A10 on dyno question

Mustanggtvert32907

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible
hey guys shop called just got the stage 2 off the dyno and was saying he wasn’t getting the full power on the dyno because the converter would open. Is there something I’m missing to get an accurate dyno reading with the a10 car made 611 with the stage 2 edelbrock kit and canned tuned so not bad I guess
Sponsored

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Tune is not locking the converter up (or not staying locked up when he flat foots the throttle) to get your best number in the 1:1 gear. You need to talk to Edelbrock and find out where they are locking the tconverter up at for personal reference. Doubt they will change that for you, so you may be left with the option of tuning the car through someone like Lund. AED, or VMP. Its not a big deal unless all you do is brag about a number and never take it to the track and see how efficiently it puts the power to the ground.

OP
OP

Mustanggtvert32907

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
Tune is not locking the converter up (or not staying locked up when he flat foots the throttle) to get your best number in the 1:1 gear. You need to talk to Edelbrock and find out where they are locking the tconverter up at for personal reference. Doubt they will change that for you, so you may be left with the option of tuning the car through someone like Lund. AED, or VMP. Its not a big deal unless all you do is brag about a number and never take it to the track and see how efficiently it puts the power to the ground.
Thanks for the info does these affect performance on the street at all or just skew the dyno I was thinking of having palm beach dyno tune it after a while

OP
OP

Mustanggtvert32907

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
Well figured out why number was so low etc they weren’t running it in 7th they hit the dyno in 5th to make sure everything was okay with tune. How much difference is there between 5th and 7th gear

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE
enough ...i bet 35-40 whp

Sponsored

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
From personal experience on the S550 setup Lund is better for auto tuning. Its a close call between Lund and PBD on the engine side. I have had both on my 17 auto. On service and follow up Lund hands down.

OP
OP

Mustanggtvert32907

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
From personal experience on the S550 setup Lund is better for auto tuning. Its a close call between Lund and PBD on the engine side. I have had both on my 17 auto. On service and follow up Lund hands down.
I live in Florida that’s why I was thinking pbd since they are close