Sponsored

5.2L Voodoo loud engine knock - That don't sound good

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I would assume a defective part in the engine, but there's always a possibility someone was revving a cold, new motor and spun a rod bearing. The Voodoo sounds so good it invites that kind of abuse. As far as on the road driving goes - from what I read the owner wasn't treating it poorly.
Sponsored

Dolsvt00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 5.0
All this "break in" discussion is laughable. He found some faulty parts or a poorly assembled engine end of story. The lack of real engine knowledge on this forum is disturbing.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I think most new GT350 owners are 60+ years old and put around a few miles each weekend if the weather is perfect, then park their poor GT350's in the garage and let them sit. I say drive the piss out of them.
:rollseyes:

You know what they say, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
All this "break in" discussion is laughable. He found some faulty parts or a poorly assembled engine end of story. The lack of real engine knowledge on this forum is disturbing.
You should check out some of the Facebook Groups... ooof!

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
The fact is that we will likely never know exactly unless he can get the dealer to bore scope it... Historically, Ford doesn't allow these engines to be disassembled or even thoroughly diagnosed - they scoop them up and send them back to the mothership.

Sponsored

bretlasalle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R
With all due respect u r kidding right, the car never got hot, we are talking 10 seconds a short break and 13 seconds and done in 30 degree weather.

The motor was found to be just fine. When the mechanic went to take the motor out for replacement, he had a hard time separating the motor from the bell housing.

After a struggle he found the reason. 1 of 12 bolts that hold the bell housing to the transmission had come loose and fell to the bottom of the bell housing.

Then it worked its way back to the flywheel where it was caught and wedged between the flywheel and bell housing thus locking up the drivetrain.

The motor was fine and the tranny was fine. The bolt must have been missed and was only hand tight by a few threads during assembly as it came out on day 2 at 53 miles. That video represents the total of all burnouts performed on this car to date.....Steve
I have to admit, at first, I thought it was crazy to do a burnout out of the box. After reading more about the subject and talking to people far more car intelligent than I, I now think you are lucky that this happened so early and at such a small speed. How unfortunate it would have been to have this happen at a high rate of speed. I don't think I was overly tough on you with what I wrote on the forums, but I do apologize for adding to the unintelligent dialogue written on your posts. Really happy that Ford took care of you, I'm sure OP will get taken care of... just thankful that Ford got ambitious with this motor/car and happy that they are quick to fix problems, not blame owners! :cheers:

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
I think its badass that a new GT350 owner actually used his car like it was intended to. Things break, shit happens, oh well. He has a fast car, it's meant to be driven fast.

I think most new GT350 owners are 60+ years old and put around a few miles each weekend if the weather is perfect, then park their poor GT350's in the garage and let them sit. I say drive the piss out of them. My 04 Cobra had 6 miles on it and I was beating on it hard. Now has 72,xxx miles still running strong on stock block.
I'm not finding this to be the case, at all. Sure, there will always be those that have garage queens, but I think they are in the minority with this car.

markham51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 07 GT500 SS, MKIII Cobra, 68 Shelby GT500 KR Convert
"The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing.” - Henry Ford

Toodles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Terminated Cobra
FYI:

1-2-3-2 at WOT will usually do that.

Sponsored

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I've never followed break in procedure on any new vehicle or machine and have had zero issues to date. They actually tend to run better almost like factory freaks. If it's going to break, it will happen no matter what.

He could have followed the break in procedure and then have the same thing happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored