PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
One of my A pillar tweeters on my 2018 has developed a rattle. Can anyone describe how the tweeter is held in or better, how to remove it so that I can find the annoying rattle. It is not the cover that is making the noise. Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
PKs

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
I have similar issue. But for me that is the cover on one of the A pillar speakers. How to remove it?
The cover is easy. It comes off on mine by prising up with my fingernail placed in the small recess.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
My prior 2016 had tweeter grille cover rattles...

1) Go to a local craft store or WalMart. Look for black felt tape or black felt squares with adhesive backing.
2) Pop off the tweeter cover.
3) Cut very thin strips of tape and place them onto the A-pillar tweeter hole edges. Don’t block the slots where the grille cover locks onto the A-pillar. 4) Reinstall tweeter cover, there should be no more rattles.

If you still get a rattle - remove the A-pillar check to make sure the tweeter is secure in its hole. Then place large strips of felt along the metal of the A-pillar frame and back side of A-pillar plastic. Make sure the plastic airbag tether is locked into place as well (this is another source of rattles).

Reactions: PKs
OP
OP
PKs

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
My prior 2016 had tweeter grille cover rattles...

1) Go to a local craft store or WalMart. Look for black felt tape or black felt squares with adhesive backing.
2) Pop off the tweeter cover.
3) Cut very thin strips of tape and place them onto the A-pillar tweeter hole edges. Don’t block the slots where the grille cover locks onto the A-pillar. 4) Reinstall tweeter cover, there should be no more rattles.

If you still get a rattle - remove the A-pillar check to make sure the tweeter is secure in its hole. Then place large strips of felt along the metal of the A-pillar frame and back side of A-pillar plastic. Make sure the plastic airbag tether is locked into place as well (this is another source of rattles).
Thanks for your help. The rattle appears to be in the tweeter itself as when I tap on its perimeter it makes the same rattle as I am hearring when driving. I was wondering how the tweeter is mounted. I did not want to do any damage to it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
PKs

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
So does the pillar just pop off and that then provides access to the tweeter mounting?

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
So does the pillar just pop off and that then provides access to the tweeter mounting?
Yes, the A pillar should come off without too much effort. Just be mindful that there is a plastic string type latch that connects the A pillar plastic cover to the metal A pillar underneath. Some times, the rattle can come from this little piece. For my 2018 GT, the tweeter rattle was from the little dongle that plugs into the tweeter. It was not snug and I had to use a foam type tape to wrap the dongle and that stopped the rattle sound.

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
One of my A pillar tweeters on my 2018 has developed a rattle. Can anyone describe how the tweeter is held in or better, how to remove it so that I can find the annoying rattle.

It is not the cover that is making the noise. Thanks.
You still have bumper to bumper,let dealer do it

OP
OP
PKs

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Yes, the A pillar should come off without too much effort. Just be mindful that there is a plastic string type latch that connects the A pillar plastic cover to the metal A pillar underneath. Some times, the rattle can come from this little piece. For my 2018 GT, the tweeter rattle was from the little dongle that plugs into the tweeter. It was not snug and I had to use a foam type tape to wrap the dongle and that stopped the rattle sound.
Great, thanks for your help.

OP
OP
PKs

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback

Sponsored

Järn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, Ruby Red, A10, B&O, AE
I have what I think is the same problem. I have had the car for 5 weeks now, with the B&O stereo.
The rattling is most noticeable in quiet music like a solo piano, or human voice. It seems to be related to one specific frequency (i.e. "D" note).
If I had to guess I would say it is a defective speaker.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I seem to recall reading that rattles/ noises are excluded from warranty.
Such is covered up to 12k - after 12k they will say it’s not part of the 3/36 warranty...
Sponsored