About to Pull the Trigger....

MisterScott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT350R
Well, I am thinking about pulling the trigger. I swore I was not going to buy a 1st year GT500. Own a '19 GT350R, bought a '16 GT350 and learned that lesson, fortunately did not cost me out of pocket. I have a deal negotiated on a Rapid Red Golden Ticket with painted black stripes. Lovely looking car. $15k ADM. Having a very tough time with that. The car is also about 350 miles from me so I either drive it back or pay to have it trailered. However, I have just rolled through the few "issues" thread here and that has given me pause. I am pretty particular about my cars and motorcycles, and these quality issues will irritate me. At nearly $130k out the door, I am in BMW M8 Competition territory and/or 911 territory and for a few more bucks, 911 S. Really struggling with this. I know some folks will say, charge ahead, others may waive me off. Everyone has their own issues that are critical to their respective happiness. However, overall, I am struggling with the value proposition. I could buy a loaded GT Mustang and then get a loaded convertible to boot..... Thoughts welcome.
Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Scott: Your Golden Ticket car is identical to the one I got so, good choice in colors. :cool:

Yes, there have been issues but after all, other than the engine, it isn't hand built and I can't remember ever purchasing a vehicle that didn't have some issues.

Bottom line for me, it's the greatest car I've ever had and there have been quite a few.

All that said, no one can make the call other than you but if you opt for this car, odds are you'll love it, too.

1603194822952.png

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Really struggling with this. I know some folks will say, charge ahead, others may waive me off. Everyone has their own issues that are critical to their respective happiness. However, overall, I am struggling with the value proposition. I could buy a loaded GT Mustang and then get a loaded convertible to boot..... Thoughts welcome.
Well, you already answered your question. Some, self included, will tell you that you should not let these things stop you, others will say the opposite.

I think Kent summed it up pretty good.

This is the greatest car I have ever owned as well. I do not regret my decision one iota. Mostly all the nuances that have been reported are present on just about every car on the market. Yah, yah, but this is a $100k ish flagship car. Actually, it's a mustang that is built alongside every version of it, including rental cars. It's not perfect, we can't change it, it is what it is, don't let that stop you from the experience.

To be honest, no matter how well it was put together at the factory, I would find things that I would want to address anyway. It's part of the experience.

There's my 2 cents, for what it's worth.

Jaime

Ablaze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2020 TO CFTP, 2013 SBY Boss 302
I don't think any year will be devoid of issues but I imagine 2022 will be the least troublesome. That said, I had already put a deposit down for a 2021. The same dealer called and said they ended up with 1 additional allocation, it's a CFTP, we're offering it at MSRP. I decided to jump at it. Would I have bought it for $15k ADM? No. Not with 2 more years to go.

edmd007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R, 20 GT500 Iconic CFTP
Buy the car, 15 k isnt terrible. You wont regret the car. If in fact RR and black is the color combo you want.
Its an absolute blast to drive and will be for years.
I have had my CFTP about a month, the first day I'm like damn, 100k, whew, but now, I wouldn't change it and am happy as hell.
I also kept my 18 R as they are quite different machines.
Life is short..... to me, decisions are balanced between happiness and well being and in this case I'm very happy and my well being isn't sacrificed in any way.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
That's a tough one. $15K for a car that was perfect would be a hard pill for me to swallow. But that all comes down to your income and your discretionary funds. I'd make sure the car is perfect. Go over every nook and crany... paint, fit, finish, all the things that have been discovered on other peoples cars.

I mean no disrespect to anyone here, but many of the opinions that were given were based upon job 1 cars. The build was better and people made sure that they were right before being shipped out.

Hope that you get a good one, hope that you have a good service department, hope that you have a good body shop. I hope whoever buys one of these cars, that they are mechanically inclined.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Life is short..... to me, decisions are balanced between happiness and well being and in this case I'm very happy and my well being isn't sacrificed in any way.
I can relate to that - very well put.

OP
OP
MisterScott

MisterScott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT350R
I passed on the car. Really like the color scheme but the lesson of a 1st year GT350 (non R) and it being a COVID special combined with the announcement of 2 more years gave me pause.

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
Well, I am thinking about pulling the trigger. I swore I was not going to buy a 1st year GT500. Own a '19 GT350R, bought a '16 GT350 and learned that lesson, fortunately did not cost me out of pocket. I have a deal negotiated on a Rapid Red Golden Ticket with painted black stripes. Lovely looking car. $15k ADM. Having a very tough time with that. The car is also about 350 miles from me so I either drive it back or pay to have it trailered. However, I have just rolled through the few "issues" thread here and that has given me pause. I am pretty particular about my cars and motorcycles, and these quality issues will irritate me. At nearly $130k out the door, I am in BMW M8 Competition territory and/or 911 territory and for a few more bucks, 911 S. Really struggling with this. I know some folks will say, charge ahead, others may waive me off. Everyone has their own issues that are critical to their respective happiness. However, overall, I am struggling with the value proposition. I could buy a loaded GT Mustang and then get a loaded convertible to boot..... Thoughts welcome.
It is a awesome car, the transmission is incredible, I wasn't sold on the auto till I drove mine. Its no wonder stick shifts are obsolete, I know they are fun to drive but my GOD the DCT is unreal. 15K ADM is a lot but I'll bet the CFTP ADM's don't go down can you afford it and could you find one for less. I'm sure the ADM haters will chime in, they just can't afford it.

Good Luck

edmd007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
The DCT is sick. Itā€™s literally like shifting in a video game when you engage manual w paddle shifters. Instant shift, instant fun. Plus I can wake the neighbors by keeping it in first.

Sponsored

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Iā€™ve never paid ADM for any car, ever. My new ā€˜19 GT350 was around 5K off MSRP.
I donā€™t have what I call stupid money and donā€™t care if I ever do. Stupid money to me means spending more than you have to on anything, unless you have no choice. You have a choice to wait and I see you are. Good move for you. Cars excite me but not to the point of stupid money.

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
Iā€™ve never paid ADM for any car, ever. My new ā€˜19 GT350 was around 5K off MSRP.
I donā€™t have what I call stupid money and donā€™t care if I ever do. Stupid money to me means spending more than you have to on anything, unless you have no choice. You have a choice to wait and I see you are. Good move for you. Cars excite me but not to the point of stupid money.
Like I said ADM hater !!!!!

edmd007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Like I said ADM hater !!!!!
LOL, I suppose girlfriends could be stupid money, or kids or pets........ I mean haters gonna hate.
But , that is the beauty, America allows that.

I think every penny spent on the gt500 is well worht it.....but you know what they say about opinions...

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
Wow beyond WOW is all I can say in disbelief how this forum has gone from ā€ I want a GT500 so bad Iā€™d sell my left arm to no thanksā€. Really sad how now itā€™s the GT500 bashing forum and Ford products as well. And not here to bash others but just amazed and I am a huge Car Motƶrhead to the max beyond max of many brands. Everyone has their opinions but I have voiced this before and many people ask me how I feel about the Ford products to the point high ranking Ford dealer reps. Next time I run into them which I do often and they poke around whatā€™s going on guess I share the unhappiness Others feel about their products. And once again itā€™s all fair to share the reality of what Ford makes but yikes.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Yikes and wow is about right. Who would so staunchly defend a brand when quality has become an issue over many examples? People are speaking up, I hope Ford is listening.

By chance are you trying to get a GT or something?
Sponsored