Sponsored

Accelatec Tail Light Panel - Anyone have? Is it high quality?

OP
OP
S550ilver

S550ilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I am yes. Got it from American Muscle this time.
Sponsored

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Why AM? I'm going with CJ again just for the discount. How did CJ say they going to refund your money?

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
I put the Accelatec on my 2019 and I think the fit and finish looks fine. Does not stick out like your photos. I watched the CJ install video and did hammer down the where the pins go in before installing it.

Also, will add that, IMO,it looks much cleaner than the horizontal lines that were there and there are no dimples because it was made to be a delete panel from the start.

Last edited:

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
I watched the video as well and did everything they said. I don't think hammering down the pins would help mine.

Also, after starting at my car from behind way longer than I probably should, (before I removed the stock panel) I think the horizontal lines give the S550 a slimmer look. And, as everyone knows, it REALLY needs it.
I think I might like the blank gap between the lines a lot of people complain about. It actually points out there might be something missing...in the true spirit of the original Bullitt.
Either way, I'll be able to see my car in all 3 confirgurarions in person and then decide. Pictures are nothing compared to real life.

Sponsored

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I watched the video as well and did everything they said. I don't think hammering down the pins would help mine.

Also, after starting at my car from behind way longer than I probably should, (before I removed the stock panel) I think the horizontal lines give the S550 a slimmer look. And, as everyone knows, it REALLY needs it.
I think I might like the blank gap between the lines a lot of people complain about. It actually points out there might be something missing...in the true spirit of the original Bullitt.
Either way, I'll be able to see my car in all 3 confirgurarions in person and then decide. Pictures are nothing compared to real life.
Just yank the GT emblem off and try it out. I ran that for a few weeks before I was originally ready to purchase the FRPP version with the lines until I saw that Accelatec made a version without lines. Plus only paid $105 for Black Friday so win/win for me.

Anything is better than the chrome GT badge or pony back there, including 4 small holes left behind by the emblem removal.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Got mine for the BF $105 too. That didn't make up for the ridiculously poor fit though.

I know what you mean about the emblems. My Bullitt emblem was HUGE. Taking just that off without replacing the panel would look horrible though.

If I don't like the lines and the gap there's one more option, but from what I've read you have to swap all the hardware and even the foam liner. I really don't want to do that.
20181130_140747b.jpg
20181129_195032b.jpg

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
I think the 2015-2017 ford performance option was just a flat panel without the lines if I’m not mistaken. Are they not making that anymore?

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think the 2015-2017 ford performance option was just a flat panel without the lines if I’m not mistaken. Are they not making that anymore?
That’s the problem really. Ford stopped making the version without lines on it which opened the door for Accelatec to make a version without lines.

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
That’s the problem really. Ford stopped making the version without lines on it which opened the door for Accelatec to make a version without lines.
Oh ok. I’ve seen them on eBay from time to time although not as often as before. Another option is a black accent package 2015-2017 panel that’s what my car came with from the factory. It’s really clean and from a couple feet away you can’t see the GT badge so it looks smooth yet when you get closer to it you know it’s the 5.0

One thing that sucks though is the ricers always try to race thinking it’s an EcoBoost because they don’t see the GT badge then when they get close enough to see the 5.0 badges on the door they pass a lot slower.

Sponsored

thecloneranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 royal crimson mustang gt
installed mine last weekend not bad for 100$ the last pic where it pops out a little but thats because i didnt hammer the hole flat enough
IMG_1255.jpg
IMG_1258.jpg
image1.jpeg

OP
OP
S550ilver

S550ilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
That fits really well. I wish mine had. I returned mine and got a Ford Performance smooth decklid (the one with the horizontal lines on it). It fit well and now I'm waiting on my mfautodesigns howler badge.

NIXPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
18' PP2 Shadow Black
Vehicle Showcase
Just installed, finish is so much better than stock. Looks like I need to adjust it a little, to corners aren't flush, but it's very minor.
20190324_114108-1024x576.jpg

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
Over the weekend I had my Ford dealer install the ACCELATEC Taillight Panel on my 2015 GT. First, the panel is stamped "Drake" so I guess that Accelatec is owned by Drake. There was a noticeable gap on both the left and right sides where it is inline with the turn signal housing and the bottom lip did not line up with the bottom of the taillight housing. I asked the Ford body shop to put my original back on. That one lined up correctly. I am in contact with CJ Pony Parts to return the panel. They have asked what was the issue and I related the above to them. So far, nothing heard back as to an RMA number. I hope CJ's isn't going to make this return difficult. :frown:

NIXPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
18' PP2 Shadow Black
Vehicle Showcase
Over the weekend I had my Ford dealer install the ACCELATEC Taillight Panel on my 2015 GT. First, the panel is stamped "Drake" so I guess that Accelatec is owned by Drake. There was a noticeable gap on both the left and right sides where it is inline with the turn signal housing and the bottom lip did not line up with the bottom of the taillight housing. I asked the Ford body shop to put my original back on. That one lined up correctly. I am in contact with CJ Pony Parts to return the panel. They have asked what was the issue and I related the above to them. So far, nothing heard back as to an RMA number. I hope CJ's isn't going to make this return difficult. :frown:
It just needs adjusted.
Sponsored