Vehicle Showcase

DymondBack537

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dymond
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 5.0 PP2 1966 Mustang Sprint 200
Active Exhaust is amazing. I've been toying with the idea of changing the exhaust, retaining the active exhaust but doing a cat-back system. The Borla and Corsa systems are the two I've narrowed it down to. However, I feel there isn't much of a change in those "active" systems.

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
Okay, then why is that guys with stock exhaust go out and replace their exhaust with some louder, even obnoxious after market exhaust when loud alone does not equal more power.
I would be happy with stock exhaust. I was happy with my 2013's exhaust. AE was on the GT PP2 that had the other options I wanted, so I wound up with it. I've never modified the exhaust on any of my cars. Waist of money? Maybe, but I don't care. Beats going out and spending $1,000+ for noise I can't control.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Active Exhaust is amazing. I've been toying with the idea of changing the exhaust, retaining the active exhaust but doing a cat-back system. The Borla and Corsa systems are the two I've narrowed it down to. However, I feel there isn't much of a change in those "active" systems.
I won't derail this thread too much, but quite a few folks (myself included) with AE have removed the factory resonator and replaced it with an H or X pipe. It amps everything up nicely, but retains the adjustability, and it's like a $130-150 part (I got mine, and with install, was still under $200).

Sponsored

DymondBack537

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dymond
Vehicle(s)
I won't derail this thread too much, but quite a few folks (myself included) with AE have removed the factory resonator and replaced it with an H or X pipe. It amps everything up nicely, but retains the adjustability, and it's like a $130-150 part (I got mine, and with install, was still under $200).
Exactly what I’m looking at. Do you happen to have a clip of hour exhaust afterwards? What about the link to the pipe you went with?

DymondBack537

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dymond
Vehicle(s)
Now my only other concern would be - will the H/X pipe void the warranty. When I had my 2012 I waited until my extended warranty expired before doing any engine, trans and exhaust mods. Not trying to lose out on the money I’ve spent either.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Exactly what I’m looking at. Do you happen to have a clip of hour exhaust afterwards? What about the link to the pipe you went with?
I still need to shoot some video. (to get a sound clip), maybe I'll do that with my newly found spare time :D

Sure! It's a Steeda, there's several options from various vendors, I just wanted an H specifically, and Steeda and a good, known source for parts:

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-555-3619-s550-h-pipe

Looks like it went up in price a bit, generally you can score a discount code though.

Now my only other concern would be - will the H/X pipe void the warranty. When I had my 2012 I waited until my extended warranty expired before doing any engine,
trans and exhaust mods. Not trying to lose out on the money I’ve spent either.
It's a pretty minimal modification, and I can't image a dealer who would refuse a warranty repair due to one, however, it is aftermarket.

Funny enough, Ford even sells their own:

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-5251-M8

DymondBack537

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dymond
Vehicle(s)
I still need to shoot some video. (to get a sound clip), maybe I'll do that with my newly found spare time :D

Sure! It's a Steeda, there's several options from various vendors, I just wanted an H specifically, and Steeda and a good, known source for parts:

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-555-3619-s550-h-pipe

Looks like it went up in price a bit, generally you can score a discount code though.

It's a pretty minimal modification, and I can't image a dealer who would refuse a warranty repair due to one, however, it is aftermarket.

Funny enough, Ford even sells their own:

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-5251-M8
That Ford one is exactly the one I was looking at too. I’ve got it scheduled for service on Tuesday. I guess I shall ask them when I take it in.

Oh yea. Can’t go wrong with Steeda. On my 2012 I had a Magnaflow with a Steeda H-pipe on it. You hit both of my nails on the head. Thank you!

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Now my only other concern would be - will the H/X pipe void the warranty. When I had my 2012 I waited until my extended warranty expired before doing any engine, trans and exhaust mods. Not trying to lose out on the money I’ve spent either.
I wondered about that too, but at the same time it's so far downstream of anything expensive and literally can't cause any problems, so I don't know how a dealer could justify trying to void any warranty repairs based on that alone. If anything most techs will be on your side because they love when loud Mustangs come in, it's a nice break for them from the 99th Escape transmission replacement.

Sponsored

DymondBack537

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dymond
Vehicle(s)
I wondered about that too, but at the same time it's so far downstream of anything expensive and literally can't cause any problems, so I don't know how a dealer could justify trying to void any warranty repairs based on that alone. If anything most techs will be on your side because they love when loud Mustangs come in, it's a nice break for them from the 99th Escape transmission replacement.
Exactly my thought process. But from what I understood (friend of mine used to work at the same dealer I bought mine from) the individual Ford dealers determine what they will warranty; i.e. they can determine what’s voided on your car if you’ve added anything from OEM. While I’m with you - thinking it’s literally taking a section of piping and removing it to add a different and better functioning section, away from any true expensive and warranties part - it would be fine.

This same dealership said adding an oil separator was fine; but that adding/changing to a new cold air intake would subsequently void the warranty.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Unless you want to quiet your car in the morning due to annoying neighbors, then I think the Active exhaust is a complete waste of $. I had a base GT manual and the stock exhaust sounded awesome and I would never have wanted to make it quieter/louder..etc. I worked from home so no worries about 5am startups.
There can be several reasons other than early-AM startups for wanting to keep things quiet.

I wouldn't mind the exhaust on my '08 to be a little louder when I'm out on the track (mainly for video recording purposes), but I'm fine with it the way it is (bone-stock except for an X-pipe) the rest of the time.

Norm

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Cold start AE in normal mode with Steeda H-pipe. It's hard to get a good video clip. To me, particularly in Sport mode, it's perfect.

Music to my ears ........... same sweet sound track/sport ..... I like it

Speaking about Ford warranty , chew on this ...... specifically, X/H pipe & cold air box.

Look up Roush, and do a find dealer. You will quickly find many if not most Ford dealers listed.

That said how then could a Ford dealer, cancle a warranty for a modification they install, sell in house.

Only talking about the 2 products mentioned above... Now if Tommy 5 Thumbs does a hack job on the installs of same,.

Like cutting off the front cap to install the cold air box .............. that would be a legit open door for Ford to deny coverage.

Common sence folks .....
Sponsored

Last edited: