Threads
Reaction score
Website
aadperformance.com
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
S550 5.0 2.9L Whipple AAD Drag Pak
First off let me introduce myself, I'm Graham the lead product development engineer at AAD Performance; I'm not a salesman so bare with me :)

Some of you may have seen our S550 component unveiling at the Sema show 2021 where we were awarded a global new product award, others may have seen our logo on the sides of many mopars running the drag strip or auto cross course.

At AAD Performance we specialize in engineering elegant solutions to complex IRS issues. We engineer, design, test, and manufacture all our components in house; in Kansas City, Missouri. Our practices has allowed us to help launch a 4200lb Redeye into the 7's

Enough blabbing out us, lets talk about our S550 parts,

First off, probably the most popular upgrade to the rear end of the S550 platform; Vertical Link

IMG_0532 (1).png

Our Billet Vertical link is milled from a solid block of 6061-T6 Aluminum with a reinforced "I-beam" like structure that provides increased strength over factory and other aftermarket vertical links. They are then fitted with our patented Spheriflex bearing which eliminates deflection while allowing for bind free articulation as the suspension compresses. Our vertical links are a great way to decrease wheel hop without increasing NVH.

Available HERE
  • Billet 6061-T6 Aluminum
  • Spheriflex bearings on both ends
  • Decrease Wheel hop
  • No Increase in NVH
  • Increased Strength over stock and other after market solutions

These next two is where things get fun, up next the rear upper control arm (camber arm)

IMG_0533 (1).png

Our Billet adjustable camber arms feature 94A durometer urethane bushings on the inboard side and spheriflex bearing on the outboard (knuckle side). We lock out the factory eccentric cam-bolt slot and utilize our tab adjustment system. Our tab system features stainless steel laser cut tombstone shaped tabs, the adjustment comes from the location of the bolt hole in the tab. The arm and end fit together in a tongue and grove fashion, the arm has fixed bolt locations and the end has slotted holes. This allows the arm to slide in or out to increase or decrease camber based on which tab is used. Ex... a '0' tab would have a hole in the center, a '-9' tab would have a hole 9mm below centerline, and '+9' would be 9mm above centerline. Allowing you to adjust make repeatable adjustments without any guessing...... also allowing quick alignment swaps..... street, to drag, to road course just by removing the wheels and swapping tabs.

Available HERE
  • Spheriflex Bearings
  • No increase in NVH
  • Increased Strength
  • Repeatable Camber Adjustment
  • Easy Alignment Changes

Last but certainly not least is the toe links:

IMG_0643 (1).png

As always, out toe links are milled in house out of solid blocks of 6061-T6 aluminum. Featuring our patented Spheriflex bearing and our legendary tab adjustment system. These are the only toe links youll ever need to get your S550 to track properly. We lock out the sloppy factory adjustment and include an assortment of tabs to get your toe set right. The spheriflex bearing allows the toe to stay set as the suspension travels through compression cycles.

Available HERE

• Spheriflex Bearings
  • No increase in NVH
  • Increased Strength
  • Repeatable Tab Adjustment System
All these components are available in Red, Black, and clear anodize. A very limited amount of blue anodized parts are available as the drag pack (all three components in one kit at a discounted price)

We are excitied to share our success in the mopar community with the S550 community, if you have any questions over these products, spheriflex bearings, or our tab adjustment system please feel free to ask away.

Also give us a follow on instagram @aadperformance and check out www.aadperfromance.com

259734044_4875609712450209_4617367845393346271_n.jpg

260172559_4875609719116875_5252220336687746399_n.jpg

259426030_4875609709116876_8632910726828953589_n.jpg

259612240_4875609715783542_8487082469682051570_n.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
AAD Performance

AAD Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aadperformance.com
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
A little more info on our patented Spheriflex bearing, while similar in appearance to a heim joint; the spheriflex bearing was designed to eliminate the cons of a standard heim joint. Our bearing features either a 17-4Ph stainless steel or 6061-T6 Aluminum (depending on application) one piece ball/shaft that is nested between two self lubricating Teflon impregnated Delrin races. We call these races "crowns" due to their interlocking nature, they look like a crown. These crowns encase the ball/shaft and are then sprung on both sides with stainless steel flat wire springs. These springs provide constant pressure on the ball even as the crowns wear over time, they also allow a small amount of lateral movement hence Spheri......flex. This tiny lateral movement acts as a harmonic dampener, allowing for no increase in NVH.

