zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
Hood arrived, but the louvers and rain tray didn’t. CSR manager there told me the louvers were going to overnighted to me the day after the hood shipped, guess I should’ve remembered to follow up on it. Lines up pretty good except pass rear corner near the windshield where it meets the fender line. Large gap there. Paint match is good but there’s a large spot on the pass side where they cleared over something that looks like smudges. Stands out bad in certain light. Such is life I suppose. Will see how Cervinis handles the issues.
489-C4293-A3-A2-4-D42-83-B7-34-BC19241-AFD.jpg
Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
It actually looks pretty slick like that. Too bad it didn't have a glass over that area like the LS9 LSx cars or VMP's TRACK ATTACK car.
That looks like a Kenne Bell blower too. Very nice.

OP
OP
zero_chance

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. It is a KB. I’m old school, have had four of them over the years. Vents will be good for heat release, if I ever get them.

S550_GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
That gap looks like a normal Cervini's gap to me. Mine is the same and also had some trash in the clear coat but it did wet sand out. The paint is SUPER thin so if you attempt to fix it, be very careful. Kinda wish I would have had it painted by a shop.

I will say they were able to match magnetic very well though...which was my biggest worry. Seeing that on your car makes me wish I had waited for the GT500 hood instead of going with the 4" cowl. Looks killer!

This is only my opinion but their customer service is terrible! I had some missing hardware from the side skirts and rear diffuser so I sent them an e-mail through the website..never got an answer. Tried calling the guy who i placed the order with and never called me back. Finally said screw it and got my own hardware. It's a small company so you would expect the customer service to be top notch. Hope your rain tray shows up soon.

OP
OP
zero_chance

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
That gap looks like a normal Cervini's gap to me. Mine is the same and also had some trash in the clear coat but it did wet sand out. The paint is SUPER thin so if you attempt to fix it, be very careful. Kinda wish I would have had it painted by a shop.

I will say they were able to match magnetic very well though...which was my biggest worry. Seeing that on your car makes me wish I had waited for the GT500 hood instead of going with the 4" cowl. Looks killer!

This is only my opinion but their customer service is terrible! I had some missing hardware from the side skirts and rear diffuser so I sent them an e-mail through the website..never got an answer. Tried calling the guy who i placed the order with and never called me back. Finally said screw it and got my own hardware. It's a small company so you would expect the customer service to be top notch. Hope your rain tray shows up soon.
Luckily, Heather the CSR manager and her direct boss were on top of it and are supposed to be sending me a replacement vent and rain tray today, so far the only thing that’s really been pleasant has been the customer service luckily. They didn’t address the paint or delivery issue but at this point if I get my vents and tray, I’ll call it a win and move on.

Sponsored

BeastAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Hood looks good. Any more pictures of the hood at different angles? Good luck with getting the rest of the parts

OP
OP
zero_chance

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
Hood looks good. Any more pictures of the hood at different angles? Good luck with getting the rest of the parts
Got a couple for now.
EA97-EE51-518-D-41-C6-994-B-3-DE0-E1730-E6-E.jpg

EA97-EE51-518-D-41-C6-994-B-3-DE0-E1730-E6-E.jpg

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Surprised you are having good results with Heather. Not me. My card was attempted to be charged twice for mine, but thankfully I didn't have enough to cover the 2nd charge. I did get notified of the attempt though. I talked to I think Clinton who had Kelly call me. I was told they were having issues with their merchant account and the order was refunded and she needed to collect payment. I didn't see any refund so I said lets wait until Monday to reflect that refund. I was told I would be called back. No call, but tmobile was down nationwide. Went to chat got Heather, was told my orders show as paid for. Said would call up to Kelly then said its still being worked on. She said she would call me or email me. Never did. So I talked to Andrew a couple days later who said all orders that had issues with the merchant were refunded the day prior and to give it a few days. I did, still no refund so I contacted yet again and got Heather. She said orders are paid for and only 1 charge and if theres any other charges on my card that look odd to contest them with the card. Huh?
So not only was I lied to I was attempted to get payment 3 times for something that was already paid for. I asked how far along my orders are and Heather said the guy working on them left for the day (this was at 2pm) and would let me know today. So far nothing and I don't expect to receive anything.
I've been reading a lot of complaints lately about paint issues. If I see any spot at all when I receive mine I'm rejecting it. Their customer service so far though has been awful and I thought American Muscle has been bad lately.

