Sponsored

90% of my Cervinis GT500 hood arrived today

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Good to hear. My hoods coming tomorrow. They still haven't shipped my side scoops though which doesn't surprise me.
Sponsored

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hood arrived. Was very worried because the bottom on the box was ripped. There is a small spot on the inside of the hood I'll have to touch up. Less than a size of a dime.
I'm not sending it back and waiting another 2 months for that. Everything else was actually included.
Paint looks good too. So other than the 1 spot its good.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Pics???

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Anyone weigh their new hood before install? Cervini says 60lbs. Seems awfully heavy.
Didn't weigh it but after lifting them both the Cervini hood is without a doubt heavier than the factory aluminum hood. The factory hood is quite light, surprised me. Cervini's claims 5 lbs. more but it is more than that.

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah they are heavy. The light Aluminum stock hood comes up at high speeds, you can see the gap. Only hood pins can fix it. My 3” cobra r hood on my Previous 2012 gt was at least 75lbs..

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Would look better if they sent me the louvers for the heat extractors....
ramair50.jpg

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Gutter Guards are not just for gutters anymore!
GutterGuards.JPG

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
very nice ... will the gutter guards be black in color?

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1

Sponsored

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Looks good with the guards. How did you attach them?
I used this https://www.eastcoasthardware.com/9...MI0aCBrv6E6wIVsuy1Ch1J3QF4EAQYAyABEgJ4uPD_BwE

Cut it to fit perfectly around the air intake openings, pushed the cut inserts (cut from a template I made and then trimmed to fit with sheet metal sheers) hard into the tape, it worked great because it sunk into the tape. To finish it off I cut strips of this https://www.homedepot.com/p/Nashua-...Vy9SzCh3gTg9rEAQYAyABEgJgOvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds and applied it on top the metal guards so it formed to the metal and stuck to the remaining exposed double sided tape. Once completed I installed the ram air intake which hides all of that so it looks good when the hood is up. I also installed some Ford performance hood struts and got rid of the prop bar. Aligning the hood took 3 people, me my wife and my son. I will say having the hood struts helped a ton, I would highly recommend them. I think they are about 70 bucks on CJ's and are rated for 90 lbs. which is way more than the hood weighs. I think the hood is like 60 lbs.

And to give credit where credit is due, the color match is perfect and the fitment is exact. You can see the lines in the pics.

Also be VERY careful when tightening the hood down, it doesn't take a lot of pressure to hold it securely in place. Don't crank on those 4 bolts.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Would look better if they sent me the louvers for the heat extractors....
ramair50.jpg
I am on the fence about the ram air / stalker louvers and depth under it, since its all adhesive and no way to unbolt in case debris or leaves get between the louvers into the heat extractors. Maybe a really good narrow vacuum attachment to keep the inside clean than having to yank off the louvers and reapply adhesive.

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
I am on the fence about the ram air / stalker louvers and depth under it, since its all adhesive and no way to unbolt in case debris or leaves get between the louvers into the heat extractors. Maybe a really good narrow vacuum attachment to keep the inside clean than having to yank off the louvers and reapply adhesive.
Never thought about that. Will have to check out how wide the slats are in them when I receive them, supposed to be tomorrow. I keep the car covered up and it's not a daily driver either so hopefully it won't be an issue. My daily is a 2018 Chevy Silverado with the 3rd Century Customs package. It has a zone 6.5" lift with HD wheels and 35" tires, Gibson exhaust, Custom leather interior, custom tinting and other stuff. It came from Chevy like that so I assume it is like the old K2 packages they used to have only this one was 3rd Century.

karbate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
My pre-painted stalker hood ships on the 8th hope all goes well :please:
Sponsored