Sponsored

727HP Roush Phase 2 Supercharger Question?

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I'm strongly looking to pick up a Black 17 GT with Roush Phase 2 Supercharger putting out 727hp. Looking for some insight from anyone who has one as far as driveability, reliability, performance, etc? The car has 3.55 gears! Thanks
Sponsored

cdq85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Boostey Pants
i have a 15 with phase 2. mine has PP and the 3.73 gears so my experience may differ a bit from yours. so far, it has been great (even though i've only put 10,000 miles on it) i did get a custom tune from VMP just because i felt there was more to be desired from the roush tune. haven't had any issues with it at all. it really does drive like stock under 3000 rpm but after that it is a bat out of hell. it's not uncontrollable though even with all the power. first thing you will want to upgrade are those junk pirelli tires as they are useless if you hammer on it in first, second and some of third gear. you may choose to upgrade oil pump gears, axles, driveshaft or clutch but it all depends on how you are going to drive it. if you will baby it and just get on it a few times here and there, you should be mostly fine with the stock stuff. lots of good information on the forum here. use that search button for more in depth info!

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727
Mine is like cdq85's. 3.73 gears. You can see what I did in my tagline. I get on it from time to time, mostly highway driving when I commute to work.

It drives great, no issues. I don't expect to have any. Also like above I plan on getting a tune. I think I will hold out until 7-10k miles. Just to make sure that if I have issues that the SC will still be covered under warranty.

Malibu78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Roush supercharged 2016 A6 Mustang GT, 1978 Malibu
I'm strongly looking to pick up a Black 17 GT with Roush Phase 2 Supercharger putting out 727hp. Looking for some insight from anyone who has one as far as driveability, reliability, performance, etc? The car has 3.55 gears! Thanks
I bought the phase I with 670 hp, 3.55 gear A6. Completely stock with drag radials and front runners it went a best of 10.88 at 129.9. My buddy opted for the a6 3.55 727 package. He has not run his at the track however, same day same dyno he put down 580 to my 568. I converted the car to e85 and it picked up 100 hp with a 79mm pulley. It ran 10.40 at 136.78. The car in both stock trim and e85 has great street manners.

hmperf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Holman Moody Mustang
I run the Phase 2 with stock drivetrain, and have zero drivability issues. its a dream.

Sponsored

malex89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2.3 EcoBoost
Last edited:

estebanvdt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Roush Stage 3 Phase 2
i have a 15 with phase 2. mine has PP and the 3.73 gears so my experience may differ a bit from yours. so far, it has been great (even though i've only put 10,000 miles on it) i did get a custom tune from VMP just because i felt there was more to be desired from the roush tune. haven't had any issues with it at all. it really does drive like stock under 3000 rpm but after that it is a bat out of hell. it's not uncontrollable though even with all the power. first thing you will want to upgrade are those junk pirelli tires as they are useless if you hammer on it in first, second and some of third gear. you may choose to upgrade oil pump gears, axles, driveshaft or clutch but it all depends on how you are going to drive it. if you will baby it and just get on it a few times here and there, you should be mostly fine with the stock stuff. lots of good information on the forum here. use that search button for more in depth info!
What #'s are you putting in? Great difference with VMP tunning?

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
.....first thing you will want to upgrade are those junk pirelli tires as they are useless if you hammer on it in first, second and some of third gear.
What tires are you using to get 727HP to the ground through 3.73s in 1st and 2nd gears?

Last edited:

hmperf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Holman Moody Mustang
I have Nitto's and 1st and 2nd are still useless. I have 305's back there. I have the 3.73's and the updated Roush Tune. The latest tune isnt so bad but I still think it could be better.

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have the Phase I kit and as others have said, it is very user-friendly at low RPM and pulls hard above 4K. I have 3.73 gears, and you do have to keep you foot out of it in 1st and 2nd but not an issue for me as I don't drag it and have no need to street race....I just liking having the power on tap and the rush of 3rd & 4th gear pulls........I don't think you will regret it. ....unless you are expecting a lot of blower "whine", the blower is very quiet....which I prefer, but other's don't.

Sponsored

csmaan12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Oxford White
Well, I don't have one myself, I can tell you that there's a guy that comes to the local hangout spot where a bunch of car guys meet. His is a base GT with 3.31s with a P2 supercharger, and gets the ever living hell beat out of it every moment he's behind the wheel of that car, and it's holding up well. It was bought with less than 1,000 miles on it a few months ago.

He's got 305s in the back I think NT555 tires if I remember correctly, and I can't say I've ever seen him not roast his tires less than 2 times per night.

Best part is you'll never be able to tell his car isn't stock because it looks and drives like any other mustang until he firewalls the gas pedal.

Mighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang RS3

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
727 HP is more than enough to break any tire loose, especially Nitto 555's. No street tire can compete with that amount of power without handling with care.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Jesus....I gotta get a Stage II.

Install looks a bit difficult though.

Dsquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP LB
I recently had a Roush Phase 2 installed on a stock drivetrain. Unless you plan on spending a lot of time over 7k rpm, you really don't need to upgrade the OPG's, axles or driveshaft. I will say I had to relearn the throttle and clutch just a bit in first and second (I'm a little lighter on the throttle now), just because the power is there when you lay into it. I'm running 3.73's without issue, so you would be great with the 3.55's. I also replaced the Pzeros with Nitto G2's, 305 in the back, 285 up front which helps as the stock tires are for crap. Custom tune by Rob Shoemaker here in Northern NJ, laying down some really good numbers. The great thing is at lower rpm's it feels like stock, but as other poster have mentioned, those 3rd and 4th gear pulls are impressive. Best thing I've done to my car yet, it's like an entirely different beast, I say do it, you'll never look back!
Sponsored