Sponsored

About to Pull the Trigger....

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
I passed on the car. Really like the color scheme but the lesson of a 1st year GT350 (non R) and it being a COVID special combined with the announcement of 2 more years gave me pause.
Do yourself a favor and buy the 911S. Quality is far from job #1 at Ford right now. They pretty much introduced built in ADMā€™s by supposedly selling limited amounts of their ā€œperformance carsā€ (then sold them pretty much to demand) Not good! With problems to boot!
Sponsored

Bangarang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver GT 500 (L0545), 2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX-V6 6-Speed
I passed on the car. Really like the color scheme but the lesson of a 1st year GT350 (non R) and it being a COVID special combined with the announcement of 2 more years gave me pause.
Keep your eyes out the next few years and get one when you find one that fits the bill. Itā€™s really an incredible car. Until I went to track attack, I had not seen one in the wild aside from my own. For the price, there isnā€™t anything else like it! PS: I donā€™t have the kind of money or influence to get Ford to like me enough to get a Ford GT. And for the price of a comparable 911, you could buy two GT500ā€™s and use the second one as a parts vehicle.

Last edited:

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I chaulk most of it up to the general mood of most these days. These cars are constantly compared to 911ā€™s. If one wantā€™s to spend that have at it. No hate from me on the choice. I donā€™t expect perfection unless I pay for perfection. Iā€™m sorry, but 100k for a cftp 500 is not perfection money. Yes, itā€™s expensive, but no where near that cost level when the performance level and the other options are priced out. I get the obsession side of it as well. Iā€™ve gotten a little jaded in my maturing age. Iā€™m of the consensus most will bxtch if there ice cream is cold. My attitude may be different if the local dealer I deal with didnā€™t have such a good service department. Funny thing, none of my vehicles were purchased there. The sales side is terrible.

Wow beyond WOW is all I can say in disbelief how this forum has gone from ā€ I want a GT500 so bad Iā€™d sell my left arm to no thanksā€. Really sad how now itā€™s the GT500 bashing forum and Ford products as well. And not here to bash others but just amazed and I am a huge Car Motƶrhead to the max beyond max of many brands. Everyone has their opinions but I have voiced this before and many people ask me how I feel about the Ford products to the point high ranking Ford dealer reps. Next time I run into them which I do often and they poke around whatā€™s going on guess I share the unhappiness Others feel about their products. And once again itā€™s all fair to share the reality of what Ford makes but yikes.

Twisted O CFTP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
Well, I am thinking about pulling the trigger. I swore I was not going to buy a 1st year GT500. Own a '19 GT350R, bought a '16 GT350 and learned that lesson, fortunately did not cost me out of pocket. I have a deal negotiated on a Rapid Red Golden Ticket with painted black stripes. Lovely looking car. $15k ADM. Having a very tough time with that. The car is also about 350 miles from me so I either drive it back or pay to have it trailered. However, I have just rolled through the few "issues" thread here and that has given me pause. I am pretty particular about my cars and motorcycles, and these quality issues will irritate me. At nearly $130k out the door, I am in BMW M8 Competition territory and/or 911 territory and for a few more bucks, 911 S. Really struggling with this. I know some folks will say, charge ahead, others may waive me off. Everyone has their own issues that are critical to their respective happiness. However, overall, I am struggling with the value proposition. I could buy a loaded GT Mustang and then get a loaded convertible to boot..... Thoughts welcome.
Well maybe I can shed some light for you on your choice. For starters you mentioned you could have a 911 or even 911 S. I just traded My 911 GTS for the golden ticket gt500. I had my 911 GTS for 3 years and bought it new. So to give u a honest comparison there is none lol the gts has 430hp the gt500 cftp is a night and day comparison. First the handling under high speed braking the 911 gts front end gives you a small back and forth motion feedback since there is no weight on the front end. Itā€™s totally controllable but thought id share. The gt500 cftp has zero motion feedback braking from 150 mph I noticed this right away. Handling the 911 gts is a even better handler then the 911 or s I also had the Porsche center lock wheels so far after having 3000 miles on the 500 the handling is just as good iff not better on the track and I haven't but the camber track set up plates yet so it should only get better considering Ill have more tow in. To give u example when I went to sebring a few months ago there is some really high speed kinks I was averaging 140mph plus in these kinks thats 911 race car territory which were also running out there with me with the extra power they would push hard but never could keep up due to the hp difference. DCT transmission on the Porsche was excellent but honestly I think the new transmission on the 500 is more engaging this is due to the sounds of rev matching under braking and the quickness of using the paddles and how quick the car shifts with no lag at all. Comfort interiorI ordered mine fully loaded including a glass top with sunroof the Porsche gts comes fully loaded with alcantera seats ect there is not really anymore outstanding features in the 911 that the gt500 doesn't have. The gt500 cftp simply put is a much better car then the 911 gts I had faster, better braking and phenomenal handling all with a dct that is outstanding.
As far as the M8 my best friend has a m4 and we just looked at the m8 competition model at the dealer. From what I can see its a nice luxury car with a v8 turbo engine its very wide its very heavy and its all about being comfortable with having a few extra ponies however its never been a trac monster and I have never saw one on the track there really isn't a comprasion two different cars.
I have motorcycles two like the ducati v4r currently ect the way I see it the shelby gt500 is going to be very special because the romeo niche line is going away after the 500 which means no more hand built motors or the history that goes with it so like the old air cooled 911 the price should hold very high because the 500 will be truly the last of the v8s as electric is moving in do I regret trading my naturally aspirated 911 gts for 2020 gt500 cftp absolutely not its a lot more car if you want status yeah the m8 or 911 looks nice on the street but if its performance your wanting theres no comprasion