No more creeking or popping, no clunking sounds. When we initially designed these almost 8 years ago, we tested them on a dodge charger that has seen an insane amount of road course use along with street driving. While the spheriflex is easily rebuildable, we have never sold a rebuild kit or seen any evidence one is needed on some very high mileage hard use cars.

For the TLDR crowd
  • No Creeking, Popping, Clunking, Chirping
  • No increase in NVH
  • Self Lubricating Teflon impregnated Delrin Races; sprung
  • Extreme long life
  • Rebuildable

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
what are the degree increments for the camber arms? I have none adjustable now, and was looking at adujstable if mine move (haven't had it back to the shop yet to check), in order to lock them out.

OP
OP
AAD Performance

AAD Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aadperformance.com
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
what are the degree increments for the camber arms? I have none adjustable now, and was looking at adujstable if mine move (haven't had it back to the shop yet to check), in order to lock them out.
They ship standard with 1mm increment tabs which equates to 0.25degrees of camber change. We do sell 0.5mm increment tabs which equates to 0.125degrees of camber change.

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
They ship standard with 1mm increment tabs which equates to 0.25degrees of camber change. We do sell 0.5mm increment tabs which equates to 0.125degrees of camber change.
thanks that would probably be close enough for what I am doing. with it being a tab system and a lockout I assume the camber should not change at all during use (without bending or breaking something).

Sponsored

OP
OP
AAD Performance

AAD Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aadperformance.com
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
thanks that would probably be close enough for what I am doing. with it being a tab system and a lockout I assume the camber should not change at all during use (without bending or breaking something).
Typically 0.25 degree increments is perfect for camber, but if you'd like the .125degree is available.

You are correct, with ours installed there are no threaded heims to come loose or cam bolts to rotate. Once the tab is in place the camber is locked and will not change till you change tabs.

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
Considering steeda has had these
components out for quite a while already and many folks running them, I’m curious what makes your stand apart from them and others?

I have a Hellcat as well as a 350R and know quite a few buddies who run your parts in their mopar drag cars. So I know you have nice stuff.

Regards

Phillip

OP
OP
AAD Performance

AAD Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aadperformance.com
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Considering steeda has had these
components out for quite a while already and many folks running them, I’m curious what makes your stand apart from them and others?

I have a Hellcat as well as a 350R and know quite a few buddies who run your parts in their mopar drag cars. So I know you have nice stuff.

Regards

Phillip
While the forum rules dont allow me to compare our products to other companies, I can tell you our S550 components share the same design features that put us at the top of the mopar suspension market. Our adjustment design, along with rebuild-able spheriflex that is dead quiet helps us stand out from others. With real engineering, and ethical designs, our parts don't break, which most companies cant truthfully claim.

Dm me on insta @ aadperformance if youd like to get further into the nitty gritty.

Järn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, Ruby Red, A10, B&O, AE
Also, give us a follow on instagram @aadperformance and check out www.aadperfromance.com
Hi, you have a typo in your website address link.
Also, have you made any youtube videos on your parts installed in a Mustang IRS?

I like the pictures on your website, of your three parts together, but a video of the IRS moving up and down would be a lot better.

Thank you

Sponsored
OP
OP
AAD Performance

AAD Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aadperformance.com
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Hi, you have a typo in your website address link.
Also, have you made any youtube videos on your parts installed in a Mustang IRS?

I like the pictures on your website, of your three parts together, but a video of the IRS moving up and down would be a lot better.

Thank you
Haha yes, typing on my phone gets the best of me sometimes. www.aadperformance.com

David van voris should have a couple videos coming out soon on the whole set up. We are also coming up with a way to mount a go pro inside the fender somewhere to show how these arms work in action.

OP
OP
AAD Performance

AAD Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aadperformance.com
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
I have received a couple questions about how the tab system works, we have an old video that Zach (our sales guy) made regarding tab changes on our challenger display cradle. This video should highlight how quick and easy it is to swap alignments.

All it takes is an initial alignment day at the rack, find the tabs that set your camber and toe for street driving and a set of tabs that align you for drag or road course, throw them in a bag labeled accordingly. At the track it'll take more time to pull the wheels off than it does to change your alignment; literally a couple minutes.

This is the only system we are aware of that allows you to make repeatable alignment swaps, quickly too!

Keep in mind the S550 uses the same tab system as the challenger shown in this video, your alignment swaps will be even faster since the S550 only has one camber link.

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
Those products looks very good.

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
Ordered last night the Vertical links and got the tracking number today. Great customer service so far. Will send pictures as soon as I get them.

Thanks again Graham @AAD Performance
Sponsored