Sponsored

A Boy & his Mustang...

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
This is my journey yo. Page FIVE starts the latest (last?) chapter.

---
I have been wanting a muscle car for a while now. For several months I was obsessing over the Shelby 350 GT. I decided that was likely too much right now; power and money. Then the Sept 0% Ford Financing Offer pops up and my search for MY16Stang began.

The must haves were GT with PP. I found A Shadow Black PP 401A Nav. The options I wanted. I found a Triple Yellow PP 400A NAV Enhanced Security. I wanted the 401A, but the Shadow Black did not wow me. That Triple Yellow wowed me. This is a fair weather, summer only, summer fun car for me and the wow factor sold me.

the Mods:

10/1 - Black Chrome Ford Racing license plate bracket from Amazon. MOD #1!!
10/12 - Steeda Jacking Rails from CJ Pony Parts.
10/13 - MBRP Street Exhaust cat back system from Team Beefcake Racing.
10/22 - Finger print free trunk strap & visor black out labels from SpaceCitySpy.
10/22 - Black Pony Tire Stem Caps from Amazon.
11/7 - Painted my engine cover and coil covers. VHT spray paint from local AutoZone.
11/12 - Redline Tuning Hood Struts from CJ Pony Parts.
11/19 - Boomba Racing Sound Tube Delete Kit
12/9 - Anarchy Motive Custom Shift Knob.

1/20/17 - Window Tint @ 20%. Wrapped Roof and side mirrors in gloss black. Done by Manny at Midwest Tint & Vinyl.
2/13/14 - Mishimoto Induction Hose: http://www.americanmuscle.com/mishimoto-intake-tube-blue-1517gt.html
2/14/17 - Steering wheel dress up: http://custommods.tictail.com/
2/22/17 - Ford Performance Decal installed on radiator cover. Ebay.
2/22/17- Big Worm Graphix Hood Decal accents. https://www.bigwormgraphix.com/storefront.html
3/7/17 - Mishimoto Coolant Tank Install. Forum Classified find.
3/28/17 - Uniden DFR7, Radar Mount, & Mirror Tap.
4/21/17 FINALLY! Warranty replacment Mishimoto coolant tank installed. Prior one leaked at the sight tube.
4/25/17 Full on DIY detail. ONR rinseless wash, decon (iron x & clay), rinse, polish, seal, beautiful.
4/28/17 Updated Sync Software via official update & swapped out center counsel USB Hub so Car Play works now.
5/12/17 Added https://zl1addons.com/ front rock guards.
6/19/17 Removed hood insulation & installed Anchor-Room.com under hood Pony decal w/ oval in black carbon fiber.

So here she is, #theColorShow
IMG_0345.jpg
IMG_0277.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
aham23

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Introducing a 3rd car to out two stall garage that could only handle one car was, well, a weekend choir. But we sold some road bikes and lawn equipment. We tossed out lots of things. We hung up all my bicycles and...
IMG_0355.jpg

OP
OP
aham23

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
After making space it was time to focus on the details. Decided to give Adams Polishes and Chemical Guys a go for my first order. It has been 15 years since I put time and effort into detailing a car. I enjoyed that 4 hours and the results.
IMG_0380.JPG
IMG_0404.JPG
IMG_0415.JPG

bigfoot21075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible with Performance Pack
When I first saw the Yellow in person I was immediately struck by its "presence" if you know what i mean. It is stunning in person. THAT is a BEAUTIFUL CAR!!

i agree also, it is fun to detail a car you have passion for - GREAT FIND and congrats! :thumbsup:

Sponsored

OP
OP
aham23

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Welcome! Where from Illinois are you from? Looks to be Dekalb or Huntley area based on the pics! We're in Wood Dale!
Naperville Area. Just about 10 miles from the open roads of Kendall County. Some really nice, flat, low traffic roads between me and Sandwich, IL.

Last edited:
OP
OP
aham23

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Mod one. Removed dealer lic plate frame for a Ford Racing one. Don't be a hater either cause it's totally a mod. :)
IMG_0544.JPG

OP
OP
aham23

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Mod Two. The mod needed before you can really do any other cool modes; Steeda Jacking Rails. Arms are tired from manually wrenching. This old guy needs some power tools.
IMG_0545.JPG
IMG_0546.JPG

Last edited:

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Mod Two. The mod needed before you can really do any other cool modes; Steeda Jacking Rails from. Arms are tired from manually wrenching. This old guy needs some power tools.
The rails are a great mod & you will be happy as you continue to add more fun to your investment!

Best Regards,

TJ

OP
OP
aham23

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
MBRP Street cat back exhaust installed! Not so hard when your good friend, a 4 time cycling Paralympic Medalist, lends you a hand. Gold, Silver, Bronze in London and just back from getting a Silver in Rio. Add in the beard and all his crazy skills and you won't find a cooler dude.

The passenger tail pipe was damage in delivery, but it's just metal and we "worked" it back. The black tips were tough to get on. The black paint/coating maybe? We had to do same gentle hammer work to mount them.

Not too loud, but louder and I got that muscle car sound I wanted!
IMG_0589.JPG
IMG_0591.JPG
IMG_0590.JPG
IMG_0592.JPG

Last edited:

Sponsored

bigfoot21075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBRP Street cat back exhaust installed! Not so hard when your good friend, a 4 time cycling Paralympic Medalist, lends you a hand. The passenger tail pipe was damage in delivery, but it's just metal and we "worked" it back. The black tips were tough to get on. The black paint/coating maybe? We had to do same gentle hammer work to mount them.

Not too loud, but louder and I got that muscle car sound I wanted!
Maybe you can post some sound clips? :D

Did you just jack it up on the differential and place the stands on the jack points? Seems like you have plenty of room underneath.... THANKS!

OP
OP
aham23

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Maybe you can post some sound clips? :D

Did you just jack it up on the differential and place the stands on the jack points? Seems like you have plenty of room underneath.... THANKS!
My buddy started jacking it up at the rear pumpkin. I was like man that's not how they do it on YouTube. :) It would not go high enough anyway.

We used the jacking rails to get it high then placed the jacking stands on the rear pinch points. So one side at a time and we got it pretty high. Was a little difficult yanking the stock system out because laying on the ground you don't have much leverage.

My first time jacking up a car and working on it! Took us about 2 hours, but we had some fit issues due to the damaged tail pipe and the impossible to get on painted tips. Was a ton of fun though.

OP
OP
aham23

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]pGsO8wDx7T8[/MEDIA]"]Cold Start Stock.[/ame]

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]IuqDBIimjKE[/MEDIA]"]Cold/Frist Start MBRP Street Cat Back Exhaust.[/ame]

bigfoot21075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
THAT sounds damn good!!!!

OP
OP
aham23

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Only one 30 minute drive but I am pretty happy. Sitting behind the wheel on that cold start I was like, "Where the hell is my muscle car sound." We switched spots and I was like "Oh Snap there it is."

Totally quite at 2k RPM cruising home. Higher RPMs sounded amazing when I got on the gas. Do not really have experience with drone so time will tell on that.

I really can't believe you just unbolt the stock and bolt on the aftermarket. I should be a mechanic!

I joke. :)
Sponsored