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Well maybe I can shed some light for you on your choice. For starters you mentioned you could have a 911 or even 911 S. I just traded My 911 GTS for the golden ticket gt500. I had my 911 GTS for 3 years and bought it new. So to give u a honest comparison there is none lol the gts has 430hp the gt500 cftp is a night and day comparison. First the handling under high speed braking the 911 gts front end gives you a small back and forth motion feedback since there is no weight on the front end. Itā€™s totally controllable but thought id share. The gt500 cftp has zero motion feedback braking from 150 mph I noticed this right away. Handling the 911 gts is a even better handler then the 911 or s I also had the Porsche center lock wheels so far after having 3000 miles on the 500 the handling is just as good iff not better on the track and I haven't but the camber track set up plates yet so it should only get better considering Ill have more tow in. To give u example when I went to sebring a few months ago there is some really high speed kinks I was averaging 140mph plus in these kinks thats 911 race car territory which were also running out there with me with the extra power they would push hard but never could keep up due to the hp difference. DCT transmission on the Porsche was excellent but honestly I think the new transmission on the 500 is more engaging this is due to the sounds of rev matching under braking and the quickness of using the paddles and how quick the car shifts with no lag at all. Comfort interiorI ordered mine fully loaded including a glass top with sunroof the Porsche gts comes fully loaded with alcantera seats ect there is not really anymore outstanding features in the 911 that the gt500 doesn't have. The gt500 cftp simply put is a much better car then the 911 gts I had faster, better braking and phenomenal handling all with a dct that is outstanding.
As far as the M8 my best friend has a m4 and we just looked at the m8 competition model at the dealer. From what I can see its a nice luxury car with a v8 turbo engine its very wide its very heavy and its all about being comfortable with having a few extra ponies however its never been a trac monster and I have never saw one on the track there really isn't a comprasion two different cars.
I have motorcycles two like the ducati v4r currently ect the way I see it the shelby gt500 is going to be very special because the romeo niche line is going away after the 500 which means no more hand built motors or the history that goes with it so like the old air cooled 911 the price should hold very high because the 500 will be truly the last of the v8s as electric is moving in do I regret trading my naturally aspirated 911 gts for 2020 gt500 cftp absolutely not its a lot more car if you want status yeah the m8 or 911 looks nice on the street but if its performance your wanting theres no comprasion
Are you all set for Daytona at the end of the month?

Sponsored

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Like I said ADM hater !!!!!
Donā€™t know what your problem is man. Saying someone canā€™t afford something when you have zero knowledge of their finances is just plain ignorant. If one chooses to not get fleeced and has the patience to not buy a first production year, thatā€™s his business.
Everyone draws the line somewhere. With me itā€™s MSRP or less. I guess you jumped on this right? If not, you canā€™t afford it right?

BTW...
I bought my GT350 from this very dealership. Originally had a 15K ADM. I paid 5K under. Thank you but Iā€™ll keep 20K by waiting a bit.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Donā€™t know what your problem is man. Saying someone canā€™t afford something when you have zero knowledge of their finances is just plain ignorant. If one chooses to not get fleeced and has the patience to not buy a first production year, thatā€™s his business.
Everyone draws the line somewhere. With me itā€™s MSRP or less. I guess you jumped on this right? If not, you canā€™t afford it right?

BTW...
I bought my GT350 from this very dealership. Originally had a 15K ADM. I paid 5K under. Thank you but Iā€™ll keep 20K by waiting a bit.
I would just like to interject one thing........ If a person chooses to wait and try to get one at MSRP, good on them. More power to them.

If that same person throws his/her opinion, and shits on others who paid ADM..... STFU

That is all :thumbsup:

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
Do yourself a favor and buy the 911S. Quality is far from job #1 at Ford right now. They pretty much introduced built in ADMā€™s by supposedly selling limited amounts of their ā€œperformance carsā€ (then sold them pretty much to demand) Not good! With problems to boot!
I would just like to interject one thing........ If a person chooses to wait and try to get one at MSRP, good on them. More power to them.

