Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
No it's not! If it was Ford would not allowed torque converter replacement under warranty then !!

Mine was really bad do!

Out of 6 2018-2019 here in my neighborhood I am the only car affected by the shudder!

Also my friend is a salesman at ford and got 5 different 2018+ as a demo and none got the issues! Not normal!
You will never experience it on a demo. It does seem your box had a fault, but unlike yours a few others above have mentioned they do experience the same thing as I do under very specific circumstances.

I experience no lock up judders on normal daily drives, ONLY when properly hot after a minimum of 50 miles.

Rash and Engineermike seem to have the same as me so I'm not going to lose any sleep over it
Sponsored

steph93lx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 301A A10, Modded N/A 1993 coupe 5.0L
You will never experience it on a demo. It does seem your box had a fault, but unlike yours a few others above have mentioned they do experience the same thing as I do under very specific circumstances.

I experience no lock up judders on normal daily drives, ONLY when properly hot after a minimum of 50 miles.

Rash and Engineermike seem to have the same as me so I'm not going to lose any sleep over it

There are no demo with 200km here. All have more mileage than me. Except my sales friend but he still keep them for 5-8K.

At first it was only when hot on certain gear change when the lock up engage then with more mileage, only 10k it got worse. Mine is really bad. The tech suggest right away tcc converter defect.

If it's stay minimal like yours and some other then it's ok . Mine got to the point were in any condition it vibrate thru de mirror!!

Anyway it warranty . The 2018+ converter is on national backorder . They do have issue with it but Ford is doing is job and change it without hesitation if needed.

Maybe yours will stay like that !

Guitar00Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
Hello. Did anyone get this fixed? It seems I have the same issue. It is really bad after the car is warmed up.. happens every few seconds or so after that typically between 40 and 55 MPH. The car shudders and the visual cue is my vacuum decreasing for a few moments. I had it in to Ford twice so far without a fix. First time I was told the PCM had to be updated. Then I was told it was normal, but I pushed to take the service manager for a ride and he acknowledge it was not normal. They had my car for another week. Told me it was fixed after they changed the MAF sensor and "Active Grille" sensor (Not sure what that is, I thought only Ecos have active grilles).... well... after my car was warmed up on my drive home the shudder began happening again as consistent as it's been the whole time. Now I can't get the dealer to get back to me. I have a case open with Ford now... hopefully I get some answers and a fix soon.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
My guess is the clutch plates aren’t flat anymore. Has anyone other than me noted differences between drive and sport mode regarding the shudder?

Guitar00Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
My guess is the clutch plates aren’t flat anymore. Has anyone other than me noted differences between drive and sport mode regarding the shudder?
Mine seems to do it less in Sport mode, but it still occurs. I think the higher the RPM the less likely it is to happen, Sport mode keeps you in a lower gear.. When I am on a highway going 60+ it has never happened regardless of what mode I am in.

Sponsored

Guitar00Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
The link below is to a Facebook post and video of my car with the issue... is this the same as everyone else? Happens three times at 8 seconds, 32 and 41.

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
The link below is to a Facebook post and video of my car with the issue... is this the same as everyone else? Happens three times at 8 seconds, 32 and 41.

I don't see how that could be considered normal. Excellent video of the problem too.

Guitar00Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
I don't see how that could be considered normal. Excellent video of the problem too.
Thank you. After two visits between the last 20 days the issue has still not been fixed. I opened a case with Ford today... hopefully things change soon. The dealer has been ignoring me for almost a week.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
@Guitar00Dude thats not even close to what I am experiencing. Mine is definitely tied to transmission shifts or torque converter locking, and doesn’t really make any noise.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Agree nothing like mine. Mine only occurs once under acceleration at the point of lockup. It has happened about 4 or 5 times in 4k miles and certainly not something I can demonstrate or repeat.

I think the lockup judder is 'normal'. I don't think your video is normal.

Guitar00Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
@Guitar00Dude I wonder if yours is imrc related.
You know, that was one of the first things I thought about... and I wondered if that is what they meant when they said they replaced the "active grille" sensor. I did not think our cars had them? I thought they were only on the Ecos.... They may have meant the IMRC sensor?

It's almost like they are opening/closing for no reason.

I spoke with Ford today.. kind of in limbo as Ford and the dealer go back and forth to come up with a plan.

A decrease in vacuum would mean they are closing correct? It's the same change in vacuum as if I were to let off the gas pedal a bit.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
The change in vacuum plus the noise is what made me think imrc. If it were mine I would try to unplug them and see if it changes. They have some pretty stiff springs that opens them if there’s no signal to close them.

Guitar00Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
That's a good idea.. If I get nowhere with Ford soon and they can't diagnose it themselves, I will try that and see what happens.
Sponsored