Sponsored

4 Door Mustang Coming soon

DTeal23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium GT
Something like a Panamera would be sick.
Sponsored

EVL-S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Waiting on CARB approval. This can be a very long process.
Apply earlier. 18’s have been out for over a year. Bullitt is running a GT350 variant CAI, GT350 intake manifold and TB. Clearly it’s tuned to run that.

chevyesunamierda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua calzadil
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Ford F-350 Ford F-150
Mustang looking SUV, 4 door Mustang. If that's true the Mustang just becomes the name for Fords new corporate identity.

Also a Ford against an A7 and panamera? Guess this Ford guy obviously never sat in these cars if he thinks a Ford can be on par...
Never heard of the GT350R?

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

Sponsored

StingyStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT base PP
What, is Ford going to just make everything out of the Mustang Now?

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I for one think that 4 door rendering looks great. As long as you stick to grown up colours and no mods, the basic shape lends itself well to a 4 door coupe layout.

However, if they want to go after bmw, Merc and Audi equivalents they will need to sell it under another brand entirely from non ford dealerships. They will need to drastically change the interior and overall build quality too. Not impossible as ford has Lincoln and Vignale brands they could use to differentiate it.

Fingers crossed it may one day progress beyond a rendering

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
What is all this talk about Ford can't compete with zee Germans? May I remind everyone that the Mustang is the best selling sports car in the world for 3 years now. Not Porsche, VW, Audi, Merc or BMW.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
What is all this talk about Ford can't compete with zee Germans? May I remind everyone that the Mustang is the best selling sports car in the world for 3 years now. Not Porsche, VW, Audi, Merc or BMW.

The key word is “sports car” - start making four door sedans with a Mustang front end and SUVs and it’s no longer a sports car. That four door Mustang is a rolling joke. To give the rear seat passengers proper head room they are going to have to change the rake of the roof line. It will not go well. Ford, if you want sedans - oh wait, you are killing them for some reason but the Mustang becomes one? Porsche really has a pedigree that survived the bastardization process. Mustang and Camaro bastadizations don’t.

I was banking on the hybrid and the full EV Mustang but the other ideas make me glad I still have the V6 and didn’t invest more cash in a brand that may be a watered down joke in a few years. If this other stuff is true then it’s off to Corvette land and I’m never coming back!

Sponsored

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
The key word is "inspired" by Mustang. This is not a 4 door Mustang or sedan, but a Sport CUV that will take design queues from the Mustang. The Chevy Blazer is a Camaro inspired CUV, not a 4 door Camaro sedan.

This will be Ford's Macan in an EV.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I have lit up that still image of this new 'Mustang inspired' van so you can see the fully closed grille.
lit.jpg

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
The key word is "inspired" by Mustang. This is not a 4 door Mustang or sedan, but a Sport CUV that will take design queues from the Mustang. The Chevy Blazer is a Camaro inspired CUV, not a 4 door Camaro sedan.

This will be Ford's Macan in an EV.

Here’s an idea! How about calling it the new Taurus or Fusion (since everyone thought the new Mustang looked like it).

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The key word is “sports car” - start making four door sedans with a Mustang front end and SUVs and it’s no longer a sports car. That four door Mustang is a rolling joke. To give the rear seat passengers proper head room they are going to have to change the rake of the roof line. It will not go well. Ford, if you want sedans - oh wait, you are killing them for some reason but the Mustang becomes one? Porsche really has a pedigree that survived the bastardization process. Mustang and Camaro bastadizations don’t.

I was banking on the hybrid and the full EV Mustang but the other ideas make me glad I still have the V6 and didn’t invest more cash in a brand that may be a watered down joke in a few years. If this other stuff is true then it’s off to Corvette land and I’m never coming back!
The Audi sportback style sedans have a pretty aggressive rear roof line and retain rear passenger room.

The photo of the Mustang was just a rendering someone photoshopped so the actual roofline could be way different.

Many diehard Porsche fans hated the Panamera when it came out because it was against everything Porsche had ever been. That vehicle has probably done more to save current day Porsche than anything else as they were finally able to give BMW and Mercedes a run for their money in a luxury sedan. Why turn your back on Ford if they do the same?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Here’s an idea! How about calling it the new Taurus or Fusion (since everyone thought the new Mustang looked like it).
They died for reasons other than the name, but you don't want to come up with an all new car and put a tainted name on it. If the new car is sporty enough and handles well, no issue with it being a derivative of the Mustang.
Sponsored