90% Selling the Bullitt

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
You have to want it! If that's the case, have fun.
Targa would probably be my choice too!

But only a 2010 911 Sport Classic would tempt me out from behind the stove, and it's out of my reach.
The new ones have become too big for me to be a "real" Porsche 911.
This thing has to be small and handy compared to other cars.

As far as maintaining costs are concerned, a Porsche is in a completely different league over here, you could easily afford two Mustangs for it.

Beaujangles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Oh please, you can't be serious...dumping a Bullitt for a 35 year old Eurocar...not in my world, having owned several imports I learned that they are like "trophy wives", high maintenance and hard to keep happy, having said that I think you should do whatever makes you happy and good luck with your decision.

JFBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Oh please, you can't be serious...dumping a Bullitt for a 35 year old Eurocar...not in my world, having owned several imports I learned that they are like "trophy wives", high maintenance and hard to keep happy, having said that I think you should do whatever makes you happy and good luck with your decision.
The 991 isn't 35 years old.

Sponsored

Beaujangles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Oops, I just reread the OP and now realize he was talking about 2 different cars...my bad, but my opinion still stands.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
A 911 Turbo S is my ultimate dream car, but they're a little too rich for my blood these days. A Cayman GTS 4.0 would realistically tick all the boxes.

These days I'm more focused on buying all-terrain dock steps and boats and the Mustang sits and gathers dust more often than not, as would an awesome P car.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
@Bulldog9 the 991 is indeed sexy. It would be nice if you were able to verify (by way of either yourself or a trusted Porsche mechanic) that everything is solid regarding that vehicle and if it’s not, have the mechanic at least give you a detailed recommended parts list of things that need to be changed in accordance with its age), as well as an estimate to perform the repairs. You can then use that info. as a bargaining chip, should you decide to move forward and buy it, and/or decide not to, based on what it would take to make it mechanically sound.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bulldog9

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
For a 2014 911 Targa..... The 1989 944 S2 will be sold. In fairness, it is a fantastic car in it's own right.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bulldog9

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Bet you'll miss the Bullitt's rumble.
Indeed, and why this is a 90% decision. We will see.

Either way, I'm putting the stock shocks and struts back on the Bullitt this weekend.

It all depends if I can make the deal work on the 991 Targa. It really is an amazing car, and does have the active exhaust.......... It is a PDK which is brilliant, but I would prefer a Manual.

Last edited:

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
If I'm not mistaken it was a pic of your black Bullitt on here that made me look into trading in my 2016 GT ... and then when during Covid the dealers put $10k on the hood, it was a done deal.

OP
OP
Bulldog9

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
If I'm not mistaken it was a pic of your black Bullitt on here that made me look into trading in my 2016 GT ... and then when during Covid the dealers put $10k on the hood, it was a done deal.
I bought mine in July 2020, not sure when it was made, but the car has been flawless (other than the terribly soft paint) over the last 4 years and 25k miles. I got $7k off MSRP
Sponsored