OP
OP
zero_chance

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
Surprised you are having good results with Heather. Not me. My card was attempted to be charged twice for mine, but thankfully I didn't have enough to cover the 2nd charge. I did get notified of the attempt though. I talked to I think Clinton who had Kelly call me. I was told they were having issues with their merchant account and the order was refunded and she needed to collect payment. I didn't see any refund so I said lets wait until Monday to reflect that refund. I was told I would be called back. No call, but tmobile was down nationwide. Went to chat got Heather, was told my orders show as paid for. Said would call up to Kelly then said its still being worked on. She said she would call me or email me. Never did. So I talked to Andrew a couple days later who said all orders that had issues with the merchant were refunded the day prior and to give it a few days. I did, still no refund so I contacted yet again and got Heather. She said orders are paid for and only 1 charge and if theres any other charges on my card that look odd to contest them with the card. Huh?
So not only was I lied to I was attempted to get payment 3 times for something that was already paid for. I asked how far along my orders are and Heather said the guy working on them left for the day (this was at 2pm) and would let me know today. So far nothing and I don't expect to receive anything.
I've been reading a lot of complaints lately about paint issues. If I see any spot at all when I receive mine I'm rejecting it. Their customer service so far though has been awful and I thought American Muscle has been bad lately.
Thankfully it hasn’t gotten that bad yet with customer service, but overall the experience has been bad. Literally just now as I’m typing got the email for the vents shipping which were guaranteed shipping to go out yesterday by Heathers boss, Jim. Had to pay a hundred dollars to rent a van to get the hood myself after paying 75 to have it delivered to a residence. Then to find the vents missing and the paint shoddy. I filed a case with PayPal for the paint charges and delivery fee, because Jim chose to not discuss the delivery or paint issues when we spoke.

OP
OP
zero_chance

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
So I was told the missing parts that were allegedly going to be overnighted three weeks ago, would now REALLY be overnighted yesterday. Instead, they shipped today using regular Fedex ground with an ETA of Monday the 29th. So now I get to go through the weekend with a large hole in the hood. Just seems that the better move for customer satisfaction would have been to expedite shipping of a product I was told three weeks ago were going to be on their way; and that’s not even taking into account all the other things that went wrong with the purchase. Good times.

Sponsored

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Wow. Yea I would be fuming over that. Just from my epxperience its obvious they tell you one thing, but do another.

OP
OP
zero_chance

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
Wow. Yea I would be fuming over that. Just from my epxperience its obvious they tell you one thing, but do another.
Yeah I’m just ready to put this whole ordeal in the rear view mirror, and let them deal with PayPal on recouping some of the money I feel was wasted. I’ve always heard Cervinis was the place to go for hoods due to fit and finish, but my one experience with them will now make me an advocate against my customers or anyone I know using them.

OP
OP
zero_chance

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
Update : received the vents and rain tray, an hour after the original shipping company called me to tell me they had another package for me that was never picked up. The matte black paint I paid extra for was done about as good as the rest of the paint, so that sucks. Finally done with I suppose.
89583-BBF-68-A6-49-E4-97-A6-A19-C6-E099-EBD.jpg

936118-D9-C87-C-4532-A41-C-51-B75-D51-C881.jpg

S550_GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
Glad to see you finally got the parts! Does it look like it was sprayed with a rattle can or actually painter properly? Kinda hard to tell from the pics.

I'm pretty sure I'll have my hood repainted at some point, which is shitty considering how much we all have paid for these hoods.

OP
OP
zero_chance

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
Glad to see you finally got the parts! Does it look like it was sprayed with a rattle can or actually painter properly? Kinda hard to tell from the pics.

I'm pretty sure I'll have my hood repainted at some point, which is shitty considering how much we all have paid for these hoods.
Some of it looks good but just like the hood there are several sections where it looks like they let a child learn how to paint for the first time. The vents themselves are naturally semi gloss and there’s a few spots where you can see right through the matte finish to the glossy surface area. I expected a lot better for the money and from the company. I feel like this is what I would have gotten had I went with one of the I5 Autohaus or similar company options, but now I’m not so sure Cervinis was any better.
Sponsored