Sponsored

4 Door Mustang Coming soon

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Ford has never before felt a need to tarnish the Mustang brand for its other sporty coupes and sedans. Call it a Torino and launch it with a Starsky and Hutch limited edition.
Sponsored

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
2021 401A Security pckg 20x9 Chrome Wheel Upgrade

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
if the could make it weigh less than 3700 poubds i be interestrd but then again thr current mustang wmis already over weight for a coupe so i doubt it

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
Its always fun when some guy runs out and buys their first mustang. Joins a forum. The posts the same wacky sh!t. They've been saying for the last 25 yrs.
Yeah I remember being on Porsche forums when all kinds of weirdness came out about Porsche SUVs and Sedans. Oh wait.

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Ford needs to name it after the cool concept the had out several years ago Thunderbolt. And by the way the Torino was available as a 2door 4door and a station wagon.

kirbster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I thought we are experiencing a "sedan apocalypse" right now? Would it sell? Not sure how I'd feel about an actual four door Mustang. My first thought is don't do it. Now a four door car based off the Mustang would be fine if they called it a Falcon. But again would it work?

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
I'm gonna make a scientific wildass guess here, but do you you suppose the two guys were confused? They could have been talking about Ford's new performance version of the Edge. I saw an advertisement for that thing last night. IDK........., but I do think a 4-door version of the Mustang would be sacrilege.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Torino was 2 door.

You could call it a Fairlane 500 which would work nicely with the 5.0 liter and a super charger.

https://bangshift.com/general-news/...ford-weve-ever-found-check-out-this-fairlane/
Fairlane, Fairmont, Five Hundred, Galaxie, Elite, Thunderbird, LTD, anything but Mustang.

But actually, the Torino was offered in both four door and wagon versions as well as the two door coupe.
https://www.ford-torino.de/en/brochures/model-year-1973/#!jig[11]/ML/13180

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Ford seems to be having a terrible time with naming right now...

They have such a vast arsenal of names that they can use, why do they keep making these dumb mistakes? First, they try to name an electric SUV "Mach 1" when they had thunderbolt, lightning, etc. available, then they come up with the genius idea of "Performance Pack LEVEL 2" when they could've used Mach 1, cobra, Boss, or even just "track pack"... Now, they can't come up with a good name for a Sedan, so they're going to call it "Mustang Plus" or something stupid like that when they could use Falcon, Fairlane, Torino, Thunderbird, etc.

FORD, GIVE ME A BREAK. MY FACE CAN ONLY SURVIVE SO MANY MORE PALMS BEFORE PERMENANT DAMAGE ENSUES

hcappie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
People keep knocking the Charger. I’d get one if I didn’t have the Mustang! It’s the only performance sedan you could get with a V8 and rear wheel drive. And Dodge does sell tons as I see more than plenty on the road. I hope it lives on for a long time. Dodge advertises the shit out of it hence it does sell. Chevy didn’t advertise the SS and it didn’t look any different than the Impala. That car didn’t make it. Ford didn’t advertise the Taurus or update it. It now needs to die because of neglect. That should have offered a V8 and RWD, and a more aggressive look. It may have been a solid contender against the Charger. Well Ford, maybe a 4-door Falcon with several powertrain options, including an aggressive/sporty V8 and RWD (even if shared with the Mustang platform) might keep buyers at Ford who don’t want a coupe, SUV or truck

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
This from a dealer that WAS at the LV event:

"While it is mustang themed, it will not be a mustang. It’s also 100% electric. 300 miles on full charge, 45 miles on 15 minute charge, faster than a current GT mustang 0-60"

I think we're reading too much into the new video released today. This "4 door Mustang" is the "Mustang SUV/Mach1/all-electric".....they are one and the same, not two separate vehicles.

This is your 4 door "Mustang". This is the all-electric "Mustang SUV".

next-gen-ford-mustang-2-1539955908-jpg.jpg

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Just because I just joined the forum has nothing to do with me buying my first mustang. You can see in my signature that this isn't my first. I'm now on my 4th mustang btw.
Secondly all the information I have is from two people that were at the dealer reveal earlier this week.

One of them being the person that took the picture of the GT500...
im sorry. So your sayin you knew better and still posted that.
Sponsored