If that same person throws his/her opinion, and shits on others who paid ADM..... STFU

Exactly, its all about the ADM haters and the judgment they make, its a simple resentment against the free market system either pay it or shut up and wait.

Sponsored

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
Supply and demand I'm afraid.
Ford seems to do a better job on not trashing their exclusive cars and trucks like the GT350, GT500 and Raptor. Even though the dealers get ADM on these it usually lasts for years and not just a year and or months. And even after ADM goes away their is still MSRP on these and you may get a few thousand off retail. But anyone sitting on the fence thinking the GT500 is going to be discounted off retail in the near future is going to be disappointed. Only thing that changes the GT500 ADM is people hear many many many stories of unhappiness of the product. Itā€™s still early in the game and unfortunately we are hearing unhappiness.

edmd007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R, 20 GT500 Iconic CFTP
Ford seems to do a better job on not trashing their exclusive cars and trucks like the GT350, GT500 and Raptor. Even though the dealers get ADM on these it usually lasts for years and not just a year and or months. And even after ADM goes away their is still MSRP on these and you may get a few thousand off retail. But anyone sitting on the fence thinking the GT500 is going to be discounted off retail in the near future is going to be disappointed. Only thing that changes the GT500 ADM is people hear many many many stories of unhappiness of the product. Itā€™s still early in the game and unfortunately we are hearing unhappiness.
For sure , You are correct. However, hereā€™s my take..... guys who buy mustangs are generally ā€œcar guysā€. Meaning they can look at a car and ascertain QI issues.These guys for 100k expect more.
however, a lot of guys that buy more expensive cars, Porsche etc etc, really have no clue what they are looking at , couldnā€™t even change their own oil so to them itā€™s ā€œstatusā€ .... Iā€™m sure if they were real ā€œcaguysā€ they could pick apart those cars too.

I for one am very very happy w my 500 and yes I paid ADM and yes I waited for the right deal.

maybe itā€™s a job 2 car, I dunno but I have t found any issues but I also ha donā€™t perseverated on not inspected every nook and cranny.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)

Come on man
I responded to your post for one reason...money. You stated ADM haters couldnā€™t afford the price. I just called you out with my facts. Sure I can afford it, I just choose to not spend my money that way.
I guess Iā€™ve been lucky and have picked up some deals over the years and have never wanted anything so bad I needed to, in my eyes, over pay for it....thatā€™s just me.
There are plenty here who find cars without ADM or even less.
Again, where do you draw the line? $250K or somewhere lower?

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Come on man
I responded to your post for one reason...money. You stated ADM haters couldnā€™t afford the price. I just called you out with my facts. Sure I can afford it, I just choose to not spend my money that way.
I guess Iā€™ve been lucky and have picked up some deals over the years and have never wanted anything so bad I needed to, in my eyes, over pay for it....thatā€™s just me.
You and I have not conversed on any matter actually. I also was not aiming my point at you specifically, it was a blanket statement to all the ADM bashers, not haters. Let's be honest, we ALL hate ADM. It was to the people that run their mouths about others (self included), who did pay an ADM. The problem that is spreading rampant, on any subject it seams, is people have the right to remain silent, what they lack is the capacity. To those people I say STFU.

I am not arguing with your view at all. As a matter of fact, I said more power to those who hold off wait for the deal that seems right for them. I never accused anyone of not having the finances to afford ADM.

I am at an age where I have gained enough life experience, from the work I do, to better understand how fragile life is, and how important it is to enjoy living it, not just autopiloting through it. This is the caliber of car that I have longed for my whole life. Do I like the process of obtaining one? Do I like the greed of dealers, and all the hoops it takes to get one? Hell no.

I decided this was a car that I had to have, even if I had to pay over MSRP to get it. It was worth it to me. I found a dealer with a price I could afford to deal with (although not happy with the idea of paying over MSRP). It was a decision that I made, for me, for my life, for my reasons. I sure as hell do not need to listen to some soar ass individual (again, not talking about you), who is all but hurt over the fact that people are paying ADM. I wanted this car. I wanted the first year run of this car. I wanted it to be specked to my likings. All this meant that I had to pay ADM, because there is not a dealer in a five State radius that would sell one at MSRP.

I got exactly what I wanted. Not only did I get one of the very first cars, it was the very first GT500 to ship (to the U.S.) from Flat Rock. I have been enjoying my car since early December 2019. Sometimes you have to play the game to get what you want, and that's what I did. As I type, there are countless people still waiting, searching, wondering, wanting, or what have you, for a 2020 GT500. I paid for the opportunity to get what I wanted, as soon as I could get it.

"No regerts"

Last edited:

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
Come on man
Grievances are unhealthy, whether they are directed at ADM's, or your neighbor for his ugly yard. Live and Let live brother, acceptance is the key grasshopper, take a deep breath and let people have free will and pay a ADM.
Sponsored