60-130mph times for boosted cars

M-Driver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oliver
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
In fact, running a long rip in the cold on a stock motor with big power is a nice recipe for ring expansion and eventually bind and scrape/boom.....sad face.
You don't even need big power and cold temperature. 20 degrees celsius and 700 crank HP were enough to finish off my engine with 3-4 pulls between 180-270 km/h. I didn't knew about that ring gap thing.
Sponsored

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
You don't even need big power and cold temperature. 20 degrees celsius and 700 crank HP were enough to finish off my engine with 3-4 pulls between 180-270 km/h. I didn't knew about that ring gap thing.
We also see this in hero pulls on a dyno under less than ideal conditions where a huge SAE correction factor is applied. Just because the dyno spits out a number the motor can "theoretically" make doesn't mean the physical components can handle it. Cold weather has smoked many a motor that's been tuned under warmer conditions.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
e85 will keep cylinders cooler
We also see this in hero pulls on a dyno under less than ideal conditions where a huge SAE correction factor is applied. Just because the dyno spits out a number the motor can "theoretically" make doesn't mean the physical components can handle it. Cold weather has smoked many a motor that's been tuned under warmer conditions.
IMO this is just because of inadequate fuel system and going lean possibly. Also hot IATs can lead to knock which kills ringlands. Overall I think E85 with a proper fuel system basically mitigates alot of the risks by keeping cylinders cooler and also just being very knock resistant. Also I think ceratec may help reduce friction which will reduce heat on the rings.

Last edited:

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
A low fuel tank and hot IAT's is what killed my 913whp stock gen 3 running e85, return fuel system on 1050x's.

IMO, If you want your 900hp stock engine to last more than 1 summer, be somewhat conservative with timing--id ask your tuner to not go more than 17 or 18*--keep boost at or under ~13-14 psi, never let your fuel tank go below 1/2, run a return system on e85, and keep IATs in check.

My OPGs looked brand new in my blown up gen 3 lol. OPG is the last thing I'd worry about, same with timing gear. (although im upgrading both now that im building motor).

The best way to limit ring contact risk is just to NOT do rips over 130.
Most of these cars have power to trap at or over 150 so..... kind of blows that out the window.

Daniel5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
To be clear, you are leaving the throttle wide open (banging of the rev limiter) and then grabbing the next gear, correct? Is that the NLS in essence?
No. No lift shift should cut ignition for milli seconds for you to shift then power should come back in after you have made the shift. Look up n2mb or ffrp has a strategy in the Mach 1 tunes that have it

Sponsored

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
A low fuel tank and hot IAT's is what killed my 913whp stock gen 3 running e85, return fuel system on 1050x's.

IMO, If you want your 900hp stock engine to last more than 1 summer, be somewhat conservative with timing--id ask your tuner to not go more than 17 or 18*--keep boost at or under ~13-14 psi, never let your fuel tank go below 1/2, run a return system on e85, and keep IATs in check.

My OPGs looked brand new in my blown up gen 3 lol. OPG is the last thing I'd worry about, same with timing gear. (although im upgrading both now that im building motor).
Damn my whipple on 18lbs with 21 degrees of timing on a stock motor for the last 3 years should grenade any minute then! đź«Ł

MoneyPit#53

Sheeple Shepherd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0
Stage 2 Odin 93 Octane. BC Stage 2 MT82D4. Gen3 car.

Better shift would have put me into the 6’s for sure. Not too shabby for a daily pump 93 car.

IMG_1084.png