancle a warranty for a modification they install, sell in house.

Only talking about the 2 products mentioned above... Now if Tommy 5 Thumbs does a hack job on the installs of same,.

Like cutting off the front cap to install the cold air box .............. that would be a legit open door for Ford to deny coverage.

Common sence folks .....
As I understand it, if a Ford Performance part is installed by a Ford dealer or ASI certified mechanic, then the warranty is not harmed. I don't know how this works with Roush parts, but Roush does work with Ford, and many of there parts are covered by the warranty.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Mine didn’t have it. It was a 50/50 for me. I’d like to have had it but it didn’t break the deal for me. Nice to be able to control the sound, but at this time I am considering doing the MBRP Race Exhaust. If I had the active exhaust I’d probably would’ve let it alone.... but now it’s going to be insanely loud.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Being a just picked up another 6th gen GT (19) it was on the "have to have" list. I was actually VERY surprised at just how much louder it was compared to the standard exhaust on my 18 GT. I'm pretty sure I am going to do an H pipe but honestly that isn't even necessary. When you go under a bridge it sounds well at an aftermarket exhaust level in track mode. I've never been one who prefers attention even if I don't have neighbors that complain. You can't have complaints if you never give reasons to get them. So I have it set to start on quite up until 10pm to 10am.

Sponsored

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1, A10, Mag, B&O, A/E, S&S
Being a just picked up another 6th gen GT (19) it was on the "have to have" list. I was actually VERY surprised at just how much louder it was compared to the standard exhaust on my 18 GT. I'm pretty sure I am going to do an H pipe but honestly that isn't even necessary. When you go under a bridge it sounds well at an aftermarket exhaust level in track mode. I've never been one who prefers attention even if I don't have neighbors that complain. You can't have complaints if you never give reasons to get them. So I have it set to start on quite up until 10pm to 10am.
DO THE H PIPE!!! :) Best mod for the money!

DymondBack537

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dymond
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 5.0 PP2 1966 Mustang Sprint 200
Music to my ears ........... same sweet sound track/sport ..... I like it

Speaking about Ford warranty , chew on this ...... specifically, X/H pipe & cold air box.

Look up Roush, and do a find dealer. You will quickly find many if not most Ford dealers listed.

That said how then could a Ford dealer, cancle a warranty for a modification they install, sell in house.

Only talking about the 2 products mentioned above... Now if Tommy 5 Thumbs does a hack job on the installs of same,.

Like cutting off the front cap to install the cold air box .............. that would be a legit open door for Ford to deny coverage.

Common sence folks .....
Exactly my thinking! If it’s manufactured by Ford for Ford and installed by Ford...one would deduce that it would still be covered under warranty.

Cold start AE in normal mode with Steeda H-pipe. It's hard to get a good video clip. To me, particularly in Sport mode, it's perfect.

Thanks for the clip. It definitely sounds “throatier” for lack of a better word. More crack if you will. I know it’s hard to tell via a video; which is often why I find it funny when places play the different sound bites of exhaust...but I definitely notice it here with the Steeda.

MustangorCamaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
I did a quick search and didn't find anything for 2020 models. Is there an aftermarket exhaust that you can adjust like the Ford Active Exhaust? Would want it to be as near as possible. Like a few others with neighbors, it would be a must for me. But Ford seems to mostly put them on higher optioned Mustangs and not on the base. It's the ONE option that would be mandatory, but if I could get the same or better on the aftermarket, that would give me tons more options for base Mustangs. Don't even think Roush has one for 2019-2020.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I did a quick search and didn't find anything for 2020 models. Is there an aftermarket exhaust that you can adjust like the Ford Active Exhaust? Would want it to be as near as possible. Like a few others with neighbors, it would be a must for me. But Ford seems to mostly put them on higher optioned Mustangs and not on the base. It's the ONE option that would be mandatory, but if I could get the same or better on the aftermarket, that would give me tons more options for base Mustangs. Don't even think Roush has one for 2019-2020.
Honestly the base exhaust is still really good, I find it's almost the perfect overall volume level that's balanced between not being annoying to your neighbors but still fun in a tunnel. That's not to knock active exhaust, it's still absolutely worth the money if you can swing it. But my point is that for the price of free, it sure seems like Ford worked pretty hard to give you the best balance possible. With the H-Pipe opening up the volume on the high end it suits my tastes pretty much perfectly.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Honestly the base exhaust is still really good, I find it's almost the perfect overall volume level that's balanced between not being annoying to your neighbors but still fun in a tunnel. That's not to knock active exhaust, it's still absolutely worth the money if you can swing it. But my point is that for the price of free, it sure seems like Ford worked pretty hard to give you the best balance possible. With the H-Pipe opening up the volume on the high end it suits my tastes pretty much perfectly.

The stock exhaust has next to no volume. Sure it’s more volume than probably any other car out there that stock but it very subdued. Even the Dodge 392 models sound throaty on start up. The AE is just and entry into the sound. Roush and Borla Corsa MBRP now that’s straight loud there.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
The stock exhaust has next to no volume. Sure it’s more volume than probably any other car out there that stock but it very subdued. Even the Dodge 392 models sound throaty on start up. The AE is just and entry into the sound. Roush and Borla Corsa MBRP now that’s straight loud there.

That's a hard one to detect, why I think that. First 100 miles jammed an X pipe in the system. Big difference, just happen to be Roush, cursing, shifting, up and down.

I think the big sound you speak of happens at the front end of the system ............. headers & cats. Throw those two little goodies in, whole different ball game.

Roush AE looks pretty close (looks) to the Ford factory set up. Borla which I cannot stand the sound, am not aware has AE .

One more, this nonsense. "For the neighbors" give me a break , sounds like the same worn out phrase "for the children" ................ own it!

Stop pussy footing around, ya did not get that AE to creep around the neighborhood. Neighbors only care about ....... guess who ?

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
Meh, I set the exhaust to quiet on my girlfriend's street - it's not "the neighbors" I worry about, it's her insistence that "I have to live with my neighbors."

Seriously, though, she's a peach. No complaints from me. :D

Other than that, I usually have it on Sport or Track.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
One more, this nonsense. "For the neighbors" give me a break , sounds like the same worn out phrase "for the children" ................ own it!
Stop pussy footing around, ya did not get that AE to creep around the neighborhood. Neighbors only care about ....... guess who ?
b994c3e563eab6584cc8baabea8431ff--auto-humor-car-humor.jpg

Hidalgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible, Premium, Magnetic, Int. Midnight Blue, 401A Pkge, 10Sp. AT, Smart & Safe Pkge, Active Valve Performance Exhaust, Shaker Pro, 20" Alum wheels; 2015 BMW M235i, Vert, Twin Turbo, JB4; BMW 2017 X5, M Sports Pkge
AE, What's Not To Love About It!

MustangorCamaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
I think the stock exhaust sounds very good 2/3 to full throttle, but way too quiet overall for my taste. Just found the Roush one for a 2020 Mustang and it's like $2699 so that's not happening. The search for a 2019 or 2020 continues. Probably only a handful out there being the only option on a base Mustang. Ugh.

As far as the neighbors, whether one admits it or not, it's an arsehole move to have a loud exhaust and drive around at 6AM in a high density area. I'm in a high density area. I'm not going to be that guy. The Active Exhaust is a must.
Sponsored