Sponsored

700hp possible?

OrangCrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Auto 3.55 - X pipe,Roush axleback
Is 700 hp possible with a 6R80 15 GT Whipple stage 2, 93 octane, and Whipple’s tune?
Sponsored

MrOldschool45

MrOldschool45
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Package
From what I've read in past posts, I'm pretty sure that the Whipple tune will put you at 650whp range. I doubt 700whp. Whipple's tune is conservative but good and safe. I could be wrong about the hp, but I'd bet on 630 to 650whp. Take care

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
prob need a lund tune with good 93 and atleast full exhaust too

96gt4.6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium/A6, 2020 Explorer ST
If it's not making 700+ crank with just the stage 1 Whipple kit there is a problem.

I have the Stage 1 750 HP Whipple kit, and my car is entirely stock right down to the cats/exhaust otherwise. I'm also still running the supplied Whipple tune with only the Octane Adjust turned off, all other safeties are still on.

643 RWHP on pump 91 with 1/2 can of Boostane just because I like ultra safe pulls.

The stage 2's will put down over 700 wheel HP, add exhaust and supporting mods and 750 whp+ is the norm.

Here's my video and sheet:

Sponsored

MrOldschool45

MrOldschool45
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
If it's not making 700+ crank with just the stage 1 Whipple kit there is a problem.

I have the Stage 1 750 HP Whipple kit, and my car is entirely stock right down to the cats/exhaust otherwise. I'm also still running the supplied Whipple tune with only the Octane Adjust turned off, all other safeties are still on.

643 RWHP on pump 91 with 1/2 can of Boostane just because I like ultra safe pulls.

The stage 2's will put down over 700 wheel HP, add exhaust and supporting mods and 750 whp+ is the norm.

Here's my video and sheet:

91 octane plus Boostane = 93 correct?
If you have the Whipple tune, doesn't turning off octane adjust put you at using 93 only? Otherwise it would be adjusted between 91 to 93 with less hp.
So, 643whp on 93(91+Boostane) on the Whipple calibration sounds correct.
Agreed? Take care

96gt4.6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 octane plus Boostane = 93 correct?
If you have the Whipple tune, doesn't turning off octane adjust put you at using 93 only? Otherwise it would be adjusted between 91 to 93 with less hp.
So, 643whp on 93(91+Boostane) on the Whipple calibration sounds correct.
Agreed? Take care
I need to review the mix chart, but I believe that would be 93-98 Octane for 1/2 can on 1 full tank of 91 fuel.

According to the supplied Whipple/Flare instructions, with the 3.750" pulley/91 Octane you can leave the Octane Adjust setting to "Off" if you desire. If you want added protection, or the fuel is questionable 91 Octane, you can turn it on. It goes on to say if you run the 3.650" pulley with 91, you MUST leave Octane Adjust turned on at all times.

I am running the kit supplied 3.750" pulley.

However, you are correct, the Whipple rating as per their website, says the advertised HP is achieved with 93 Octane, but makes no reference if that is with Octane Adjust On or Off. One would assume, that is certainly with it off.

Super happy with the Whipple kit personally, I have raced in 100+ ambient temp days, and there seems to be no heat soak with this thing between passes, as my E/T and MPH each pass was fairly consistent aside from handling the wheel spin off the tree.

Wish I would have got the Stage 2 kit from the get-go though, as was told by members here.....

MrOldschool45

MrOldschool45
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
I need to review the mix chart, but I believe that would be 93-98 Octane for 1/2 can on 1 full tank of 91 fuel.

According to the supplied Whipple/Flare instructions, with the 3.750" pulley/91 Octane you can leave the Octane Adjust setting to "Off" if you desire. If you want added protection, or the fuel is questionable 91 Octane, you can turn it on. It goes on to say if you run the 3.650" pulley with 91, you MUST leave Octane Adjust turned on at all times.

I am running the kit supplied 3.750" pulley.

However, you are correct, the Whipple rating as per their website, says the advertised HP is achieved with 93 Octane, but makes no reference if that is with Octane Adjust On or Off. One would assume, that is certainly with it off.

Super happy with the Whipple kit personally, I have raced in 100+ ambient temp days, and there seems to be no heat soak with this thing between passes, as my E/T and MPH each pass was fairly consistent aside from handling the wheel spin off the tree.

Wish I would have got the Stage 2 kit from the get-go though, as was told by members here.....
Thanks for the good info. Congrats on your setup and numbers. I've got the Whipple Stage 2 and calibration, but I've never had it on a Dyno. I just missed a Dyno day by a week:facepalm:. Take care

Sponsored

96gt4.6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So far my best is an 11.6@125. Corrected D/A of 4200 ft, a little over 80 water grains. That was on my 255 Nitto NT05 (Not R's), using the boost by gear feature to run about 2 lbs of boost in first, and leave off idle. 60' was 1.89. Then, I run full boost 2nd onward. I have since moved up to different wheels/tires and moved to a 305 Nitto NT05, however have yet to get a good pass in.

1st is always going to be useless for me even at the strip until I get a 'real' tire, but I refuse to buy seperate wheels just to mount actual race tires to for the strip, so I compromise with the NT05's and leave them on at all times.

The car has a high 10 at my altitude/track conditions if I could stick it and open up 1st to all the boost, but i'm very pleased with a mid 11 on a 255 at my track/location, and having only the stage 1 kit.

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
Is there ways to firm up the transmission shifts on the 2017 mustang whipple tune?

96gt4.6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not that I am aware of. You can tell they are heavily torque managed during the shifts, as on my logs you see the power/throttle body dip each shift. However, I would like to believe this is for two purposes, to help maintain drivetrain longevity, and it also helps you keep from breaking traction each shift. Back when I was naturally aspirated I had the tune setup so the trans barked the tires pretty good on the 1-2 and 2-3 shift, but if that were to occur with this setup, it would be slower as it would just continue to spin after the bark, I think.

With the proper tires though, having the power on through the shift would certainly net a faster E/T, the question would be though at what cost to the trans life/longevity.

Just my thought, no facts or evidence to back any of this up.
Sponsored