Random slight A-Pillar leak?

Crayon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Ecoboost "Maggie"
Yesterday, I was out in a downpour and I was heading home and turning into my complex, when the motion of turning left caused some water to come in and land on my lap? I was startled. I've never had a "leak" like this before. Thoughts? Is this common? Here is a photo of the A-Pillar.
1690650728814.png
Sponsored

Snakebyte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
That is not normal. I don't see that you have a convertible like mine, as I had a leak in that area and found that there was a ever-so-small gap between the A-pillar top and the weatherstripping.

Regardless, I'd check first to see if the drain inside the weatherstrip is plugged with an accumulation of pollen, algae, or small objects that can drop from trees, be blown into the "gutter/downspout" that was designed into the weatherstrip.

OP
OP
Crayon

Crayon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! I'll keep an eye on that and look at the drain, too.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
OP
OP
Crayon

Crayon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)

Neko-

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang EB
Well, color me surprised when my (for me) new car did exactly the same as the opening poster showed...

Got sorted today hopefully. This thread did help in determining causes and possible solutions. Was found out to be a weld seam that didn't close fully in that corner of the roof on the driverside.

Seeing the car hasn't seen rain (to my knowledge) during it's life (mostly been an indoor car I assume) that problem didn't really make itself noticable until I took it from the dealer on a stormy and VERY rainy day some 3 weeks ago :)

While it was dried, I was recommended to make sure it got dried out properly, by parking the car dry atleast... Will do that as much as possible.
Sponsored