A10 trans oil fill plug HELP

Glenn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush,21 CFTP GT500,20 Explorer ST,67 Nova
Wanted to check the fluid in the trans ! Cannot remove the plug (dip stick), my understanding it's on the passenger side on the transmission a 3/4 socket fits it and it will not come loose! Lefty loosie and righty tightly right..LOL
trans plug.jpg
Sponsored

Deleted member 35644

Go to 20:00 Can't imagine (or don't want to imagine) what's going on with yours that a simple unscrew isn't working.

Sponsored

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Must have a leak to add that much.
Or not at operating temp , lv or ulv depending on year , expands like a bitch . Must be at temp or you just over filled it . If that is the case once at temp it will blow out the vent . Then you will be wtf .

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Wanted to check the fluid in the trans ! Cannot remove the plug (dip stick), my understanding it's on the passenger side on the transmission a 3/4 socket fits it and it will not come loose! Lefty loosie and righty tightly right..LOL
trans plug.jpg
Did you review Fact #4 in this thread before checking the fluid level? It’s very important that the 10R80 fluid level be checked at normal operating temps.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...tions-to-harsh-or-no-shift-conditions.135463/

OP
OP
Glenn

Glenn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush,21 CFTP GT500,20 Explorer ST,67 Nova
Or not at operating temp , lv or ulv depending on year , expands like a bitch . Must be at temp or you just over filled it . If that is the case once at temp it will blow out the vent . Then you will be wtf .
The dip stick is about 2 1/2 inch long and the fluid level was just on the bottom of the stick! after adding the fluid to about 1/2 to the top of the stick. I then drove the car for about a 1/2 hour (really hard at high speeds) check it again while it was really hot and then when it was running the difference was about a 1/8 inch higher! The owner's manual state's fluid level is 0.0 to 0.1 in below the bottom edge of the filler hole. So I think it's still a little low, but I will not mess with it any more! I have read some where, where all A10's trans are under serviced from the factory, if you do a thread search you will find out this is true. What made me do this is when I drive this car hard sometimes I could smell something burning just a little bit. And I was installing a carbon fiber drive shaft! So it was a good time to do this. You must understand this car is heavily modified it only has 4k miles on it always doing something to one of my cars, can't keep my hands off them. Retired, was aircraft mech. for 30 yrs then 8 yrs as a machinist making ACFT parts, I'm old now and a lot slower! LOL...

mustang drive shaft.jpg

garage 3 oct 2021.jpg
Sponsored