OP
aham23

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Pew pew. Did a little cruising this weekend!

3A847D1D-DF88-43D8-A1DD-DA8813745E15.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
aham23

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Got a littler dirty last weekend. Gonna give Absolute Rinseless Wash a go today.

028EB87F-D4D6-4894-B719-C28F07F56742.jpeg

4A6E3D1D-5F32-4332-A294-BB69E0B56D93.jpeg

OP
OP
aham23

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
How did you like Absolute, and the UBS sponge? Absolute is one of my favorite detailing products.
First attempt using the combo. Can't lie....I did the test run on the Wife's car :).

I have used ONR for years as both Rinseless and QD. I think ONR is a fantastic product still to this day. I can't really say that Absolute blew me away or impressed me. Now I did the car parked in the drive, sorta windy, and in the sun. It looked clean and shinny, but I did not feel like it was "super slick" while washing.

I plan to tackle the Mach 1 this week with an Absolute Rinseless wash. Likely inside the garage and out of the sun. Maybe those conditions will yield better "feels" for me.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
First attempt using the combo. Can't lie....I did the test run on the Wife's car :).

I have used ONR for years as both Rinseless and QD. I think ONR is a fantastic product still to this day. I can't really say that Absolute blew me away or impressed me. Now I did the car parked in the drive, sorta windy, and in the sun. It looked clean and shinny, but I did not feel like it was "super slick" while washing.

I plan to tackle the Mach 1 this week with an Absolute Rinseless wash. Likely inside the garage and out of the sun. Maybe those conditions will yield better "feels" for me.
I hear you on ONR, it might be an older product, but it still a very good product, I actually prefer it over the more popular McKee's N-914.

Absolute was launched to a lot of hype, as such I think people expected it to vastly outperform the competition. To be frank, I don't think it does. But.............I do really enjoy using it for a variety of reasons.

If you want to ramp up the gloss and slickness, try using it on conjunction with Bead Maker. I say this to a lot of people, so excuse me if I'm repeating myself here, but the combination of an Absolute rinse-less wash teamed with Bead Maker as a drying aid is just so addictive.

I actually tried that combo of Absolute and Bead Maker as a spur of the moment thing and immediately fell in love. I would later find out that P&S designed Absolute to partner with Bead Maker, considering how well they work together, that was no surprise to me.

In use, simply follow the usual rinse-less wash procedure. Before you start drying the car with your towel/s, apply a few sprays of Bead Maker to each panel. The result is next level gloss and slickness.

IMG-6161.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
aham23

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
I hear you on ONR, it might be an older product, but it still a very good product, I actually prefer it over the more popular McKee's N-914.

Absolute was launched to a lot of hype, as such I think people expected it to vastly outperform the competition. To be frank, I don't think it does. But.............I do really enjoy using it for a variety of reasons.

If you want to ramp up the gloss and slickness, try using it on conjunction with Bead Maker. I say this to a lot of people, so excuse me if I'm repeating myself here, but the combination of an Absolute rinse-less wash teamed with Bead Maker as a drying aid is just so addictive.

I actually tried that combo of Absolute and Bead Maker as a spur of the moment thing and immediately fell in love. I would later find out that P&S designed Absolute to partner with Bead Maker, considering how well they work together, that was no surprise to me.

In use, simply follow the usual rinse-less wash procedure. Before you start drying the car with your towel/s, apply a few sprays of Bead Maker to each panel. The result is next level gloss and slickness.

IMG-6161.jpg
I am in AZ, the desert, so my concern with Bead Maker is dust. I have not tried it, but I always read it is a dust magnet. My car has Adams Graphene Spray Coating and I have been using their "toppers." Although they have been a bit underwhelming as drying aids.

I'm looking forward to a second go with Absolute and will report back.

I love trying new stuff, but I should work down my current inventory. Lol.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I am in AZ, the desert, so my concern with Bead Maker is dust. I have not tried it, but I always read it is a dust magnet. My car has Adams Graphene Spray Coating and I have been using their "toppers." Although they have been a bit underwhelming as drying aids.

