Sponsored

50th anniversary appearance package questions

johnnyblack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
I'm interested in what comes with the 50th anniversary appearance package but want to make sure I understand how it's optioned. I believe it includes:

- Corraled pony grille
- "50 years" faux gas cap
- 19x19 anniversary style all-season Pirellis in luster nickel finish
- 50th anniversary door and seat trim
- 50th anniversary floor mats

*Available only with the Premium trim level

What else am I missing that we know?
Any performance upgrades?
Is it available in all 2015 colors?

I know we have seen a Triple Yellow car with this package...

What about this Guard car from the spy shots? It has a faux gas cap but no "50 Years" and no corraled grille. Is this a prototype issue or are these being offered as individual options by any chance?
Sponsored

jmstang66

Performance Media Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
From what the Ford rep said at the Charlotte show, the 50 Years Edition will only be available in Whimbledon White and Kona Blue, will be based on the Performance Package car, available in automatic or manual (only time a PP will be offered with an auto), leather/cashmere interior, special wheels, louvered glass (that won't be on any other car), corralled pony, faux gas cap, 50 years plaque on dash, only 1964 made

Where was that TY anniversary car? actually looks pretty good! I'm assuming you can get the corral, faux gas cap etc from the Ford catalog

GTsquid

^^You are talking about the 50 Year Limited Edition. Johnny is asking about the 50th anniv appearance package. It shows up in the order banks too. It's no surprise, they offer one every 5 year anniversary. The only difference this year is they decided to come out with a separate limited edition to commemorate it.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
From what the Ford rep said at the Charlotte show, the 50 Years Edition will only be available in Whimbledon White and Kona Blue, will be based on the Performance Package car, available in automatic or manual (only time a PP will be offered with an auto), leather/cashmere interior, special wheels, louvered glass (that won't be on any other car), corralled pony, faux gas cap, 50 years plaque on dash, only 1964 made

Where was that TY anniversary car? actually looks pretty good! I'm assuming you can get the corral, faux gas cap etc from the Ford catalog
^^^ The 50 Year Anniversary Edition (1,964 being made) and the 50th Anniversary Package are two different options.

Wild Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT
^^^ The 50 Year Anniversary Edition (1,964 being made) and the 50th Anniversary Package are two different options.
Then what's the point in offering the limited edition version with all the markup if the only differences are a plaque and color? I don't see how Ford is going to sell them when you can just buy the "package" for $1500 more. How do you guys know these are two different options?

Sponsored

GTsquid

Wild Stang, check out Brian's posts below. There is an option for the package. As for why Ford would also sell the limited edition, from what I understand its basically fully equipped, the only auto that comes with the PP, 2 unique colors, unique chrome trim, two tone cashmere upholstery on the interior, 50 year logos on the seat backs, etc. Not enough for me to want buy it with the guaranteed markups but some people might. They'll sell out of every one of the 1964 they make for sure.

Free standing option for those who can't get ahold of the limited edition 50th Anniversary P8R. The 975 option code gets 19" wheels, 50th anniversary door & seat trim, and 50th anniversary floor mats. It should not be confused with the much more elaborate limited edition model.
I assume this mean that a premium trim level is required to get it. It that correct?
You are correct, Tony. The base model GT has the following available options...
  • Recaro Seats
  • All Weather Floor Mats
  • Spoiler Delete
  • Engine Block Heater
  • Enhanced Security Package
  • Automatic Transmission
  • 3.55 Limited Slip Differential
  • 3.73 Torsen Differential
  • DRL's
  • Smokers Package
  • 18" Aluminum Wheels
  • Spare Wheel/Tire
  • GT Performance Package
  • Reverse Park Assist
The Premium Array GT's (400A & 401A) get those same items as options, plus the following...
  • Adaptive Cruise Control
  • 19" Painted Aluminum Wheels
  • 20" Machined Aluminum Wheels
  • Premium Trim CAG
  • Navigation System
  • 50th Anniversary Package (19's & 50th Annv Mats, seat/door trim)
More info to follow as time allows. Thanks for your patience.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
That is different than standalone option 975 - 50th anniversary "appearance package".

To the OP, it would appear that you have the list of item, but I haven't seen full confirmation on all those items from either of our dealership friends who post here. They've mentioned some but not all items in your list. However, between the photos and the posts, it seems to be correct. Also, you can't get this on the base trim level for the GT at least.

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Lightning, 87 GT
What I want is the louvered windows! lol!

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What else am I missing that we know? Your list seems complete
Any performance upgrades? No
Is it available in all 2015 colors? Would seem so

What about this Guard car from the spy shots? It has a faux gas cap but no "50 Years" and no corraled grille. Is this a prototype issue or are these being offered as individual options by any chance?
Darn good question...the screen shots and order codes we've seen so far don't seem to indicate the rear applique on the decklid are options.

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
What is the door trim? Just the coloured insert? So all 50th packages come with the white cashmere leather?

Seems like a lot of "junk" to add on just to get the 19" anniversary wheels... (I like the 20"s and 18"s but not so much either of the regular 19"s)

Sponsored

Fenderaddict2

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fastmyles.com
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang Boss 302
Then what's the point in offering the limited edition version with all the markup if the only differences are a plaque and color? I don't see how Ford is going to sell them when you can just buy the "package" for $1500 more. How do you guys know these are two different options?

Do you want a car in 2014? That's the big selling point on the WW and KB editions IMHO.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you want a car in 2014? That's the big selling point on the WW and KB editions IMHO.
I assume your point is that the actual anniversary editions have been said to be produced early in the production run, correct? I assume that if there is no constraint on this appearance package, then that would be less of a concern.

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)

I have no doubt they'll easily sell out the 1964 LE models but the differences won't be obvious to 99% of the public between the actual LE and the package, Further later on when these cars are sold on the 2nd hand market I can already see the 50th anniversary package cars being sold and bought under the assumption they are one in the same as the LE....if Ford isn't keep significant differences then I'd say the LE is kind of a waste of $$$...

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
I have no doubt they'll easily sell out the 1964 LE models but the differences won't be obvious to 99% of the public between the actual LE and the package, Further later on when these cars are sold on the 2nd hand market I can already see the 50th anniversary package cars being sold and bought under the assumption they are one in the same as the LE....if Ford isn't keep significant differences then I'd say the LE is kind of a waste of $$$...
Those 1964 LE's come with unique Vin #'s

JonnyMustang

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB
Essentially, Ford is throwing a bone to the average Joe and letting them be a part of the 50th anniversary edition in the form of the appearance pack. The true anniversary edition is for the Barrett-Jackson crowd and will have enough tweaks (namely having every option ever made and a unique color) to make it difficult to copy (VIN being the biggest one).

To the onlooker, you won't notice much difference...it's all about the pride of ownership.
Sponsored