A New Intake Option!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
This intake looks awesome and I love the airbox design. I think this will be my next mod just for the look/sound
Sponsored

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Another great read, John. I'm curious though,most aftermarket intakes have a BoV like sound which is very pronounced after letting off. What's different in yours, as it seemed far quieter?

I definitely hear the intake sound though, which sounds great.

PS: Will you guys be offering a pre-sale discount for M6G members?

2mnyprojects

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
15 ecoboost mustang
Not a big fan of intakes in general, but this looks like a well thought out and built piece. Might have to pull the trigger on this one eventually.

Edwin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang - Triple Yellow
This looks great! I'm going to have to get one of these. I'd be very interested in the Black or Blue finish. Any chance we can get pics of those?

TheZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 392 Challenger Scat Pack
Might be a CAI i actually buy.. really depends on the price tho.. i just refuse to pay $300+ for 8hp or just sound and looks in some cases when there are other mods that i would put my money into first like a Tuner, intercooler, downpipe ect ect.. that give much bigger gains.. but if the price was right id throw it on my mod list..

Sponsored

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Do you guys plan to do any package pricing? A Mishimoto Intake+intercooler combo would be great

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
the final product looks nice. would like to see another video of how it sounds outside revving
Thanks! We collected some footage with a hood-mounted go-pro late last week. Today we are heading out for some additional in-car and drive-by footage which we will compile into an additional video. Keep an eye out for this one!

I might sell my Airaid race intake and buy this one! Any ideas on price??
Thanks Eric! This full kit should be available through our vendors at just under $330.

This intake looks awesome and I love the airbox design. I think this will be my next mod just for the look/sound
Thanks for the kind words Will!

Another great read, John. I'm curious though,most aftermarket intakes have a BoV like sound which is very pronounced after letting off. What's different in yours, as it seemed far quieter?

I definitely hear the intake sound though, which sounds great.

PS: Will you guys be offering a pre-sale discount for M6G members?
Thanks for taking a look! The BPV is definitely more audible with our intake system installed. You can hear it pretty well in the last clip of the video we posted. Some of the engine noise seems to be impacting the audio from the initial video. As noted above, we will be filming this from some additional locations in an effort to better capture the sound. Look for that in a few days.

Unfortunately it appears as though we will not have time to run a pre-sale for this particular kit. We are set to release this guy before the end of the week.

Not a big fan of intakes in general, but this looks like a well thought out and built piece. Might have to pull the trigger on this one eventually.
Thanks buddy! Let me know if we can answer any additional questions.

This looks great! I'm going to have to get one of these. I'd be very interested in the Black or Blue finish. Any chance we can get pics of those?
Thanks! We should have images of the wrinkle-black option in a few days. The wrinkle-blue piping was an idea and is not something we will be offering on the day of launch. We were simply gauging interest as this is a bit of an unusual color for an intake. :cheers:

Might be a CAI i actually buy.. really depends on the price tho.. i just refuse to pay $300+ for 8hp or just sound and looks in some cases when there are other mods that i would put my money into first like a Tuner, intercooler, downpipe ect ect.. that give much bigger gains.. but if the price was right id throw it on my mod list..
Thanks buddy! Modification plans are certainly up to you and a tune/downpipe will certainly net you more power/$ spent. That being said, the intake we designed is a great upgrade over the stock airbox setup and would be a great addition to the modifications you have listed.

Do you guys plan to do any package pricing? A Mishimoto Intake+intercooler combo would be great
At this time, we do not have plans for any combo packages. The intercooler is still in the R&D process and will be a few months behind the intake. Once we get a bit closer to releasing the cooler, we can certainly consider offering these units together. Thanks for the recommendation!

Thanks for all of the input guys!

-John

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
Hey guys,

Had a chance to put together some footage from road testing. Check it out!

[ame]

Thanks!
-John

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Nice, sounds awesome!

I'm nitpicking here, but turn your phone/camera sideways when recording :p

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
Nice, sounds awesome!

I'm nitpicking here, but turn your phone sideways when recording :p
Thanks! It's actually a GoPro unit. We just started using these so I have a few things to learn. :cheers:

Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Thanks! It's actually a GoPro unit. We just started using these so I have a few things to learn. :cheers:
I think he's referring to the in-car footage. Based on the aspect ratio it does not seem to be a GoPro. If it is a GoPro, then buckle-down and learn how to fix those settings! ;-) :headbang:

-T

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Will there be any support for aftermarket turbos? That connection to the turbo looks pretty definite.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
I think he's referring to the in-car footage. Based on the aspect ratio it does not seem to be a GoPro. If it is a GoPro, then buckle-down and learn how to fix those settings! ;-) :headbang:

-T
Yes, the in-car footage is indeed from our GoPro. Looking into setting this guy up a little better for the next video.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Sounds great
Thanks Eric!

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
Will there be any support for aftermarket turbos? That connection to the turbo looks pretty definite.
Great question! Our intake system will certainly fit with aftermarket, factory-style bottom-mount turbo setups that feature the stock sized inlet. For turbochargers in this location with a larger compressor inlet, we can easily enlarge the silicone hose we use to provide an appropriate connection. As larger setups come to market, we will be looking into offering a kit to cater towards this setup.

For folks running top-mount turbochargers, a custom intake system may be a better bet. Depending upon what is available, we can certainly consider offering a system for a particular setup depending upon its popularity in the future. We will be keeping our eyes on these upgrades to determine our future projects!

Thanks for the inquiry!
-John
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.