5W50 of 5W20 for the Mustang GT?

AndreG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
SMH. Your first hand experience is you need to use 5/50 in a car that is not yours, you didn't drive, your car lost a bearing driving home in a car that you just had serviced at a quick lube that you don't track but run 5/20 but you were coming home from a track day. Please correct me if I'm wrong it's hard to keep up with all your tales...that have no video.
Let me armchair race in peace ok. Also video games do teach a lot. My friend said he will have data for you to study.
Sponsored

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
Let me armchair race in peace ok. Also video games do teach a lot. My friend said he will have data for you to study.
What? so are we to understand your video game Mustang had a failure at 2K miles? I'm so confused are you an actual person or just an avatar? You had really strong opinions on what oil to use yesterday so I just want to make sure you are talking about your internet Mustang, which I would be running -50/0W because I was able to score the protection bubble in level 233. Super low drag adds like 50HP.

Waldorf

Old School
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3Y PP
Personally, I've never run 5w20 in any engine, and I've owned alot of Fords. A few that have gone 300k+

Pennz Ultra 5w30 for a long time. ;)
You bet. I've still got a '93 T-Bird with the pushrod 5.oh with 380k on it... engine's still fine - tranny died. Calculated I've put more money in gasoline into the car than I paid for it brand new. Nothing but Pennzoil Ultra 5w30 in that one. Pushrod? What's a pushrod? Anything like a distributor?

And Tim, As a footnote... "I read it on the internet, so it MUST be true." :D

That is all...

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
What? so are we to understand your video game Mustang had a failure at 2K miles? I'm so confused are you an actual person or just an avatar? You had really strong opinions on what oil to use yesterday so I just want to make sure you are talking about your internet Mustang, which I would be running -50/0W because I was able to score the protection bubble in level 233. Super low drag adds like 50HP.
Mr. Hilliard- please look no further than his forum signature. That is all you need to know about him. He is Michael Schumacher Jr. He owes no one an answer as he knows it all:D.

AndreG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
First of all, my internet mustang is way cooler than yours.

Also, I did once track my rustang. It broked because oil went blah. After speaking to the regulars at the track they advised me to never use 20 because it thins out at high temps. They have been doing this all their life so they learned a thing or two about keeping engines running at the track. Ford mechanic said the same thing. It would be foolish to go against that information, especially since I looked at my dipstick after my last run....it had thinned the hell out. I'm sure there are 20weight oils out there that don't thin out at high temps, however I don't access to those.

0-20 is fine for daily driving, even spirited driving. What you do at the track can be considered spirited street driving, of course you haven't had issues. I'm excited to see how long that will last for you though.

True story: I once ordered a mustang that took too long to arrive. I bought a different one and when the one I ordered arrived my friend bought it. Now we have matching mustangs.

So even though your detective work with the photos was top notch and you figured out that it was me (same youtube channel, what are the chances!?), that wasn't MY car.

Mr. Hilliard- please look no further than his forum signature. That is all you need to know about him. He is Michael Schumacher Jr. He owes no one an answer as he knows it all:D.
I'm not Michael, he is a great driver but I'm not a fan of his face, it looks a bit weird. I certainly don't know it all, however I do know one thing: my 5-oh is way faster than yours.
stang.jpg

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
First of all, my internet mustang is way cooler than yours.

Also, I did once track my rustang. It broked because oil went blah. After speaking to the regulars at the track they advised me to never use 20 because it thins out at high temps. They have been doing this all their life so they learned a thing or two about keeping engines running at the track. Ford mechanic said the same thing. It would be foolish to go against that information, especially since I looked at my dipstick after my last run....it had thinned the hell out. I'm sure there are 20weight oils out there that don't thin out at high temps, however I don't access to those.

0-20 is fine for daily driving, even spirited driving. What you do at the track can be considered spirited street driving, of course you haven't had issues. I'm excited to see how long that will last for you though.

True story: I once ordered a mustang that took too long to arrive. I bought a different one and when the one I ordered arrived my friend bought it. Now we have matching mustangs.

So even though your detective work with the photos was top notch and you figured out that it was me (same youtube channel, what are the chances!?), that wasn't MY car.

I'm not Michael, he is a great driver but I'm not a fan of his face, it looks a bit weird. I certainly don't know it all, however I do know one thing: my 5-oh is way faster than yours.
Yeah, I am sure your 5.0 is faster. I mean, you are the end all, be all race car driver on M6G and beyond. Typical young guy, flapping his gums.
image.jpg

AndreG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Yeah, I am sure your 5.0 is faster. I mean, you are the end all, be all race car driver on M6G and beyond. Typical 25-26 yr old punk with a big mouth.
You can clearly see my mouth is a reasonable/average size by the photo above. Your math is a little off though.

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
I'm just wondering why you continue to mislead us and be untruthful. I struggle with that and when you respond to a question you tell a different story. When your "friend" gets data for your video that will just be you putting the data up right? Are you twins? Your friend was driving his car but didn't have a youtube account so you posted it because you don't track your car because you just got it back from the dealer replacing the crank and block from a bearing failure that was deemed a defect and not because of the massive g's you experience with your stock P-Zero's(that apparently are worn out at 2K miles) and 0/20W oil tracking your car and it failing while driving home, not actually on track because you don't track it. But there is more....that wasn't your friend, that was you driving your friends car which you admitted to above but I'm curious why your friend wouldn't be driving it and you driving your own car? Maybe your friend was driving your car? Maybe you just have two exact cars and no friends at all :shrug:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
You can clearly see my mouth is a reasonable/average size by the photo above. Your math is a little off though.
You were 25 in 2013. So you're 27. Damn. I was off by a year. Best of luck to you in getting your stories straight.

Sponsored

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
I'm also curious because the one you were driving in the video, or your friend.. I lost track, is a premium 400/401A car with what appears to be like new tires. The one on the right is a 300A with tires that look more worn. But that's not my point, my point is you just said that you ordered a car, bought the same one off the lot, then your friend bought your ordered one. So you ordered a Premium and bought a Base? I just want to get today's story straight in my mind.

AndreG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I'm also curious because the one you were driving in the video, or your friend.. I lost track, is a premium 400/401A car with what appears to be like new tires. The one on the right is a 300A with tires that look more worn. But that's not my point, my point is you just said that you ordered a car, bought the same one off the lot, then your friend bought your ordered one. So you ordered a Premium and bought a Base? I just want to get today's story straight in my mind.
You can tell how worn the tires are from that photo? Jesus you're a bigger phony than I am. Truth is I don't even own a mustang. It's dads car. He's a cool dad and lets me drive it sometimes. That photo is just photoshopped, can't you tell by the pixels?

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
You can tell how worn the tires are from that photo? Jesus you're a bigger phony than I am. Truth is I don't even own a mustang. It's dads car. He's a cool dad and lets me drive it sometimes. That photo is just photoshopped, can't you tell by the pixels?
I'm a phony because I can clearly see tread on the tires allegedly used to make a youtube video in a name you claim ownership of?

Anytime a Moderator would like to come in and sweep up trolls who continue to misrepresent themselves, that would be great. :dnftt: