Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150

qwkcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-mustang
Thanks, I bet the Mustang does not qualify, but I'll give it a try.
Normal Mustangs like V-6 and GT have always qualified when I looked/dream. It really is up to the dealer, if they even participate, because I think some folks have secured x-plan on Boss and Shelby even when Ford lists them as ineligible. Maybe they just adjust the price to mimic x-plan.

Here is the x-plan FAQ, ... ineligible link in section 4.0 https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/jsp/howitworks/fordpartner_rules.htm

trolls56

Threads
Reaction score
Normal Mustangs like V-6 and GT have always qualified when I looked/dream. It really is up to the dealer, if they even participate, because I think some folks have secured x-plan on Boss and Shelby even when Ford lists them as ineligible. Maybe they just adjust the price to mimic x-plan.

Here is the x-plan FAQ, ... ineligible link in section 4.0 https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/jsp/howitworks/fordpartner_rules.htm
Most dealerships will give x-plan as it is a simple process that they still get paid. Cars like Shelby's Boss' and Raptors normally don't qualify. When i bought my Raptor I used truecar.com to figure out the price I wanted to pay on it. I ended up finding a dealership that gave me a price under invoice. I have never seen when Mustang and Mustang GT haven't qualified for x-plan. If they qualify and the dealership won't except it I'd find a new dealership.

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
I know there aren't many S550s out there, but that's my least favourite with the painted diffuser...
So true so true. Give me the all black or half painted half body color diffuser.

Like Jay said this is just a prototype, all the other models I've seen released don't have this style diffuser so hopefully they've changed it!

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Plus you can buy Ford stock or join Mustang Club of America for X-plan which basically is invoice. Thus Ford Partner prices.
Already part of my plan. Planning on joining MCA in the next month or two. In 2 months after that I should be able to receive my X-plan pricing PIN number. Then finding a dealer that will accept X-plan pricing. Someone will want to sell to me at that price, I will just have to do a lot of email groundwork.

Sponsored

DBGTCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007GT/CS
Got To Have

My good wife of 40 years and I watched the video last evening while enjoying a few Bud Light. Near the end I said instead of upgrading our 09 F-150 Super Crew when I retire in 15 months , we better do our 2007 GT/CS. I agree the more we see this car the more awesome it is. Magnetic Metallic , 6sp. auto. 3:55 gears, 19" premium wheels and recaros. Just hope we can go to Flat Rock to see it built.

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
It may take time when there are deals out there, rebates or dealers who are willing to honor x-plans. If you remember the 2005s fitrst hitting the ground, there were no deals, especially on GTs. there seemed to be a shortage of 4.6s for the Mustangs, with most dealer lots being filled with V6s early on.
This will certainly be true if there are GT350s or 2014.5s. Those who have to be the first on the block to have one will pay for the privilege.

mrkrabz

Threads
Reaction score
I really don't like the new exhaust tune. It's sounds way to ricerish for me. I like the deep grumble of the current generation much, much better. I hope they change it, or it's just the bad audio quality that I keep hearing.

qwkcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-mustang
........Then finding a dealer that will accept X-plan pricing. Someone will want to sell to me at that price, I will just have to do a lot of email groundwork.
Finding x-plan inventory and dealers is easy https://www.fordpartner.com but the search radius is clunky and can't search keyword or option package numbers so once again really need the dealer's help to find something special in stock or order.

Sponsored

Bullitt3980

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
It may take time when there are deals out there, rebates or dealers who are willing to honor x-plans. If you remember the 2005s fitrst hitting the ground, there were no deals, especially on GTs. there seemed to be a shortage of 4.6s for the Mustangs, with most dealer lots being filled with V6s early on.
This will certainly be true if there are GT350s or 2014.5s. Those who have to be the first on the block to have one will pay for the privilege.
The take rate for the interior upgrade pkg was bigger than planned so there was a shortage of aluminum dash covers

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
I will definitely be upgrading to MFT no matter which engine I select. The standard radio unit is plain and a bit cheap looking, like something out of a pickup truck. A big demerit on what is otherwise a nice interior.

I will seriously consider the Recaros too. I don't really need power seats.

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Not entirely true. Obviously you won't get a rebate or work an awesome deal but only those who are foolish will PAY for the so called privilege. Yes crappy dealers will tell the misinformed that the 2015 is exempt from x-plan and or subject to markups because it's a "special edition 50th anniversary model" it will be just like 2005 all over again. You will have to do a little work to find an honest dealer if you haven't already done so. In my personal experience it's almost a 50/50 split good to bad dealer but that will vary. And yes the interior upgrade package was responsible for the shortage of 05, I remember that from personal experience. Let's hope Ford anticipates option take rates more accurately this time.

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
Not entirely true. Obviously you won't get a rebate or work an awesome deal but only those who are foolish will PAY for the so called privilege. Yes crappy dealers will tell the misinformed that the 2015 is exempt from x-plan and or subject to markups because it's a "special edition 50th anniversary model" it will be just like 2005 all over again. You will have to do a little work to find an honest dealer if you haven't already done so. In my personal experience it's almost a 50/50 split good to bad dealer but that will vary. And yes the interior upgrade package was responsible for the shortage of 05, I remember that from personal experience. Let's hope Ford anticipates option take rates more accurately this time.
My fight when buying my '03 Mach 1 is long since etched in my mind. Few got sticker for the first six months or so, and I was fortunate enough to find a dealer to let one go for under that. Most paid a premium and most dealers refused to honor any kind of plan that discounted them. Rebated didn't apply, much like the SVT Cobra, but ADMs did.
I certainly hope the dealers don't gouge people...but they are in the business of making money on you and me...and they will.

qwkcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-mustang
Dealers have other ways besides sales price to make money. Trade in sell/auction/wholesaling, financing, service, paint body.

Good volume fuels that.
Sponsored