I'm looking forward to a second go with Absolute and will report back.

I love trying new stuff, but I should work down my current inventory. Lol.
Yeah, I can understand that regarding the dusting, it is known for that. I will say that it's really only noticable on darker colors though.

I would also say have a look at P&S Paint Gloss too, that has antistatic properties and is another product I enjoy using.

OP
OP
aham23

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Try number two with Absolute Rinseless wash was on my Jeep. Now the Jeep sits outside, had a light coating of dust that was hardened up by rain. I felt like I was dragging rocks across the paint! That might be a bit dramatic, but it was not super smooth. I should have snapped some pics.

The Jeep is protected with CQuartz and topped with Reload.

Two oz in Four gallons...I must be doing something wrong. Maybe it is the sponge. Maybe ONR is still the champ. Def not ready to try it on my Mach. :)

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Try number two with Absolute Rinseless wash was on my Jeep. Now the Jeep sits outside, had a light coating of dust that was hardened up by rain. I felt like I was dragging rocks across the paint! That might be a bit dramatic, but it was not super smooth. I should have snapped some pics.

The Jeep is protected with CQuartz and topped with Reload.

Two oz in Four gallons...I must be doing something wrong. Maybe it is the sponge. Maybe ONR is still the champ. Def not ready to try it on my Mach. :)
I know that feeling. I'm still pretty new to rinse-less, let's say that 25 years of soap and water is a hard habit to break. It's taking a lot for me to put trust into these products and I'm pushing myself to explore the method fully.

Sometimes, using what you know and like is just better a path to follow. I now know the limits of where rinse-less can be used and where soap is better, if only for my own peace of mind.

One thing I have noticed with Absolute is that it works better in warm water, it seems to mix and perform better. I would also perhaps try using the multiple towel method instead of the UBS sponge and see how you go.

I also know the feeling of a product not living up to expectations. There are a number of products that I have looked forward to, only for them to not suit my style of technique or deliver sub-par results. So, I can understand you questioning Absolute. I'm one of those who don't really love McKee's N-914 where most like it better than ONR or Absolute. I prefer howe the polymer-based products like ONR and Absolute feel over the soap-based N-914. I also know that sometimes products grow on you, so I would keep at it with Absolute.................you never know.

OP
OP
aham23

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
A little maintenance wash before some driving. Hate when the sun really makes the Ford Quality pop.

Granger Ford went all crickets on me when I asked them about roof damage…Risk of buying a car from 1500 miles away I guess.

Still a great February day here in AZ!

CC2D1F66-4081-45B5-B37D-1A58C53CC859.jpeg

31081A81-1F51-412A-97D0-CDEE161ACC51.jpeg

48D24EB7-B267-4812-B1E7-EAA596A8255D.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
aham23

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Cant stop Wont stop.

Right?

E1D32E00-8C9A-4119-9956-2930A13046B9.jpeg

D8BE381E-4D38-4EEF-BFC5-30EC4AA7B7DF.jpeg

E721CC42-D270-4DE3-81A3-2CB6EE68B06E.jpeg

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
I'm resisting getting my Bullitt wrapped in the FJG Mach1 Color. This is NOT helping me............. ;-)

OP
OP
aham23

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
I'm resisting getting my Bullitt wrapped in the FJG Mach1 Color. This is NOT helping me............. ;-)
that Highland Green is nice though. I do think FJG looks better in person in low light. The AZ Sun seems to wash it out in pics. I love it.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
that Highland Green is nice though. I do think FJG looks better in person in low light. The AZ Sun seems to wash it out in pics. I love it.
I'm thinking to change things up at the 3 year mark, get 3 years of coverage on the factory paint. It will also help keep the itch scratched..... Also saving for a set of rims and tires. Looking at the Shelby CS3s.