Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Magnetic Metallic
Mustangs are not supposed to be a uncommon/unique vehicle anyways. Anyone who thinks it's supposed to be a special car is a fool. Excluding the special models I.E GT350, GT500, etc. but at the end of the day they're still Mustangs, not a $100K+ exotic.
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
And who really cares whether the Mustang outsells the redesigned Camaro?

A lot of the sale volume depends on manufacturer & dealership incentives...since the Mustang is no longer a new model...the dealership's are offering huge discount on S550's...I assume the new Camaro is being sold closer to sticker...but that will change at some point...

Actually...Mustang S550's are becoming a very common vehicle...thus losing a bit of their uniqueness...selling more vehicle is not always a good thing!

FYI...I've driven a new Camaro...I prefer the Mustang due to to the beautiful S550 styling...but the Camaro is a great performer!

:cheers:
Selling a lot of S550s is a very good thing. It insures Ford will continue to invest heavily in the Mustang. I can remember when the Mustang was almost a Probe.

NasaStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium CO A6
Saw the first 6th gen camaro (that i could tell atleast) which was on center at my work, a black RS. I had to walk over and look at it to really tell it was a 6th gen. I think its a great car from the performance stand point and the looks dont bother me, but it didn't do it for me like looking back at my mustang does as I walked away does.:ford:

ClevelandV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully 2020 GT or HP Ecoboost
I think GM got caught up in thinking that the Camaro5 forum was the same buyer as the general public, they listened very closely to what the enthusiast wanted, but did not consider what the general pubic/ regular person was looking for in a sports car. They blew it with the roofline.... again.

I like the interior but that whole 69 Camaro on steroids theme is played out. The movies also helped sales at first but I also think now is the biggest liability for any adult looking to buy, they want to feel like that have a fun machine and not a prop to a kids movie.

By the way is the Dodge X-Wing out yet? lol
Totally agree with this. GM has said that they listen to their customers, and gave them what they wanted with the new Camaro.

Problem is, they asked current 5th gen. owners what they wanted to see in the 6th gen....And it is obvious that a high percentage of them said "Don't mess too much with the styling".

They should have asked the people who decided against buying a Camaro what they wanted to see in the next gen. car. These people could have been future buyers of the Camaro.

We will see how this all pans out throughout 2016. My prediction, as others have said, is that the Mustang will outsell the Camaro again this year.

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
GM missed the mark when they went all in on continuing to 'update' the retro body style which never looked good in my opinion to begin with.

Sponsored

mdnt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT/PP RubyRed

danny0441

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt DIB
Mustangs are not supposed to be a uncommon/unique vehicle anyways. Anyone who thinks it's supposed to be a special car is a fool. Excluding the special models I.E GT350, GT500, etc. but at the end of the day they're still Mustangs, not a $100K+ exotic.
your very right but the 5.0 seem to be a little rare atleast in my area i see alot of 6 and 4 cyl but rarely bump into other 5.0s

Marino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moped

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
I think GM got caught up in thinking that the Camaro5 forum was the same buyer as the general public, they listened very closely to what the enthusiast wanted, but did not consider what the general pubic/ regular person was looking for in a sports car. They blew it with the roofline.... again.
You hit the nail on the head here

Do you remember all the hate the new Mustang styling and the Ecoboost got on forums?
The S550 went on to become the best selling sports car in the WORLD.
and the Ecoboost is a massive sales success.
the-ford-mustang-ecoboost-is-winning-the-muscle-car-war
ecoboost-engine-propels-ford-mustang-sales-explosion
how-ecoboost-mustang-dominating-southern-california
ecoboost-mustang-selling-quicker-v8-gt

Listening to a bunch of fanboys on a forum is probably the worst way to design a car that will sell to anyone not on that forum, like you know the other 99.999% of people in the world. just look at how many die-hard Import fans like me are now firmly in the Mustang fold.

Mr Monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
Camaro's are just getting to the lots in my area. I had to drive 75 miles to see the closest one. I did an Autotrader any distance search for new 2016 Camaros & got 1,200. Did a search for new Mustangs & got 22,000.

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
And who really cares whether the Mustang outsells the redesigned Camaro?

A lot of the sale volume depends on manufacturer & dealership incentives...since the Mustang is no longer a new model...the dealership's are offering huge discount on S550's...I assume the new Camaro is being sold closer to sticker...but that will change at some point...

Actually...Mustang S550's are becoming a very common vehicle...thus losing a bit of their uniqueness...selling more vehicle is not always a good thing!

FYI...I've driven a new Camaro...I prefer the Mustang due to to the beautiful S550 styling...but the Camaro is a great performer!

:cheers:
:doh:.....It is if you want the Mustang to stick around for another 50 years. Remember when the Camaro wasn't available for about 8-9 years?

flaps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
Look at the Camaro sales from when it originally came out in '09. It took until the 3rd month for its sales to start to peak. So next month will probably be a much better indicator than this month.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
another thing that hasnt really happened yet is the 2.0. I think that will help a bit for the Camaro. But I still do not see it beating the S550.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.