6thGen Camaro Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClevelandV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully 2020 GT or HP Ecoboost
I disagree. The casual buyer does not want to buy a turbo car because most buy into a lot of the misinformation about them. They will pay the slight bump for the V6 because the imaginary savings in maintenance and reliability. Don't believe me, check your own forum. They know less about turbo cars then most over here.
The casual buyer seems to have no problem buying the Ecoboost Mustang, and that is the mid-level engine, accounting for a good chunk of sales.

If price is the main yard stick for sales, people would be clamoring for the V6 Mustang. Ford seems to be puposely keeping availability of the six cylinder to a minimum to bump up sales of the T4.
Sponsored

ClevelandV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully 2020 GT or HP Ecoboost
wrong wrong wrong. Look at the ATS sales. The 2.0 sells more than the 3.6. The 2.0 also gets a big bump in MPG and its more than a 1000 bucks cheaper. It will sell more than the 3.6. I'll bet you a six pack.
Correct...And it has been said that the 2.0 is far more entertaining to drive than the 3.6 in the ATS.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
You're comparing a previous gen year car to a whole new gen model year of sales.

You're comparing barely a month of new G6 Camaro sales where most dealers don't even have them on lots yet and if they do it's 1-2 max.

You're comparing a full model line-up where the competition has only 2 of their 3 out and not even the mass engine seller.

You cannot make any real assessment that anyone would take seriously until the spring when all models are on lots and they have filled the lots with the new gen model.

The 2.0 will be a big seller for them. You see a lot of V6 Camaros everywhere...just like V6 Mustangs so having a new entry model will help them sell it. No doubts.

Of course. There arent even some dealers that have them yet. No one can make a solid estimate here at all with the cars not even at dealers. This isn't rocket science but obviously the OP doesn't get it.

You don't hire that many people unless there is demand for the car. No matter what, its more people meaning demand is up.

And like it or not the Camaro is getting great reviews in all magazines, even magazines that arent car based but have write ups from time to time on cars/buyers.

And for car mag/reviews....just a day ago, MA just said they'd take the SS over a GT350 as car to buy in 2016. Over a GT350....

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1100915_chevy-camaro-ss-motor-authoritys-best-car-to-buy-2016

It's WAAAAY to early to know what the #s are going to be, but if you go by the hiring/reviews, they are going to sell a lot of this car.
Thats just stupid. Assuming its a base gt350 and they paid no adm. Because some people are paying just mrsp.

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
The casual buyer seems to have no problem buying the Ecoboost Mustang, and that is the mid-level engine, accounting for a good chunk of sales.

If price is the main yard stick for sales, people would be clamoring for the V6 Mustang. Ford seems to be puposely keeping availability of the six cylinder to a minimum to bump up sales of the T4.
Yes they do. There have been over a dozen people on this forum alone that said they wanted the V6 but couldn't get it with premium so they had to get the EB. Most claiming they did not want a turbo car. 6th Gen buyers won't have that problem.

I will also add the best thing helping potential sales of the turbo 6th Gen is the performance success of the EB. A lot of guys on C6 are using it as a measuring stick of what the 6th Gen can do, and Chevy has historically had potent turbo cars.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Thats just stupid. Assuming its a base gt350 and they paid no adm. Because some people are paying just mrsp.
Some people are, but I cannot find a dealer who is currently selling one at MSRP. It's at least a 5:1 ADM to no-ADM ratio. It ruins the performance bargain of the car. Right now there's a cars.com ad for a 82.5k Tech Pack GT350 on my page. Damn greedy ass dealers.

Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Some people are, but I cannot find a dealer who is currently selling one at MSRP. It's at least a 5:1 ADM to no-ADM ratio. It ruins the performance bargain of the car. Right now there's a cars.com ad for a 82.5k Tech Pack GT350 on my page. Damn greedy ass dealers.
Yes...unfortunately even my local "MSRP or under" dealer has a $10,000 markup on the GT350TP they've got on their lot...

Kind of disappointed me..honestly. They used to brag how they were MSRP or under, period..apparently greed overcomes that principle of theirs.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Of course it isnt in abundance. I wasnt suggesting that. But its happening enough that it is doable. The idea the at passing that its remotely comparable or the same caliber of car is f'ing hilarious. It makes them morons. If you're budget limited of course youd look at a cheaper camaro 1ss If you have money and arent limited a loaded camaro is not comparable.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Of course it isnt in abundance. I wasnt suggesting that. But its happening enough that it is doable. The idea the ate passing that its remotely comparable or the same caliber of car is f'ing hilarious. It makes them morons.
I'd argue it isn't doable, at least not now. If you, or anyone, can find an MSRP deal for a 350 I'd buy it right now. 350R? I doubt you'll ever see one for MSRP.

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I'd argue it isn't doable, at least not now. If you, or anyone, can find an MSRP deal for a 350 I'd buy it right now. 350R? I doubt you'll ever see one for MSRP.
I dont expect the R to ever sell at mrsp. I doubt many are going to share if they found a Non R at mrsp and pass it up. If you're looking, you are able to buy. I still see frequently enough people finding them at mrsp. At least more frequently than id think being everyone talking about adm.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
How do you explain the Mustang nearly doubling it's previous months sales in it's first full month on the lots...yet the Camaro only increased 33 cars?
Because Camaros barely were on lots IF AT ALL.

The local Chevy dealers around here in NOVA only had one LT on the lot through the 1st week of December. Another had one LT and one SS.

At Xmas up in Western MD where I went to visit, they didn't even have 1 on the lot at the local dealer...still hadn't gotten their 1st one in. They FINALLY got 3 in last week.

Ford bar none got their cars to lots faster the first few months.

...all I'm saying is wait till we can get a full month of actual inventory on lots to get a real comparison drawn.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
wrong wrong wrong. Look at the ATS sales. The 2.0 sells more than the 3.6. The 2.0 also gets a big bump in MPG and its more than a 1000 bucks cheaper. It will sell more than the 3.6. I'll bet you a six pack.
Agreed and especially with women it will sell a lot of it for DD.

If their Turbo has some absurd #s they are going to sell a bunch of these to modders. If it blows the EB out of the water then they'll sell even more.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.