Absolutely legendary Nascar last lap finish

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
I always knew rubbing was racing but I had never seen anything like that.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Larson did this last year. Its funny because when they asked him about it he said he thought it was bad for there sport and was embarrassed to have been the first to do it. Thought that was a little different considering how often these guys wreck each other going for a win.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
shows just how much traction limited these cars are. I mean, he shot by those other cars when he did not have to worry about traction, and that was even with the added friction of riding the wall.

However, I do think NASCAR will put a rule in place here, and they probably should.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
That'll get banned right quick

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Top 5 finishers go to a championship race.
Actually it’s the top four in the championship. Only one Ford driver but I can’t stand Lagano. I’ll be rooting for Chastain. He deserves it after that move.

84AC1640-B7E6-4121-92C3-26AC74F3B2B6.jpeg

Park

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT, 20 Mustang EB and 21 Bronco Sport
I saw that live, I’ve been keeping up with NASCAR since the late 70’s and have never seen such a incredible move!
Glad it turned out ok…

Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
The new tire/wheel package allowed that to happen. Awesome that he tried it.
The old package the tire had a 2" bulge to the wheel lip, So it friction with the wall would grind it to a stop.
The new short sidewall tire package doesn't have much bulge past the wheel lip, so the car is riding the wall against the wheel and lug nut, not the tire . His tires still were holding air after that bonziiii move. Something the older 15" wheel/tire would not do.
He was told they needed 2, as in two points. he dumped it into 5th (not used at that track)and planted the pedal through the wood. and while the other cars were doing 62 mph in the middle of the corner he was over 110mph riding the wall.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
The new tire/wheel package allowed that to happen. Awesome that he tried it.
The old package the tire had a 2" bulge to the wheel lip, So it friction with the wall would grind it to a stop.
The new short sidewall tire package doesn't have much bulge past the wheel lip, so the car is riding the wall against the wheel and lug nut, not the tire . His tires still were holding air after that bonziiii move. Something the older 15" wheel/tire would not do.
He was told they needed 2, as in two points. he dumped it into 5th (not used at that track)and planted the pedal through the wood. and while the other cars were doing 62 mph in the middle of the corner he was over 110mph riding the wall.
Guess this means they need to go back to the old wheels. :crackup:

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Guess this means they need to go back to the old wheels. :crackup:
Not really. As it now was tried and shown it can work. 2 things will happen, Nascar rule book will have a new entry for the 23 season and All the other drivers and spotters will be looking for that next time and BLOCK it. He had a Traffic free fast lane no one ever thought of, as when he hit the wall, they all thought he was done, not that he hit the wall as part of the goal to get the points needed. Everyone watching thought he just overcooked the turn and that was that. And why none of the spotters told their driver to block it.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
To be pedantic, this wasn't legendary. It might become legendary in a few decades' time, provided that people won't have forgotten it until then and will still talk about it with esteem and admiration. But right now it isn't. 🤓

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
shows just how much traction limited these cars are. I mean, he shot by those other cars when he did not have to worry about traction, and that was even with the added friction of riding the wall.

However, I do think NASCAR will put a rule in place here, and they probably should.
And why they have cars pushing one another, which is lame as hell all day every day?
ASSCAR is stupid anymore, a rolling soap opera.

NHRA is racing, not ASSCAR what a shame.
Sponsored